Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

We need more car discussion on this forum.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I have pondered the flex setup, looks like you guys have proved it to be a viable option. So, I am leaning towards tuning for the corn, just wanting to see the limits of 93 before I do.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Flex Thread is up

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Wish I had something to contribute but with 2 careers, 2 young kids, and just finishing up my Master degree I just don't have the time to get smart on where to start with modifying my Hellcat.

I do enjoy following and reading about everything you guys are doing though. From the drag racing builds to @DGatzby and his road course trials, it's incredible helpful for a guy like me who doesn't have the time to trial and error everything.

I won't even compete in anything but I love taking the car out for a drive through the canyons on a cool morning.

Things are starting to lighten up a little though and I may have some time next year to start a street oriented build. Ideally I'd take some lessons learned from Gatzby to make the car handle and brake better, then add enough power to embarrass my buddies with some high dollar cars when we go driving.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Anyone see Leah s ( Mrs Bowtie ) car fold up yesterday ?
The front of the car went 75 feet into the air

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yep, that was crazy. She made the quickest pass all weekend the 1st round and thought she had a good chance to win. Not the first time that has happened

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not sure about that Mrs Bowtie stuff. She is into Dodges:)
20190810_124121(0).jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I don't think an MR2 is very powerful. Too small a mill. And 1/2 of an MR2 would suck even more. But still interested in seeing what you're really talking about. :)

Also, have to add this as "car talk." Guy that bought that SC GTO of mine is loving it, just has a grin on his face all the time. Makes me feel good.

Further, there is a 1970 black and black GTO convertible here in town, sitting partly under a cover at this guys shop. Every time I drive by I look at it. And this little itch starts. But I don't have the time to mod the HC, let alone start restoration. I will put my hand up next to my face as I drive by in the future.
Just pull your mask up over your eyes...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Just pull your mask up over your eyes...
It wouldn't change the way I drive at all!

!!!why_wear_a_seatbelt.gif

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sorry Mag

Very mild big block
Mild trans
370 gears & ford 9"
Car ran 12.20 s on BF G street tires driven both ways to the track
Been to Woodward with her several times
Grand Bend dragway
St Thomas dragway
Back when I had time & drank less

Last time to the track in 2006 with some new parts & MT s trying to break 11 s I exploded the convertor & the center section on the starting line
She hooked hard for .5 seconds

Tore the drivetrain out the next day
Divorce
Lost my job ( company went bankrupt )
2 kids weekend dad deal
New Chic
New job
Car sat
Time passes fast & an old friend wanted the car
Since I knew it was in good hands I sold it

As you can see he is enjoying it (y)(y)(y)

I still have my 68
Its not as pretty but its faster

I m getting lazy that s why I bought a high HP Challenger
Now if I could only put my beer down
Life gets in the way of things buddy. The shitty things only make the best things better by comparison. Keep the priorities straight like you did and you still have all the great memories. That nut that bought my GTO takes away half the stiing of not having it any more simply by the joy its giving him lol

I think we probably sound completely insane to folks who don't have a love affair with car (well, machines in general). I could use a beer now.

Last edited:

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
I agree with the OP. I still check the forum pretty regularly, but just not into political banter so don't participate much. I have strong opinions and deal with plenty of the repercussions of political decisions on a daily basis so not much interest in those conversations on a car forum. I also think the Hellcat platform is getting stale. I still love mine and appreciate that there are a group of people with similar interest but let's be honest there just isn't much new happening with these cars and it's a small enough community that the topics will tend to repeat themselves. Whose up for an A8 vs M6 or a catch can thread?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I agree with the OP. I still check the forum pretty regularly, but just not into political banter so don't participate much. I have strong opinions and deal with plenty of the repercussions of political decisions on a daily basis so not much interest in those conversations on a car forum. I also think the Hellcat platform is getting stale. I still love mine and appreciate that there are a group of people with similar interest but let's be honest there just isn't much new happening with these cars and it's a small enough community that the topics will tend to repeat themselves. Whose up for an A8 vs M6 or a catch can thread?

Save the stick!

;)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Hey, weren't we supposed to meet up at Johnson's Corner for rolls??

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Attachments

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I think the catch can is worth every pennie. The beer wasn't bad either. As long as it gets empty regularly it works.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Hello All,

I learned a long time ago as a young naval officer there are the Twin Taboos. Politics and Religion. You can take a group of talented people who share common interests (cars, winning sea battles, etc.) and who have a high regard for each other and turn them into enemies overnight delving into these sensitive, by definition, "with me, or against me" areas. Who in their right mind would want to spend six months sailing around the world, dependent on each other for their survival, and hating on each other? No CO worth their salt would permit it. This same avoidance philosophy was important even for a four day trip in the airline piloting profession. And...there have been instances when pilots got so pissed off at each other in an asymmetric authority environment (captain and first officer) that safety was compromised. Piss off your FO and instead of his monitoring your approach to landing he's looking out the window wondering how such a jerk ever got to be a captain. Or...maybe it's the FO who's totally the jerk. The point is neither would feel that way about the other if they just stayed away from the Twin Taboos.

In our current political world disagreements about allocation of resources by government (i.e., tax revenue in, better roads and services to people out stuff), which should be a reasonably calm, and especially a rational discussion, has morphed into incredibly emotionally-charged "us" versus "the other" thinking. Both the left and the right political camps are guilty of doing this, and as someone who is neither far left or far right I find it discouraging we're so easily at odds. Tolerance for other viewpoints on politics and religion - codified in our Constitution in the First Amendment (but don't forget - it mostly applies to what the government agencies can't do, and not your employer) - is what makes America great in the historical context of intolerance. I've found that usually both sides of an argument or point of view have some degree of truth - enough to concede that truth while still not compromising your position. So a call by Speedy to refocus on car talk, and the many seconds, is really a call to the brotherhood/sisterhood of car enthusiasts. This difficult political and viral disease time will pass - as all previous difficult periods in America have - to become another interesting chapter in our history.

In a funny aside I retired six weeks ago from flying for a living - and I've never felt busier! I think it was the giant bow wave of to-do items I've finally started getting around to - and so I missed this thread until today. But I did make time to do two road course weekends in October! I will respond to DGatzby's difficulty in getting responses from Parker/Zach at aadperformance.com in his thread "Aftermarket parts - what works and what is a waste of cash? - as my AAD installment/learning curve has also been a journey. And it isn't over.

Best,

Finface

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
whoa now... be careful throwing around all that rational thinking.. (y)

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeah and for sure more car threads lol and China Revolution loves how most people in this country want to ignore the truth......CHINA is controlling our country remotely and eventually will control it here and not as we will know it. And not picking on anyone but we have a great forum to share info and more than ever we need to share info. I am blown away how many people in this country are clueless of the Corruption on both sides and once again China and Russia as well are doing this. It's not Dems are the worst and or Republicans its CHINA is the worst and we need to get rid of all business dealings with CHINA and any of their ownership as well. They have a plan and its working since the country is divided like never before with the blind leading the blind. And yeah back to the car forum topics which for the record there are far more pages and threads on cars than Politics.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
whoa now... be careful throwing around all that rational thinking.. (y)
Lol! Good point! IS it rational to buy a Challenger?

People have favorably commented on the Plum Crazy Purple color. I say I got it because "you have to be plum crazy to buy this car!"