Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
You can buy E85 in a drum like you can 100 octane and its likely better/more consistent blend than what you would find at a pump.
Corn fields and E85 are aplenty out your way, my neck of the woods maybe 5 stations within 200 miles. I wish I had more E 85 out my way. If flex tuned it would take into account E content in the tune. And I would go with it.

$1 million dollars!!
These people don't seem to be interested in producing unique cars.
That right there is what Put them on the map with muscle cars. Unique Muscle Cars.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That right there is what Put them on the map with muscle cars. Unique Muscle Cars.
I keep asking myself what happened?
For 60+ years they always had something different whether many liked it or not.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Since I don't use alot of fuel my VP guy told me that E85 would spoil before I used it all. What do you do with that?
They also sell it 5 and i think 10 gallon drums.
Or split it a big one among friends.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I get my race E85 in 5 gallon pails. I'm told it can absorb moisture and go bad so I've always just stuck with 5 gallon containers. I've never seen it go bad personally though. For the street I just get pump E85 from my favorite station. I'm pretty lucky that brand is all over the place around here and even up in KY close to the race track for getting back home.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The downside of alcohol.

If you run it in your daily driver, no big deal

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
One would think the fuel tanks designed for Flex fuel would have a bladder in the void between the tank and empty annular space as fuel level goes down the bladder contracts. Much like a expansion tank on a boiler so moister can’t effect E in the tank as much with hydroscopic absorbtion. The manufactures had to know cars sitting to long in humid climates would wreak havoc on fuel system and engine. Shit I guess I think to deep on things. Maybe if this fuel crisis and gas price climb the market will open more to E85 availability.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Alcohol is .80 specific gravity to water, meaning it drops to bottom of tank. Most diesels have water trap with float indicator, and even have a small draw off valve to drain unwanted water. Duramax out my yard has it. I imagine this stuff has been hashed out just thinking why not. I haven’t had any dealings with E85, but my guess it’s in my future and will need to learn in outs dealing with it.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
One would think the fuel tanks designed for Flex fuel would have a bladder in the void between the tank and empty annular space as fuel level goes down the bladder contracts. Much like a expansion tank on a boiler so moister can’t effect E in the tank as much with hydroscopic absorbtion. The manufactures had to know cars sitting to long in humid climates would wreak havoc on fuel system and engine. Shit I guess I think to deep on things. Maybe if this fuel crisis and gas price climb the market will open more to E85 availability.
I thought about this for a bit a while back and here's my "theory". The tank is pretty well sealed. When full air is forced out and replaced with the fuel. As it's drained down vents obviously allow for that draw but I gotta wonder how much air/moisture actually gets to the system. I'm sure there's some as in your diesel example, but unless the car just sets for weeks and weeks is it enough to cause a problem? I've had mine sit for 2 weeks with E85 in the tank and no issues and it's humid here this time of year. I do run 93 through mine once a month though just for peace of mind in cleaning up anything that may have formed. I'll be swapping things around this fall on to the new blower and will get a good look at my injectors then. I'm considering sending them out for a clean but not sure it's worth the hassle.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
And further, the air that is drawn in, while it obviously contains a certain amount of moisture, it doesn't get continuously replaced, therefor exposure is somewhat limited (but also not absolute)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Good to know, I wouldn’t plan on letting sit too long, one way or another be it the unlikely release of E85/ flex from Auburn Hills (plausible deniability) Not Stellantis I will confront E of whatever # blend.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
And just when you couldn’t stand the Freaking suspense any longer @ RS SURFACED FROM BEING AWOL, then threw us a bone, not just a bone a Huge Woolly 🦣 Tusk bone, confirming all our wildest wishes are about to come true. I suddenly woke up and realized it’s only a dream. Ah the old days of waiting for the latest teasers from him.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
That was just to git back to OP. Conformance right Bull

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
And just when you couldn’t stand the Freaking suspense any longer @ RS SURFACED FROM BEING AWOL, then threw us a bone, not just a bone a Huge Woolly 🦣 Tusk bone, confirming all our wildest wishes are about to come true. I suddenly woke up and realized it’s only a dream. Ah the old days of waiting for the latest teasers from him.
I think you can get permanently banned for setting up a post like this....just sayin! :love:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I did that to @1971demon a ways back I thought he was going get in car from Buffalo to get Medieval on my ass. Got to have thick skin here or the Piranhas will eat ya. Heck I have taken a couple O slugs here once or twice.

Ya Ya it’s allllways funny till somebody gets put in the cooler ILLEGAL DEMON.
All the angry villagers came to get Frankenstein in his demonic castle With clubs and torches.

And now As a kid growing up in the 60s I bring FCA this special presentation if they skate away before the “ICE“ melts. I am sure this kid Dennis would agree.

7FCFC487-FFA9-4484-BDEB-8E86DAF36DBF.jpeg

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
On couch sick as a dog I’ll lay off keyboard and you folks for a bit

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Feel better.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Never thought chlamydia made ya sick.:eek:..take yer meds,,,:sick::sick:

Reillyrob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Redeye
I kind of doubt it.....The Hellcat stage kits are still not available and Dodge is not taking anymore orders on Redeyes at this time. Not to mention there isn't a SRT department any longer.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I kind of doubt it.....The Hellcat stage kits are still not available and Dodge is not taking anymore orders on Redeyes at this time. Not to mention there isn't a SRT department any longer.
Party is over as far as I'm concerned.