Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
@vortecd is that all you did today 😂

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Changed a tune today. The great track tune needs to be downgraded for a more street and gas friendly version. That works great!

What is not fine is that damn aftermarket suspension controller. It bricked just like last spring. You can feel it quick, because the car rides like a truck with the most firm shocks you can buy. There is a small hint of what is coming as the error service active damping control comes in also. I am sending this lame shit back to DiabloSport. Next spring I’ll spend the extra few hundred and get the one that plugs into the computer direct from DSC after I PERSONALLY talk with that owner and he tells me why this shit has happened more than once and he gives me a warranty that supports his opinion. Otherwise I’ll continue to tell the world about this. Either the hardware/software change that DS does is fucked or the whole item just is not appropriate for our platform and has too sensitive electronics inside.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Changed a tune today. The great track tune needs to be downgraded for a more street and gas friendly version. That works great!

What is not fine is that damn aftermarket suspension controller. It bricked just like last spring. You can feel it quick, because the car rides like a truck with the most firm shocks you can buy. There is a small hint of what is coming as the error service active damping control comes in also. I am sending this lame shit back to DiabloSport. Next spring I’ll spend the extra few hundred and get the one that plugs into the computer direct from DSC after I PERSONALLY talk with that owner and he tells me why this shit has happened more than once and he gives me a warranty that supports his opinion. Otherwise I’ll continue to tell the world about this. Either the hardware/software change that DS does is fucked or the whole item just is not appropriate for our platform and has too sensitive electronics inside.
I was going to ask you about this. I just put mine in and while it doesn't nose dive during braking, the rest of the time it rides pretty rough, whether I'm in street, sport or track. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I was going to ask you about this. I just put mine in and while it doesn't nose dive during braking, the rest of the time it rides pretty rough, whether I'm in street, sport or track. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
Mine has some odd behavior as well. If I try going directly from Street (default) to Track, it throws up the Yellow Triangle / Exclamation point and something along the lines of 'Go Pound Sand'. Then only way to get it to go away is to shut off the car, and leave it off for a few minutes.

But if you go from Street to Sport...leave it sit for a few seconds...THEN go from Sport to Track, it works fine.

Weird thing is, it seems like once you do the above and have it in Track with no errors, you can then do whatever you want without issues. Till you shut the car off. Then have to take the long way thru Sport again...,

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine has some odd behavior as well. If I try going directly from Street (default) to Track, it throws up the Yellow Triangle / Exclamation point and something along the lines of 'Go Pound Sand'. Then only way to get it to go away is to shut off the car, and leave it off for a few minutes.

But if you go from Street to Sport...leave it sit for a few seconds...THEN go from Sport to Track, it works fine.

Weird thing is, it seems like once you do the above and have it in Track with no errors, you can then do whatever you want without issues. Till you shut the car off. Then have to take the long way thru Sport again...,

Interesting. I didn't get a yellow warning. The car just rides like a buckboard (to quote my dad when the shop put the wrong shock absorbers on our 1980 Datsun 510 :ROFLMAO:)

I only have about 25 miles on the controller before the computer was taken out for an unlock. I'll get some more miles on it and give it a bit more time.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
My younger daughter was visiting from Sandy Eggo and it was the first time she saw the Hellcat. We didn’t tell her either since surprises like this are a family tradition…

We went for an obligatory ride and pulling into the neighborhood I ran into one of my neighbors and as we start chatting, Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (duh?!) was near blasting from my garbage HK stereo; he points and says “did that song literally just come on the radio?!” to which I replied, “did you mean instead of radio my Spotify Hellcat playlist” to which he howled and fist bumped, which my daughter thought was both typical and hilarious…

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My younger daughter was visiting from Sandy Eggo and it was the first time she saw the Hellcat. We didn’t tell her either since surprises like this are a family tradition…

We went for an obligatory ride and pulling into the neighborhood I ran into one of my neighbors and as we start chatting, Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (duh?!) was near blasting from my garbage HK stereo; he points and says “did that song literally just come on the radio?!” to which I replied, “did you mean instead of radio my Spotify Hellcat playlist” to which he howled and fist bumped, which my daughter thought was both typical and hilarious…

Got grandkids?

Don't give them rides!

A week later your daughter will ask why your grandkids won't stop talking about how you were "speeding in the race car"...

:LOL:

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Got grandkids?

Don't give them rides!

A week later your daughter will ask why your grandkids won't stop talking about how you were "speeding in the race car"...

:LOL:
Not yet...but both of my daughters are gearheads having grown in a home surrounded by crazy convenyances of the 2 and 4 wheel variety...I had to pry her butt out of a brand new C6 Z06 years ago as she was lecturing me that it was the perfect first car for a newly licensed young lady...lil shite!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You may want to check if it IS working correctly. When they don’t work, the shocks go to extra firm (like you describe). Mine seemed to do that off and on last week. Then after a flipped the tune, I saw the dreaded “service active control damping system” or whatever and sure as hell it is not riding right.

When it does work right the default (street) setting does give a very smooth ride. Hell now I don’t know if it was even working correct at the track last week that I think about it. I am going to speak with DS next week and ask why this has happened twice now. I need to know if it is related to their proprietary changes to the unit or what. Then I will contact DCS and speak with them. I really like it when it works, but I don’t need a $1,000 paperweight.

I am going to try to disconnect the battery for a hard reset tomorrow and see if that solves it. Because otherwise this is just not good at all.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Interesting. I didn't get a yellow warning. The car just rides like a buckboard (to quote my dad when the shop put the wrong shock absorbers on our 1980 Datsun 510 :ROFLMAO:)

I only have about 25 miles on the controller before the computer was taken out for an unlock. I'll get some more miles on it and give it a bit more time.
Yours is not working right either, reading your complaint twice sounds bad.

Damn I hope an unlocked PCM and our changes are not causing a failure. Because I sure would NOT want to jerk or out and in every time I hook up the magic OBD device.

@Diboblo @jonx96 what do you think? Could the gateway device hooked into the bus or writing the PCM cause a signal to brick the aftermarket suspension controller for some reason?

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Damn I hope an unlocked PCM and our changes are not causing a failure. Because I sure would NOT want to jerk or out and in every time I hook up the magic OBD device.

@Diboblo @jonx96 what do you think? Could the gateway device hooked into the bus or writing the PCM cause a signal to brick the aftermarket suspension controller for some reason?
I have the stock PCM, and haven't had the buckboard issues you both are having...so there may be something to that....

Mine has just had it's odd quirk since day 1...

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!

I'm wondering if new tunes don't read inputs, from the suspension controller properly... like, the tune sees the input, but doesn't know how to parse it.

That would be an issue, for sure.

Any input from those with controllers and no tune? Same issues?

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm wondering if new tunes don't read inputs, from the suspension controller properly... like, the tune sees the input, but doesn't know how to parse it.

Mine bricked last winter, everything was still stock. They blamed the trickle charger. That is why I want a damn explanation now. $1000 problems!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Tomorrow when I get home I’ll power it down for an hour or so and see if a hard reset helps. If not, I am jerking it out for now.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Mine bricked last winter, everything was still stock. They blamed the trickle charger. That is why I want a damn explanation now. $1000 problems!
Sounds like HAL9000 doesn't like it.

Where does it input to? The PCM, directly?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sounds like HAL9000 doesn't like it.

Where does it input to? The PCM, directly?

It is a entire replacement for the suspension control module that physically resides on the left side of the trunk. About the size of the PCM connected with a couple of big couplers and it looks like dozens of wires from all the suspension sensors and of course the shocks are tied into. It has to be tied into the PCM. Where does the diagnostic codes originate from?They make them for various other manufacturers like Porsche and Chevrolet, Ford, Audi. BUT, DiabloSport has taken the DSC product, discounted it $300-400 now, did proprietary programming, and will NOT allow custom tuning as they do with the more expensive units sold direct from the MF’er. Can’t even plug it in and do something like re-initialize or recover it either, and that is bullshit now that mine has crapped out twice this year. I was watching one of my videos and hear some noises when I was just off track over some bumps, which at the time I did not hear which indicate it must have been riding like a brick then also. Maybe it got too cold :LOL:

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle

One thing - My PCM wasn't unlocked then, that just happened and just got it back this week and installed last night. So, this all happened on the stock and locked PCM. My battery was unhooked for over a week while the PCM was out of the car. Hopefully, I'll get the car out of the garage after lunch today for a drive. Guess I'll find out later today and report back. But - it sounds like I'll be giving DS a call.