Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thank you (NOT really) to the town of Frederick Colorado RE Sales Tax

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Ain't no free rides. We all want tons of shit from the government but no one wants to pay for it. Did they put the tax increase up to a vote?
Not all of us want this. Some of us want the government to quit stealing so much to return so little to the people who are actually paying for it.

Last edited:

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
A sure fire way to care less about taxes is to make less money and buy less stuff.
Our choice in cars says most of us aren't good at doing that. Then there's the total HP thread . . .
Hey i resemble that remark...:eek:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Not all of us want this. Some of us want the government to quit stealing so much to return so little to the people who are actually paying for it.
I disagree with the term stealing, other than as it used to reflect the constant reduction in the progressiveness of our nations tax structure in favor of the rich. For example, go back and look at the corporate tax structure. Most folks will consider the 50s to be one of the times when America was strongest, economically dominate, the middle class strong, economy booming, and a family able to get by on a single adult income. Corporate tax rate at that time was over 50%. The reasoning is pretty straight forward, but I won't get into that here unless we'd like to do that. The point is, putting a larger and larger load on the shrinking middle class will not pay, sustainably, or in the short term for what we want and need as a nation. And yes, the government has to make decision for the nation as a whole, not individualized segments, no matter how vocal (unless they have a great lobby!). Personally, I say anonymize all campaign donations (give as much as you like, within reason to whoever you like, but have it come from a central processing center with no ability to track it back and make divulging such sourcing a criminal offense), force a balanced budget, go with the staggered 18 year term for each justice on the court (one swaps out every two years - making the court far more responsive to societal changes, less a geriatric fest, and each president gets to appoint two of them in each term). I don't have a problem with paying taxes, I have a problem with how much each person is selected to pay, and how it is spent. I should not pay more tax than Exxon (and I have).

A good short primer on tax rates (particularly corporate) and the economy in general is here, if anyone cares: https://www.epi.org/publication/ib364-corporate-tax-rates-and-economic-growth/

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah, 100,000 pennies...
My first accountant in business (had him till he died)..always drilled into me...Watch the pennies...the dollars will take care of themselves ...he was right

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
Taxation without representation...

TrackDay nailed it though. We pay these taxes so that people who don't contribute to the tax pool can live wonderful lives. Become one of those people and reap the benefits.
Otherwise, you're a sucker like the rest of us.

Did you miss the part where Bull pointed out that the tax increase in his town like every other tax increase in Colorado was approved by voters. Do you feel the same way about the military?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Since when do all voters contribute jack to the economy?

The people most likely to vote are the parasites who live like gigantic lampreys on the money STOLEN from productive people and handed to the queen termites and their sperm-scattering, worthless felon paramours. How much money does the government STEAL from workers to pay for each additional larva squirted out? 900 dollars per month of vote-,purchasing money?

Attachments

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Depends on my mood
The taxing itself is one thing but what gets me is I don’t get hardly anything for it. I mean I get the idea that we all need to contribute to the greater good but seems like maximum money output with minimal benefit back and the ones that get the most benefit are contributing the least. Don’t get me started....

cooldawg

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Angola
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
RAM
Here in ‘business friendly’ and ‘conservative’ Indiana, plates are very high. My 15 RAM is still just under $500. Here’s the REAL kicker especially if you’re a bargain hunter:

In Indiana, you pay sales tax on the rebate amount! I believe we are one of only two states that do that (Montana the other, I think). Republican majority in State legislature, but they are big government advocates in every way.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Did you miss the part where Bull pointed out that the tax increase in his town like every other tax increase in Colorado was approved by voters. Do you feel the same way about the military?
I also don’t think that everyone is qualified to vote (it’s Colorado after all). I honestly believe you should know what you’re voting for. The unfortunate reality is that regardless of the words used to describe the tax plan, the actions taken as a result of it passing typically don’t align with the source material. All the more reason I want representation.
Do I want the military funded? Hell yeah. I have a feeling we could spend half, with competitive bidding for those contracts, and end up with a better product. I mean, we could save some money if we just stopped being the world police too...
I don’t see us cutting military funding again anytime soon, but getting rid of some of the social anchor that is dragging us down would be great.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
I also don’t think that everyone is qualified to vote (it’s Colorado after all). I honestly believe you should know what you’re voting for. The unfortunate reality is that regardless of the words used to describe the tax plan, the actions taken as a result of it passing typically don’t align with the source material. All the more reason I want representation.
Do I want the military funded? Hell yeah. I have a feeling we could spend half, with competitive bidding for those contracts, and end up with a better product. I mean, we could save some money if we just stopped being the world police too...
I don’t see us cutting military funding again anytime soon, but getting rid of some of the social anchor that is dragging us down would be great.
No argument there (y)