Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Good move, you don’t want this, PISSED me off BIG TIME. Just installed rebuilt engine in a spotlessly detailed engine bay and car underneath tooth brush clean including tranny, DS, rear, axles, etc and 14 Qts of fresh new antifreeze covered it all and then was a FU*K to get home with a radiator torn open like the Titanic’s hull after hitting an iceberg.

9BD01DE7-7B34-42A5-AAE9-1D927FFC07D8.jpeg 3A12BD4F-58BD-4E08-B9F1-75FB6B50A1ED.jpeg 70AFC5E2-0F74-4815-92F0-ED89968A12E5.jpeg FE24FF1D-7D78-421A-B4E9-66CA49F9ED83.jpeg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
it washes off:)

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you really want to get maximum efficiency out of the install get some of this foam backer rod from McMaster and seal the gaps between radiator to intercooler and intercooler to condenser so the fan pulls air through the whole stack not from leaks between them. Position the original upper and lower rubber radiator caps over one groove on the new radiator seal the gap between the stack and the upper and lower radiator mounts so all the air caught in the front air dam has to go through all the coolers not around them. Cover with 1 1/2” wide Scoth Super 88 Electrical tape for that factory look and seal.
85A42E22-3168-4DBF-8D45-2D68DBF124B8.jpeg 7FEB212B-C664-40BE-91DC-B5FFB8C79C54.jpeg 5130D8F9-5B5E-4E48-B8DF-B0910B38B6ED.jpeg D57AD870-C4F6-4A5B-A2D4-E434F9194AFC.jpeg 99CAA7EE-D177-4B39-93FB-C88273629244.jpeg

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Got my under hood covers back, from Advanced Custom Coatings, Texas.

All carbon fiber dipped, with ultra clear coat.

So excited, I had to share. I'll post up some more pix, when I get them installed. For now, Czech it out:

JLT coolant tank cover.

JLT intercooler tank cover.

ABS cover.

Fuse box cover.

Strut cover.

Fuel Rail Covers.

If you like the work, give Kim a call and tell her I sent you.

I'll post pix of this stuff installed, this weekend.

Bob
Those are awesome. Maybe something I’ll look at over the winter.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Those are awesome. Maybe something I’ll look at over the winter.
I highly recommend ACC's work.

Mail them your parts and wait for the magic to happen.

Bob

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
If you really want to get maximum efficiency out of the install get some of this foam backer rod from McMaster and seal the gaps between radiator to intercooler and intercooler to condenser so the fan pulls air through the whole stack not from leaks between them. Position the original upper and lower rubber radiator caps over one groove on the new radiator seal the gap between the stack and the upper and lower radiator mounts so all the air caught in the front air dam has to go through all the coolers not around them. Cover with 1 1/2” wide Scoth Super 88 Electrical tape for that factory look and seal.
View attachment 51537 View attachment 51538 View attachment 51539 View attachment 51540 View attachment 51541
More PN please…

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am dusting off a quart of Southern Shine. The one with the cinamin stick in the bottom. You hit that you are dun. Corn whiskey dun right the 1st time. Right out of the freezer. Wick is still at it.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Went out twice and drove it like I stole it. One week and one day after the shoulder fix. Of course it was in the sling! If I am certified to drive a race car left handed, I figured the HC was toast. It was, it laid over easy, and it was a big blast in some nice air here today. I guess there are not many excuses next week for getting to work now?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
What the hell does that mean??? Wreck your car, tore up your shoulder?? Damn Gatzby,,, thought I was the only one whom had bad luck and still do, doo, doo. Don't say youz got this thru me cause you didn't. What is going on with that story??

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Rod I used is 5/8, don’t worry about the heat rating of 160, it gets hot enough to glue it self to the radiator but the rest of it stays cool enough to remain intact. I couldn’t get links because my McMaster app on my phone would open and be a pain so here’s 2 screen shots of the rod and tape, part numbers are in there. A423F2D2-777D-4493-A6DE-69C1E237D903.png 1DC698E6-456C-4CE3-80BC-EC1BE5EBD108.png

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What the hell does that mean??? Wreck your car, tore up your shoulder?? Damn Gatzby,,, thought I was the only one whom had bad luck and still do, doo, doo. Don't say youz got this thru me cause you didn't. What is going on with that story??
Oh, thanks for asking. I am also a orthopedic wonder, Hick. This time it is a replacement for my dominant right shoulder joint and for good measure he reattached my outside bicep top to the shoulder again. Feels good to go, but as you probably know the sling stays for six weeks. You know they never condone driving in this condition for a bunch of reasons. So Hick, good luck here, no pain, had another good procedure and got back in my car much, much sooner than I thought I would.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Waxed and installed all of my CF dipped under hood pieces.

Couldn't be happier, with the way everything turned out.

Czech it out:

Bob

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Can go to Lowes or HD and get the foam or what is called Armaflex in either i/2 or 3/4 " thick. It has to be split and glued on. The foam cheaper stuff comes with the seams already with adhesive on it. Adhesive is Armstrong 520.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Waxed and installed all of my CF dipped under hood pieces.

Couldn't be happier, with the way everything turned out.

Czech it out:

Bob
Nice! I have the fuel rail covers, I want to get cf fuse and abs covers next

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Hot damn that’s nice.
Thanks! He's a one-man shop and takes great care with the cars he details and coats. It's our second ceramic coating through him - he coated my wife's Q3 in February (test mule for the Hellcat? :LOL:).

Wife drove the Hellcat alone for the first time on Thursday (hadn't even ridden in it yet). With the black key in Ecomode - she didn't like supercharger whine, said she drives with too much of a heavy foot and needs to drive with more finesse. Can't image her reaction with the red key in Sport or Track mode :oops:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Have em painted,, I did. I am taking mine very close to the mall. Going to BBB to purchase a new air/ uv light air per if fier. Got the upstairs light in the AHU and got the 2 machines, air per if fiers and filtration machines. Got 2 UV lights, seperate systems, working. That wood be 4 seperate ones down stairs and going to purchase another one. Keep 2 in the bed room and 3 in the living areas of the 1st floor. Be done with that. Got my 2008 cast modle 1/24 th scale Dodge Challenger SRT8 kit with 33 parts to put together. Laurie did such a good job on the last,,, sea if she wants to do this one.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
#99,,, you speak of your wife driving your H/C fer the 1st time. You know how lucky you and most that she will even get into the damn thang?? Don't know if I mentioned,, but last week I ran into a new H/C friend. Met him at the hospital,, where else?? I had a new green, not black not gray, but green and yellow. The colors of USF. University of South Florida, in Tampa. His wife want even get in his, much less go to the car show on Thursday. like this Thursday. Going to show mine. He is a doctor and is in his early 30's, married, and has a wife that will not step foot in his 2019 H/C. Hopefully I will see him on Thursday. Told him what I have done to mine not to void my warranty. He is very, very shy of not stepping on his dick when it comes in the gray areas of his warranty. I will break him loose of that crap. I did not spend the extra $$$ denaro's to blow it. I have even had it inspected by the factory 3 times cause of the fuel rails, fuel pumps, 2 each, converters, 3 times, CAI in and out 2 times, and kinda rebuild the engine 3 times. To have it mis fortuned by blowing the warranty by my stupid miss fortunes. He was agreat guy and so was Sun Coast Chrysler Jeep in Seminole. David the proclaimed Demon H/C service tech is one of the best in his field. My exfiancee, yes, #6, as soon as I signed the finance papers on the show room floor with the car they have never had. Or will again. With them I spent over $80,000 and alot more elser wheres. Laurie, whom is coming by after her work,,, she walked out and said engagement over. Our second time around and she left. We are not as of 1 still and that was awhile back. 3 to 4 years ago. Kicked me out of my new 4,200 sf on the water, brand spanking new town home. had to move 3 moe times before I got back into my ole stomping grounds,, here. Where I will be kicked out shortly. Neighbors are non con doo sive of the way I con con duct my life style. Time to move to Tenn or the likes for 6 months. Time to go. laurie's and I's last stand. Time to move and may beez go back to work,,, bored. But I go on SS in 4 months. That's all my concerns for the next hour. Time to work on the new car to scale and storms moving in off the gulf.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
#99,,, you speak of your wife driving your H/C fer the 1st time. You know how lucky you and most that she will even get into the damn thang?? Don't know if I mentioned,, but last week I ran into a new H/C friend. Met him at the hospital,, where else?? I had a new green, not black not gray, but green and yellow. The colors of USF. University of South Florida, in Tampa. His wife want even get in his, much less go to the car show on Thursday. like this Thursday. Going to show mine. He is a doctor and is in his early 30's, married, and has a wife that will not step foot in his 2019 H/C. Hopefully I will see him on Thursday. Told him what I have done to mine not to void my warranty. He is very, very shy of not stepping on his dick when it comes in the gray areas of his warranty. I will break him loose of that crap. I did not spend the extra $$$ denaro's to blow it. I have even had it inspected by the factory 3 times cause of the fuel rails, fuel pumps, 2 each, converters, 3 times, CAI in and out 2 times, and kinda rebuild the engine 3 times. To have it mis fortuned by blowing the warranty by my stupid miss fortunes. He was agreat guy and so was Sun Coast Chrysler Jeep in Seminole. David the proclaimed Demon H/C service tech is one of the best in his field. My exfiancee, yes, #6, as soon as I signed the finance papers on the show room floor with the car they have never had. Or will again. With them I spent over $80,000 and alot more elser wheres. Laurie, whom is coming by after her work,,, she walked out and said engagement over. Our second time around and she left. We are not as of 1 still and that was awhile back. 3 to 4 years ago. Kicked me out of my new 4,200 sf on the water, brand spanking new town home. had to move 3 moe times before I got back into my ole stomping grounds,, here. Where I will be kicked out shortly. Neighbors are non con doo sive of the way I con con duct my life style. Time to move to Tenn or the likes for 6 months. Time to go. laurie's and I's last stand. Time to move and may beez go back to work,,, bored. But I go on SS in 4 months. That's all my concerns for the next hour. Time to work on the new car to scale and storms moving in off the gulf.
Wife won't drive mine either. Doesn't like to go for a ride (car is too loud) and she doesn't like my driving. Somehow when she is in the car the gas pedal "surges" and she bumps her head on the head rest. This really bothers her. Wonder if this is something that warranty covers (hope not).

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You're kidding right? I can't believe she'd be so stab footed that it would lurch forward like that. Mine was ridiculously mild mannered except when I'd kick it in the slats.