Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The last Hellcat rumor mill

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I don't like ADM's...and don't pay them...but I don't disagree with them...If a car...or any commodity is for sale..and there is a SUGGESTED retail price...you as a consumer...(a car in this case)..are always looking for a deal...you EXPECT a deal..a discount off MSRP..and in most cases...you get it...and your fine with it...but when it goes the other way...you squeal like a stuck pig...(as do I)..its human nature..some will begrudge a dealer for ADM's...yet buy @ msrp...then flip it for the 10/20 or more consideration they got from the dealer...but that's ok I guess...If you want the car....pay the man...if not get the fuck outta the way..yer holdin up the line of those that will pay what the market dictates...any questions...:unsure:
I have to admit that we paid a little over MSRP on the last 2 vehicles. At the same time we got way more than we paid for 1 and almost exactly what we paid for the other. This was never possible in the past.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And while I agree with you, being the Capitalist that I am, the difference in a dealership is that charges ADM like this, is that they aren't actually tracking market demand, they are creating a false market and lying to you about what that market is.
A commodity is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it...they are not overly concerned with tracking market demand..and if being less than candid with you about identifying what any given market is.....is the only lie you hear within those dealership walls..you did good...real good...the dealership philosophy today is make every last dime you can...on every car that goes out the door...@ the end of the day...that's all that matters...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A commodity is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it...they are not overly concerned with tracking market demand..and if being less than candid with you about identifying what any given market is.....is the only lie you hear within those dealership walls..you did good...real good...the dealership philosophy today is make every last dime you can...on every car that goes out the door...@ the end of the day...that's all that matters...
It's always been that way. You have a business to make money. Why else would you risk your money?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...they are not overly concerned with tracking market demand..

Right, and that's my point... But if you walk into a dealership like this and point out that they aren't inline with the market, and that the exact same thing can be had elsewhere for significantly less, you'll get belittled, pressured and told you're wrong.

I don't fault them (too much) for trying, but to then present their position like they do, and take it to the extreme that they do is WHY WE HATE THEM.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Right, and that's my point... But if you walk into a dealership like this and point out that they aren't inline with the market, and that the exact same thing can be had elsewhere for significantly less, you'll get belittled, pressured and told you're wrong.

I don't fault them (too much) for trying, but to then present their position like they do, and take it to the extreme that they do is WHY WE HATE THEM.
I normally deal online before visiting any store.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Agreed...way different than it was 30/40 years ago...the industry has changed...salesman come and go...(and have little or no knowledge )..2years ago when I first was trying to put a deal together for my wife's C8 I visited a few dealers...one sales mgr actually became indignant...to the extent he said..look your not going to come into this dealership and tell me what kinda deal your gonna get..the most unprofessional arrogant fuck I ever interacted with at a dealership...when I turned his name plate down on his desk and said...with that attitude it's my guess your next job is gonna be sellin pork chops door to door...with that he said...I'm going to ask you to leave the premises..they don't care...from the sale...to the FI guy to the service dept...they wanna wring every penny outta you...when they are over stocked..you have leverage..when it's a halo vehicle...they hold all the cards...it sucks..but it is what it is...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Agreed...way different than it was 30/40 years ago...the industry has changed...salesman come and go...(and have little or no knowledge )..2years ago when I first was trying to put a deal together for my wife's C8 I visited a few dealers...one sales mgr actually became indignant...to the extent he said..look your not going to come into this dealership and tell me what kinda deal your gonna get..the most unprofessional arrogant fuck I ever interacted with at a dealership...when I turned his name plate down on his desk and said...with that attitude it's my guess your next job is gonna be sellin pork chops door to door...with that he said...I'm going to ask you to leave the premises..they don't care...from the sale...to the FI guy to the service dept...they wanna wring every penny outta you...when they are over stocked..you have leverage..when it's a halo vehicle...they hold all the cards...it sucks..but it is what it is...
Start everything online. That way you weed out the assholes immediately.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Start everything online. That way you weed out the assholes immediately.
I was fortunate...my C8 deal was 1000 under msrp...they sold all their 2020's @ msrp...that changed in 2021...they started adding ADM's...the reason...5 of their 2020 customers flipped their cars for at least 10 over..then wanted 2021's @ msrp...the owners position was wanna be in the car business???..invest 40/50 million...pay the bill and take the risks..if anybody is gonna make money sellin these cars..its gonna be my dealershp...hard to argue with that...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I was fortunate...my C8 deal was 1000 under msrp....
Sometimes you can beat the system. I negotiated a deal (as usual) on a 911 Turbo S for my girlfriend.

The large Colorado dealer later told me that it was the first time they've ever discounted an order on one of those.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah I'm pretty budget conscious so I do keep track of what items should cost, even on Amazon. To your point sometimes cheaper locally so then I have to consider the pita factor to go get it vs having on my doorstep tomorrow but we're kinda getting away from the point. ADM is an added line item to a products cost. If I saw that on anything I'm moving on.

I don't wanna sound arrogant, but I could buy just about any car I want. I just refuse to get taken advantage of. Plain and simple. I just dont HAVE to have it. I'll find something else to get in to. Make me a fair deal and we're good.

I have one guy I've bought my last 3 or 4 cars from. No nonsense. Makes me glad to know him. If this new whatever is all that and a bag of chips I'll give him a ring but at the end of the day itll have to make sense and that's how I've approached all car deals my entire life. They need me alot more than I need them.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Sometimes you can beat the system. I negotiated a deal (as usual) on a 911 Turbo S for my girlfriend.

The large Colorado dealer later told me that it was the first time they've ever discounted an order on one of those.
When I originally leased the Charger I spent hours only to leave an hour after the store closed with no deal. They called me the next morning after they could get management approval and said, come get your fucking car.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah I'm pretty budget conscious so I do keep track of what items should cost, even on Amazon. To your point sometimes cheaper locally so then I have to consider the pita factor to go get it vs having on ky doorstep tomorrow but we're kinda getting away from the point. ADM is an added line item to a products cost. If I saw that on anything I'm moving on.

I don't wanna sound arrogant, but I could buy just about any car I want. I just refuse to get taken advantage of. Plain and simple. I just dont HAVE to have it. I'll find something else to get in to.
We have gone back to trying to buy from locally owned businesses anytime that we can.
Cars has not been 1 of those things in almost 20 years. I try but they never want to deal or have what I want.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@Speedy! and all that YouTube money😂

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

The used market here in WNY is beyond insane..way beyond insane on 911's

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm famous just ask me and I'll tell ya!

I try to support local as well but the last car I bought local was in 2012.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm famous just ask me and I'll tell ya!
I asked my barber if he knew you and he said...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The used market here in WNY is beyond insane..way beyond insane on 911's
She recently sold that that one, and sure didn't take a beating on it.

Much like the RS6 Avant replacement I found/ordered was at just below MSRP...unlike the local dealer who wanted an extra 20K. Some CA dealers wanted up to 40K ADM.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Oh and the guy I get my cars from is the same one that gave us the Demon to auction at Challengerfest un 2018 for the charity so I try to get with him first.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Oh and the guy I get my cars from is the same one that gave us the Demon to auction at Challengerfest un 2018 for the charity so I try to get with him first.
When are you going to make ChallengerFest more than 1 day?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
She recently sold that that one, and sure didn't take a beating on it.

Much like the RS6 Avant replacement I found/ordered was at just below MSRP...unlike the local dealer who wanted an extra 20K. Some CA dealers wanted up to 40K ADM.
I have never been much of a 911 fan...but if you bought new from 16 on up...It's money in the bank...