Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What happened to the Chief Donut Maker?????

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Totally agree. However that is not the way of the corporate world.
There are those in this world who accomplish feats no matter what the opposition is and then there are those who stick their finger in the wind to see which way it is blowing so they can shape their agendas to fit the majority of opinion.
Or minority and it’s called pandering.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
thats what happens when you select based on filling a demographic or box checking vs knowledge and experience. see also president, vice president, and latest SC justice selection.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Some of us were spoiled. I was lucky to have shoes in high school.😠
I worked cutting grass, working on farms and pumping gas to pay for it.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I discharged from the Army in 1967 and bought a new '67 Dart. Never looked back. Each Mopar I bought from that time was more hp and faster until my last one that is '21 Hellcat. Might change my middle name to Mopar some day.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Yes I wanted to YouTube him and ask him some critical questions and see what he would say but the NHRA interview just confirmed what I knew. And yeh I ain’t no fan of this guy. And the reason I posted was the Shit Show we witnessed is on going or should I say the NO SHOW.
No show? Listen I'm not going to advocate for the guy as I don't think the competition had anything relevant to do with who loves mopars more but hey this is the Chief Donut Maker we have so work with it. He has been at the events. He's there right now covereing Bandemire this weekend.

1658071490067.png

And he goes to small events as well. He is not obligated to travel to every event.

Also this is Dodge's doing...
  1. Grand Prize (1): The grand prize is $150,000 salary for winner for one (1) calendar year, Dodge branded clothing (up to $3,000), the title of “Chief Donut Maker” for one (1) calendar year (see details below), travel as the “Chief Donut Maker” for one (1) year (details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and a Dodge company car on loan for one (1) year (“Grand Prize”). The vehicle make and model specifications will be determined by Sponsor, at its sole discretion. Winner may either have the car delivered to his/her home or take delivery of the vehicle at a dealership selected by Sponsor based on proximity to winner’s residence. The winner must sign a Stellantis Vehicle Usage Agreement for the twelve (12) month loan. The vehicle title will remain in Stellantis’s name. The winner must present his or her valid driver’s license and provide satisfactory proof of liability insurance prior to the delivery of the vehicle. The prize vehicle details and availability are subject to change. Only one (1) Grand Prize will be available in the Contest. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $214,409.
    “Chief Donut Maker” Title: Includes the winner’s commitment to travel (within the fifty [50] Untied States and District of Columbia) for the calendar year winner has the “Chief Donut Maker” title. The winner will be required to attend up to fifteen (15) Dodge events during the calendar year. Number of events and details of events determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not a fan. Does not know the product.

Maybe he's studying up on evs?

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #67
No show? Listen I'm not going to advocate for the guy as I don't think the competition had anything relevant to do with who loves mopars more but hey this is the Chief Donut Maker we have so work with it. He has been at the events. He's there right now covereing Bandemire this weekend.

View attachment 75972

And he goes to small events as well. He is not obligated to travel to every event.

1. Grand Prize (1): The grand prize is $150,000 salary for winner for one (1) calendar year, Dodge branded clothing (up to $3,000), the title of “Chief Donut Maker” for one (1) calendar year (see details below), travel as the “Chief Donut Maker” for one (1) year (details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and a Dodge company car on loan for one (1) year (“Grand Prize”). The vehicle make and model specifications will be determined by Sponsor, at its sole discretion. Winner may either have the car delivered to his/her home or take delivery of the vehicle at a dealership selected by Sponsor based on proximity to winner’s residence. The winner must sign a Stellantis Vehicle Usage Agreement for the twelve (12) month loan. The vehicle title will remain in Stellantis’s name. The winner must present his or her valid driver’s license and provide satisfactory proof of liability insurance prior to the delivery of the vehicle. The prize vehicle details and availability are subject to change. Only one (1) Grand Prize will be available in the Contest. The ARV of the Grand Prize is $214,409.
    “Chief Donut Maker” Title: Includes the winner’s commitment to travel (within the fifty [50] Untied States and District of Columbia) for the calendar year winner has the “Chief Donut Maker” title. The winner will be required to attend up to fifteen (15) Dodge events during the calendar year. Number of events and details of events determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Good to hear and thanks for sharing I started this post how long ago😂. Yeh I get it and no HATE from me that’s not how I operate. But at the same time you gotta be proficient if your gonna be the Chief Donut Maker😎

Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Perhaps there will be another call for Chief Donut Maker 2023 🤔

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Perhaps there will be another call for Chief Donut Maker 2023 🤔
Chief Battery Charger

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle

View attachment 75972

I do not have to accept or work with it. It is not acceptable for me. I will not comply!!!

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The whole Chief Donut Maker thing could have been great for Mopar and all it's loyal fans (i.e. us) !! But like everything woke it has turned into another pile of stinking shit. Only difference with this is it went south right out of the gate. When I saw they picked this clown over Speedy, I 110% lost interest in the whole thing.

Ditto the Direct Connect upgrade deal. So it won't pass CARB - well fuck them, they can suck it - why does the rest of the entire country have to be help hostage to their regs ? Just don't market or offer it for sale in Commiefornia - WTF ??

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The whole Chief Donut Maker thing could have been great for Mopar and all it's loyal fans (i.e. us) !! But like everything woke it has turned into another pile of stinking shit. Only difference with this is it went south right out of the gate. When I saw they picked this clown over Speedy, I 110% lost interest in the whole thing.

Ditto the Direct Connect upgrade deal. So it won't pass CARB - well fuck them, they can suck it - why does the rest of the entire country have to be help hostage to their regs ? Just don't market or offer it for sale in Commiefornia - WTF ??
To hell with them, DC and Stage Kits. I went with @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC and an HP tune for the Redeye. Next we're taking the Redeye to E85 with no regrets. Perhaps we will get an opportunity to match up with the next Hellcat variant if you can find one not covered and protected in a luxury garage pending the next BJ auction.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
He was the honorary starter this weekend at Bandimere (Dodge/Mopar is the long time sponsor of this national event). They interviewed him in pre-race ceremonies this morning and if I heard him correctly, he said this was his first drag race...WTF. Yea, Chief Something Maker :mad:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
$150k salary for a year, a car on loan for a year, must make 15 appearances at events...so after taxes and they take the car back...people wanted to win this?
i think they pay for travel...big time sink tho

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
that article said absolutely nothing. sad since there were some legit finalists (speedy included of course). i doubt he even knows how a blower works. that said, he sure can blow some hot air!

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
that article said absolutely nothing. sad since there were some legit finalists (speedy included of course) i doubt he even knows how a blower works. that said, he sure can blow some hot air!
Well they are trying to create a clueless customer base so it all fits together.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
He was the honorary starter this weekend at Bandimere (Dodge/Mopar is the long time sponsor of this national event). They interviewed him in pre-race ceremonies this morning and if I heard him correctly, he said this was his first drag race...WTF. Yea, Chief Something Maker :mad:
Maybe 1st NHRA race? He was at one of the MSHS this year

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well they are trying to create a clueless customer base so it all fits together.
Hey who you calling clueless:unsure:

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I was at Carlisle this weekend and even though many people don't go there I have met some great die hard Mopar crazies. If you talk to the right people who bring their cars you find the real reasons why there are so many down-to-earth gearheads in the world. I talked to a man from St Louis who drove his 1969 Dart 340 Swinger all the way. The number of wonderful people who go are not necessarily the big name or corporate minions but the dedicated masses who build their own and work on their own and drive the hell out of them. I passed numerous older Mopars on the turnpike, all on the way to Carlisle. If you dig down at any cruise or show you go to there are thousands of people that just don't give a damn about the Chief Doughnut Maker or who he is or what corporate event he appears at.
I understand it's a PR thing with the company but the true Mopar crowd would appreciate a spokesperson like Speedy, who speaks their language, than someone who fits their preconceived corporate criteria.
And that's all I have to say about that!