Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Demon Springs are well worth the price.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Here’s a screen shot of the car on the dyno. It’s from a video (I can’t post those here). It’s with a stock 20” wheel and tire on the rear. The fronts are 28’s also and the car sits level front and rear with the 1320 springs. I do think they lower the car a little all around though (probably due to the increased weight of the Hellcat) because they noticeably changed the camber on the front. I will also add a picture where if you look you can see that the tops of the tire are now tipped in due to this. The only way to “fix” that is by adjusting the cradle and I didn’t do that because I think it will steer better in a straight line under acceleration the way it is. View attachment 7640 View attachment 7641
Thanks for the pictures. I think so far I like the way these sit the most. One could argue that the 4x4 look the OEM demon springs give you, give you more travel room for launching, but I don't care for the lifted look! It might lower it all the way around, but I would imagine it would lower it more in the front (less weight than 1320) vs the rear we should be about the same weight. Have you tested them at the track yet? You happy with them over the stock springs? I've seen a few drag racers at the track have tow in with their fronts as well. So did you not do an alignment then? I'd want to make sure the rears are getting as much contact as possible, but from your pics they look good. Plus the 1320 springs are very reasonably priced! My Redeye should have about the same weight as your Hellcat does, and I think I'd be happy with this look.

Post your track results if you haven't already! 60fts, or anything such as more reliable launches. I would imagine the weight transfer should be pretty good. How's the around town driving? Very soft or? The only issue I see so far is clearing a trailer if its lowered more, lol. Borrowed a buddies trailer, and with my stock fronts I barely could open the door (1/4"-1/2" inch) clearance (open trailer). So I'll have to likely dukes of hazard it lol.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I did another alignment but left the camber alone because I didn’t want to mess with the cradle. I did learn something in the process though. I told them I wanted a zero toe in the front and rear. I was told that a actual zero toe setting in the front is not the factory setting. He explained that for the street, the front alignment takes into account that streets are crowned for water runoff and the factory toe alignment compensates for that. He said if I go with zero toe, it will pull to the right unless I’m on a flat surface (like a drag strip). I told them to set it up for the track. Now going down the road.... it pulls to the right. Race cars are not street cars. 😂 As far as the ride goes..... the springs are a lot softer and did improve the ride. That being said..... with what I’ve done with the suspension and bushings in the rear, the ride has been described as “like a brick” so softer springs were a improvement. There is no doubt that it transfers weight better than the stock HC springs. As of now we’ve only had it on the track one time and due to conditions only made one pass with this suspension/tire combination. There are a ton of variables but short story... it didn’t hook up at all, and yet.... still produces sixty’s in the 1.4’s. When you’re peddling it to get off the line and still running under a 1.5 sixty..... there’s hope.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I installed the hhp racing springs that are duplicates of the demon ones I like the stance and it definitely helps my launch I believe this is with the 315 tires 090ED335-105C-43E4-8DAD-F6CE769846A4.jpeg 68CD1817-1B6D-4D72-A918-7EC33F613D23.png

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
20190824_223620.jpg

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I installed the hhp racing springs that are duplicates of the demon ones I like the stance and it definitely helps my launch I believe this is with the 315 tires View attachment 7657 View attachment 7658
Looks good, I think 315s in general look better in the back than the 305s. Fills in that space nicely! I just need to hammer down and make them fit, lol. You have a picture of the front vs rear after springs were installed, with the vehicle at rest?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
And hammer down you will lol

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Haven’t launched my OEM ones yet. Have to wait for spring. I’m in winter mode now.

OEM Demon springs with 20’s AE25D52E-4D10-4A32-96AD-888379AC2323.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plant City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger
https://highhorseperformance.com/hh...gs-2015-2019-6-2l-charger-challenger-hhphcrs/

I posted in the 'what have you done to your Hellcat today' thread about these Demon Springs and a couple of you wanted to know if they were worth the $325. HHP and Carlisle performance both have these in stock, however I wanted the ones from HHP due to the fact they were painted black versus orange.

My mods are real simple, 2.85 upper, tune, 180 stat, Mickey R's 305/45/17. Work done by Peitz performance in Houston. Red Eye. No weight reduction, no skinnies, just drove to the track, lowered the tire pressure to 18 on the Mickey's then lined up to race.

My only passes were made during the Lone Star Moparfest, and there was a hiccup in the tune, so my PB that day was 10.42 @ 133, with a 60 foot time of 1.575. The DA when I made that pass was around +2,000. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. The hiccup with the tune made the car feel like it was starving for fuel on the upper end, but that was corrected before the end of the day. Anybody that was racing that day can vouch for how hot and miserable it was.

I was intrigued by the Demon Springs and ordered them, then a buddy installed them for me, however until today, I never really 'got on' the car from a standstill, so until I made my first pass, I had no idea what the difference would be between the stock springs and Demon Springs.

When I made my first pass today, I knew by both the butt dyno and a timeslip that this was money well spent. The DA was -325 (great for Texas) and this was a track rental, so the guys did a jam up job with the prep.

My PB until today was a 10.42. To simplify, I now own a 9 second car........well 9.991 is still in the 9's. The slip showed 9.991 @ 136 with a 60 foot time of 1.453.

I turned right around and ran a 10.026 @ 136 with a 60 foot time of 1.454.

Original PB taken at LSMF.

View attachment 5864
Passes I made today.

View attachment 5865

Do the springs Lower the car?

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #29

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
These Springs add some hight so when launching it helps the transferring of the weight.

Linda :)

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
appreciate the info in this thread. I’m searching for anything to help with the launch on my brick.
I’m liking the info on the hhp springs. I’m also liking the input from mark about the 1320 springs. Might have to try the HHp and also the 1320 to test.

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #32
With the HHP version installed. Right after with maybe 5 days and 200 miles since the installation.
IMG_20191016_101431.jpg

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
appreciate the info in this thread. I’m searching for anything to help with the launch on my brick.
I’m liking the info on the hhp springs. I’m also liking the input from mark about the 1320 springs. Might have to try the HHp and also the 1320 to test.
I can’t believe you don’t already at least have demon springs

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Do Redeyes have demon springs?

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I can’t believe you don’t already at least have demon springs
lol. I have Mopar springs. I haven’t done much for my suspension other than diff brace and upper control arms.

im having some stuff changed up this week with new upper and lower arms, cradle lockout, all new bushings, same diff brace. Thinking of springs to test as well.

OP
TEXAS REDEYE

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Thread Starter #36

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
lol. I have Mopar springs. I haven’t done much for my suspension other than diff brace and upper control arms.

im having some stuff changed up this week with new upper and lower arms, cradle lockout, all new bushings, same diff brace. Thinking of springs to test as well.
You better get moving.... 😊 I leave for AZ one week from today! Forecast for GB is sunny and 69/45. That means the DA will be gooood!

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
With the HHP version installed. Right after with maybe 5 days and 200 miles since the installation.
View attachment 7925
Those are with 305s in the back right? Looks like it sits about the same as stock.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
@TEXAS REDEYE

HHP Drag springs

PCP HHP.jpg

19' Redeye OEM springs.
Hoodwrap2.jpg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Here is my car with demon springs and about 5000 miles on them to settle .

Rear tires are 305/45/17
Fronts tires are 27.5/4.5/17