Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Wasn’t what I was planning on doing today…but I did get to test out my fresh Mickey Thompsons and they felt great - forgot how much quicker the cat is with them! :)

Yeah, no car is real fast with a deck screw tire enhancement...

; )

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Thought the screw was for extra traction 🤔

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
CB8E6D0A-1A1D-4B67-AED6-136C3DBCCE9C.jpeg
Last couple of weeks. Former champ of the year under the covers.

Oil changed, front sway bar repacked, inner barrels of those wheels need substantial attention - aluminum unprotected, every suspension component checked and cleaned, total underside detail, DIRS and other connection bolts torque verified. Found one piping and brake line connection bracket buried deep up front behind the right heat deflector the dealer needs to put in place. Otherwise other than a quick oil change before my surgery, after they put a new engine in it, I have not been under the car for nearly eight months!! It looks good. It also has new calipers that look pretty, so I made the tires look good. Now on to rebuilding the GiroDisc (Demon Performance) front rotors, then it is ready. Ready for the street as pictured and configured. Change the brakes and add the Triumph wheels and Cup 2’s and she is ready to rumble. That is it. Don’t want to look at it yet, and have not started it since October. It remains on life support, and is in deep sleep. It was able to listen to rock and roll while I have been giving it attention. I may give it another coat of wax in a couple of weeks, go over the interior, but, we will see how things go.

The up to 14” of snow predicted is a little problem, so it will be sitting a while longer.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Going to the track on Sunday for some practice and data.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Made new mud flaps for the car. The paint show in the photo is a very close match to the spoiler and matte black trim pieces.

Attachments

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Made new mud flaps for the car. The paint show in the photo is a very close match to the spoiler and matte black trim pieces.

ABS?

What basis did you use for the mold?

Nice!

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Used 3mm ABS sheet for the base, cut on a cnc. Upper portion is ABS 1.75mm 3d printer filament. No mold was used, but glad to send my computer files (g-code files etc.)
ABS?

What basis did you use for the mold?

Nice!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Used 3mm ABS sheet for the base, cut on a cnc. Upper portion is ABS 1.75mm 3d printer filament. No mold was used, but glad to send my computer files (g-code files etc.)

Yes please!

What is the part that looks like a mold immediately to the right of the flat sheet, wood in color?

Did you somehow print ontop of that???

If so, that's a new technique for me, very confusing. Maybe I'm missing something.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Yes please!

What is the part that looks like a mold immediately to the right of the flat sheet, wood in color?

Did you somehow print ontop of that???

If so, that's a new technique for me, very confusing. Maybe I'm missing something.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
The part you are looking at is the printed part itself. The surface finish of a printed part is usually banded and so to get a good finish, I cover the part with a skim coat of bondo (giving it the light brown color) and sand it smooth. That's what you are seeing in the picture. Then the printed part is glued with epoxy to the abs base and the whole thing is again coated with bondo to hide the seams and is sanded smooth for paint. I've included the base flaps as pdf files, however the printed portions are .stl files and this site won't let me upload them. It takes a lot of work to make these, but I am glad to help anyway I can. Do you have an email address that will allow me to attach the needed files? If so drop me a line in my inbox and I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Ralph, Bull,
Glad to see ya might comers. I have been up for hours
and have started on my quest for finding the, Natarus hiding cell phone. Lost every other day. Now, indulging in a shine and a fruit smoothie. Make me take a nap in a few hours after veggie omlette. H/C today. Burnt the damn tires off this critter today. Now, Thursday, car show tonight. Got a wrench lit up on the dash?? Oil change?? Cars been in the shop for 9 weeks. Could be. Time fer olier change. 2 more warranty free ones. Good to sea the night gang up.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Washed
20220304_143350.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I know, the damn rotors are rusty.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Fitted the bedrug yesterday and the Bak Revolver cover. I was a bit late doing the cover and it started to go dark. All seemed good until I tried closing the tailgate after I’d put the cover on the rails, the weight had made them sag down. Undid the clamps and chocked the rails up with cardboard so I could shut the tailgate.

Today despite constant rain I went to look at the cover again as I can’t drive round with it half attached. All I can say is the quality is rubbish in comparison to the one I had on my 2019 Rebel and I don’t recommend buying one. Quality doesn’t seem half as good and the improved end caps had fallen off in the box

I fiddled with the rails for ages to try and get them to fit both square and flush, I really don’t think the step up on the ram bar was the cause. Closing the cover bends the rails inwards and makes shutting the tailgate difficult and I’ve tightened the clamps far in excess of what they recommend. I’ve already gouged the plastic top on the tailgate a little in the dark and I’m going to have to alter it again to avoid it continuing. It’s at least now useable so I’ll wait for another dry day.

I have a real concern though as I find it practically impossible to use the TRX at night as the headlights are so shit. I don’t know why they are so poor and if this is how they are I’m really not sure what I can do.

It’s a Canadian model with parking, headlights and auto - no off position. On any setting they look the same and don’t increase or decrease in brightness. The high beam behaves as you would expect and doesn’t come on when with parking lights so it’s understanding the switch.

If it was my Rebel I’d be sure they were on a reduced daytime running light brightness. I once had low light bother on the Rebel for a short distance until I realised someone had turned the headlights off and it seems the same.

Shame the dealer has gone on holiday, he’d normally have fitted the cover but it was on back order and arrived too late. He’ll definitely help with the lights too so will raise with him when he gets back.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I looked at mine and contemplated putting two car seats for my kids in it just so I could go drive it.

Funny story - was scheduled to go to Vegas and fly next week. I could tell my wife really needed a break, so I called my Mom (they get along great) and told her to come down for a shopping trip. Booked them two rooms in Park City and sent them out the door with my credit card. Take two days off work so I can watch the kids.

Get a call last night that there isn’t any money to fund my orders (pay me), so my trip to Vegas gets cancelled. Wife is still out shopping.

Going to be having a drink or two tonight haha.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I looked at mine and contemplated putting two car seats for my kids in it just so I could go drive it.

Funny story - was scheduled to go to Vegas and fly next week. I could tell my wife really needed a break, so I called my Mom (they get along great) and told her to come down for a shopping trip. Booked them two rooms in Park City and sent them out the door with my credit card. Take two days off work so I can watch the kids.

Get a call last night that there isn’t any money to fund my orders (pay me), so my trip to Vegas gets cancelled. Wife is still out shopping.

Going to be having a drink or two tonight haha.

Call her and tell her she has to take everything back, see how that goes for you...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
At some point, I'm going to be my own first customer and will have non-rusting rotors... :whistle:

:unsure:

:cool:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Call her and tell her she has to take everything back, see how that goes for you...
It’s just money in the bank right now (giving her the vacay), I’ll spend it when I need it haha…

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I know, the damn rotors are rusty.
Electronic rust proofing fixes the rusty rotors. Depends on how ocd you are I guess