Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@Hunter, oh you bet I've heard of them! They're definitely on the list, waiting to get a paper route so I can scrounge up the money for them! :ROFLMAO: Just the tint/PPF/vinyl wrapped hood and paint correction and ceramic is gonna run $4K-ish and I gotta get that knocked out so the paint doesn't get sand blasted, which is real easy when you literally live desert-front...!

FWIW I was reading on the other site where folks were saying that the magnets in the flares were rubbing through the paint which freaked me out a bit, I'm hoping with the PPF that wouldn't be an issue.

If I'm not allowed to link that thread, my apologies, I'll delete soonest.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/phillips-performance-flares-review.254503/
I don't take them on and off, so I don't know.
I put them on, to keep them on.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Exactly the same
When totally off the gas & want to slow down the car wants to keep on going
Not sure if there is a way to correct it
Drives me nuts
I m now in the habit if tossing it in neutral
"Sticky throttle cable...."

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Changed tires back to street mode. Went to the track the other night and best I could do was a 12.4 @118. It was in the 80’s and da just under 2000. Drag racing a 6speed is challenging to say the least. I’m going to go back in better da and switching back to the stock air box. The lmi is great for the street but sucks a lot of hot air at the track.
Unless I have a race I only go to the track in good DA. So spring and fall for the most part. DA is looking good for Friday with a high of 64 but there is no TNT being some big race is going on:(

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Ya I did a test I can’t remember the exact detail but I was faster with the stock box. Noticeable difference.
i loved lmi for the street tho
we were both more the .06 faster with stock airbox. Not much but goes to show on a stock hellcat and one with a pulley it is still better

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
we were both more the .06 faster with stock airbox. Not much but goes to show on a stock hellcat and one with a pulley it is still better
I'm thinking to try the stock box next, and after prob go with afe.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm try the stock box next, and after prob go with afe.
If you are going for sound or looks you can't go wrong with an aftermarket cai

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
If you are going for sound or looks you can't go wrong with an aftermarket cai
and performance and anything to keep that damn heat out! I want my cake and eat it too:LOL:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What's the other car in the picture?
You are asking me, what other car is in HIS pictures? Okay…. I see a Corvette front right quarter panel with a Z06 badge on it, if you can’t make it out yourself. Seems like a fundamental nice collection from our new member. Relevance with regard to the beautiful pictures of his new Hellcat, is????

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You are asking me, what other car is in HIS pictures? Okay…. I see a Corvette front right quarter panel with a Z06 badge on it, if you can’t make it out yourself. Seems like a fundamental nice collection from our new member. Relevance with regard to the beautiful pictures of his new Hellcat, is????
Images on my phone are sometimes hard to make out.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
...and just as I was finishing up the UPR oil catch can install, which tried as I might to drag it out for as long as possible took less than 5 minutes...FedEx dropped off my ZL1 Ad Ons order consisting of their side splitters and splash guards, so now I have something else to look forward to installing...and driving y'all nuts by constantly bumping this thread...:LOL:

UPR OCC.jpg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
...and just as I was finishing up the UPR oil catch can install, which tried as I might to drag it out for as long as possible took less than 5 minutes...FedEx dropped off my ZL1 Ad Ons order consisting of their side splitters and splash guards, so now I have something else to look forward to installing...and driving y'all nuts by constantly bumping this thread...:LOL:

View attachment 82736

Bump away!

NJ_Redeye

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Audubon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
I finished my tuning/logging setup

IMG_0305.jpeg

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Got a WHOPPING 133 miles on my odometer to date so I'm still slogging my way through the break in process...

I did get my ZL1 Ad Ons splash guards installed today which gave me something to do. Super straightforward and easy enough to knock out in very little time. I was more looking forward to getting their side splitters on but my neighbor's QuickJack hydraulic lines pooped the bed, which seems to be going around lately, and there's no way I'm getting those suckers installed without lifting it. He's waiting on a return call from their support/tech folks to get it fixed, it'll just give us something to do once it's fixed.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
My neighbor got his QuickJack up and running and helped me get it lifted...
Hellcat QuickJack.jpg
Got the ZL1 Add on side splitters on, the ONLY hiccup was one of the set screws went south on my so it's off to Ace Hardware to get a replacement...figures! IMO they fit perfectly.
Front:
ZL1 Add Ons front.jpg
Rear:
ZL1 Add Ons rear.jpg
The front brake air deflectors were sitting in the trunk so it was as good a time as any to get them installed:
Air Deflector Installed.jpg
^ The instructions were a little goofy but it looked like there was only one right way to do it, so I'm hoping from what I've seen and read this was it.

Was a lil concerned that the lug nuts weren't torqued to factory spec (110 I believe) as they came off too easy with my breaker bar, OR I could be exceptional strong...there's that too.

Figured I'd eyeball the oil filter and pan to see if there was any weeping, which I've read wasn't unusual. I had minimal oil on both the pan, the filter and the lines. I wiped it down and I'll keep an eye on it...
Factory oil filter.jpg Oil pan cover stain.jpg

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
I'm bumpin' TF outta this thread y'oh!

I figure with all the Last Call editions I can throw some vinyl on mine and make my own "Special Edition" although I don't think it'll make it worthy of a $25K+ ADM...

Orange Vinyl overlay 1.jpg
Orange Vinyl overlay 2.jpg
Orange Vinyl overlay 3.jpg
Orange Vinyl overlay 4.jpg
The orange is a VERY close match to the factory caliper color, and if it's close enough for my wife it's close enough for me! We experimented and bought the side badge overlay first to see if we liked it and once we gave it a looky-loo it got the thumbs up for the front and rear insignias..

I got them off of Amazon from Reflective Concepts (these particular overlays are NOT reflective, but they have tons of colors available, some of which are reflective and look cool at night when light hits them) after having used them for a F-body/Trans-Am project I found them to be high quality and exceptionally accurate in fit.

Some folks might think they're a little pricey for what they are but they are licensed MOPAR products and that isn't free. I thought the fit on the side badges was the best and near perfect; the front was slightly less 97% and the rear about 95%. The only "issue" I had was I had to lay the SRT letters on individually on the rear to get them to fit right which was hardly an inconvenience, just wanted to mention it to anyone who might likewise be interested in getting on my level...! :rolleyes::p:ROFLMAO:

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
I'm bumpin' TF outta this thread y'oh!

I figure with all the Last Call editions I can throw some vinyl on mine and make my own "Special Edition" although I don't think it'll make it worthy of a $25K+ ADM...

View attachment 83549
View attachment 83550
View attachment 83551
View attachment 83552
The orange is a VERY close match to the factory caliper color, and if it's close enough for my wife it's close enough for me! We experimented and bought the side badge overlay first to see if we liked it and once we gave it a looky-loo it got the thumbs up for the front and rear insignias..

I got them off of Amazon from Reflective Concepts (these particular overlays are NOT reflective, but they have tons of colors available, some of which are reflective and look cool at night when light hits them) after having used them for a F-body/Trans-Am project I found them to be high quality and exceptionally accurate in fit.

Some folks might think they're a little pricey for what they are but they are licensed MOPAR products and that isn't free. I thought the fit on the side badges was the best and near perfect; the front was slightly less 97% and the rear about 95%. The only "issue" I had was I had to lay the SRT letters on individually on the rear to get them to fit right which was hardly an inconvenience, just wanted to mention it to anyone who might likewise be interested in getting on my level...! :rolleyes::p
I like it, but I don't think the suspension lift is going to go over, with this crowd

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Doing the Barton shifter spring mod thanks to an excellent wiki write-up by @BULL .

Hitting Watkins Glen for 2 track days in a couple of weeks (assuming it ain't snowing by then), and had nightmares about being in the top of forth, and doing a 'money shift' into third instead of fifth.

Going to tilt it a bit towards the left to help minimize the issue as well.

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat

View attachment 82736
My driver side rear ZL1 rock (splash) guards clips won’t fit. And my guards came with both the large and small clips. It’s like they’re too thick. I can barely fit my finger nail where the clip goes (clips) in the inner fender. Any ideas guys?

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
My neighbor got his QuickJack up and running and helped me get it lifted...
View attachment 83284
Got the ZL1 Add on side splitters on, the ONLY hiccup was one of the set screws went south on my so it's off to Ace Hardware to get a replacement...figures! IMO they fit perfectly.
Front:
View attachment 83285
Rear:
View attachment 83286
The front brake air deflectors were sitting in the trunk so it was as good a time as any to get them installed:
View attachment 83287
^ The instructions were a little goofy but it looked like there was only one right way to do it, so I'm hoping from what I've seen and read this was it.

Was a lil concerned that the lug nuts weren't torqued to factory spec (110 I believe) as they came off too easy with my breaker bar, OR I could be exceptional strong...there's that too.

Figured I'd eyeball the oil filter and pan to see if there was any weeping, which I've read wasn't unusual. I had minimal oil on both the pan, the filter and the lines. I wiped it down and I'll keep an eye on it...
View attachment 83289 View attachment 83290
Factory installed oil filters are really over-tightened from the factory. You need that 3 prong looking oil filter wrench to get it off. I dented my oil filter trying to get it off. Lol. Still got it off, that’s all that matters. 09B209CC-C1D0-4129-AE5E-339D079E5E85.jpeg

Last edited:

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
My driver side rear ZL1 rock (splash) guards clips won’t fit. And my guards came with both the large and small clips. It’s like they’re too thick. I can barely fit my finger nail where the clip goes (clips) in the inner fender. Any ideas guys?
Standard body, correct?

I used this guy's video to help me out...