Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

To trade up or not....

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Just don't forget the mandatory $4k LoJack, locking lug nuts, free-oil-changes-for-a-year at only $800, and whatever else they may have to offer.
Good point....I forgot all about the $4k mandatory LoJack......and the $500 can of Scotch-Guard fabric protector....

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
And oh yeah @Bowtie Guy would like to consult you after having like his 18th beer:cool:

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #143
Good point....I forgot all about the $4k mandatory LoJack......and the $500 can of Scotch-Guard fabric protector....
Ha their first offer had all that crap on there. All it took was me saying "what are all these fees" for them to remove them haha.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I'm sure it can't be fun for them to continue to pay the taxes on it all this time.
It is costly for a dealer to sit on a car, so that is a good bargaining tool.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Pretty close!

He jut pissed me off though so who knows.

Email said "can't offer more on your trade with it's carfax history".

I replied "what history? The carfax is perfect!".

He replied "oh, you're right, that was a different carfax I was looking at. Still can't offer you more."

WTF? In an earlier email he said he could do $46k on the trade if he saw the car, then backed that down a bit based on someone else's carfax, and now won't go back up?

Serious question, what will they do with that new 2019? It's been on the lot for 270 days what do they do with cars that don't sell.

The only real hangup for me is that you can get deals like this on 2020s and the resale on the 2020 is immediately higher used.

Ummmmm don't you remember 2016? They had new 2016s on the lot for years 😂😂😂😂, those cars had more lonely birthdays than this kid.
skynews-teddy-mazzini-6-year-old_4463185.jpg
This is how I picture those hellcats without a family.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #146
Ummmmm don't you remember 2016? They had new 2016s on the lot for years 😂😂😂😂, those cars had more lonely birthdays than this kid.
View attachment 22768
I do but I was driving a Ram then!

What eventually happens? How do they get rid of them?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
How do they get rid of them?
The kids? Retroactive abortion is the most efficient method.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

The ‘Poor Mans Lease“ was created and yeah pissed off a handful on the other forum with that saying. Basically Dodge caved and you could lease a Hellcat for $500 a month for little or nothing down.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Dealers sit on them until some idiot buys them at a jacked up price, the manufacturer gives them aged inventory bonus, or they price the car appropriately, one of these has to happen or maybe a combination of those.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
View attachment 22768
Those hellcats are at a Chuck E Cheese?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The ‘Poor Mans Lease“ was created and yeah pissed off a handful on the other forum with that saying. Basically Dodge caved and you could lease a Hellcat for $500 a month for little or nothing down.
Well, that was a product of Dodges decision to make 4900 the first year and then say wow, people like the car, they're paying ADM and getting screwed, let's make more money and upping production to 20,000. The dealers didn't treat those cars like the commoditized product they were. F U if you don't want ADM, you silly customer! So to move those left over POS's they had to drop the lease to 0%. At that point, the value proposition of the car was so good that even the notoriously tight fisted magnified would buy one!

Im free.gif

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, that was a product of Dodges decision to make 4900 the first year and then saywow, people like the car, they're paying ADM and getting screwed, let's make more money and upping production to 20,000. The dealers didn't treat those cars like the commoditized product they were. F U if you don't want ADM, you silly customer! So to move those left over POS's they had to drop the lease to 0%. At that point, the value proposition of the car was so good that even the notoriously tight fisted magnified would buy one!

View attachment 22778
That’s a BIG NO. The Obama administration was getting complaints from angry people they didn’t get their Hellcat and no lie Obama intervened and looked into FCA policies. FCA caved and way over produced since the Administration was monitoring the company:geek:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s a BIG NO. The Obama administration was getting complaints from angry people they didn’t get their Hellcat and no lie Obama intervened and looked into FCA policies. FCA caved and way over produced since the Administration was monitoring the company:geek:

but wait theres more.gif

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
FCA caved and way over produced since the Administration was monitoring the company:geek:
As I recall, they were also ordered to produce a fair amount of 4-doors, which obviously no normal person wanted, but through NSA they managed to spread enough subliminal messages to sell several of them.

As a matter of fact, the effects of this quasi hypnosis were so powerful that some owners still defend their decision to buy one.

Last edited:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
As I recall, they were also ordered to produce a fair amount of 4-doors, which obviously no normal person wanted, but through NSA they managed to spread enough subliminal messages to sell several of them.

As a matter of fact, the effects of this quasi hypnosis were so powerful that some owners till defend their decision to buy one.
Snowden, is that you???

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Shhhh!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
damn that's funny. wish all you sons of bitches were here right now. I'd break out the fine drinking whiskey

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

As a matter of fact, the effects of this quasi hypnosis were so powerful that some owners still defend their decision to buy one.
There should be a class action lawsuit against their dastardly actions. FCA should've been made to include the proper PPE.

colander hat.gif

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #160
damn that's funny. wish all you sons of bitches were here right now. I'd break out the fine drinking whiskey
Where is "here" and what kind of whiskey are we talking about?😀