Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What really is "STOCK"????

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I know the term stock is VERY flexible for some Demon owners.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I think stock is how you bought it from the dealership. Anything added or extras not from the dealership is a "mod".

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
@Linda's Hell Cat OMG you totally missed the theme of this thread.

Or you gave a typically bad Match Game answer that made the contestant want to throttle one of the celebrities.
No Way! Weird Harry Never Changes his Shoes / Stock Tires..........Always wears the same thing / No dressed up engine .......Hasn't had any knee or hip surgery / No upgraded suspension No heart surgery / No engine upgrades............see I Match game was on TV after school when I was growing up :)

Linda :)

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Go for it ! You will survive the 1/4 mile isn't that long!:)

The OP was just asking but the rules for racing do not always match ......aka off the Show room floor.

I just thought Weird Harry was so weird he'd probably take a wiz in his fule tank thinking he's adding octane :ROFLMAO:

Linda :)

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
I don't consider tires modding. No car can perform the way it can from the factory without an appropriate tire to get its power to the ground

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The stuff you buy in abox that says vegetable stock.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
In stock form my cat gets its ass kicked at every light
An old man on an ebike beat me thru the intersection

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Stock is stock as factory delivered. Period. Did you order your Demon all fat and stupid just to realize your "friend's" cloth interior single-seater is better at your private racing ass-grab mouth hugging parties - just to start stripping it down? Too bad genius, you fucked yourself.

Claiming stock? Prove it and show me your build sheet - we know you have it in the glovebox because you like to pull it out at the local Cars and Bullshitters.

Change a tire or wheel and it isn't stock. Oh you wanna talk NHRA/IHRA/NMCA/YMCA rule interpretations? Go cry to your Mama.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Stock is stock as factory delivered. Period. Did you order your Demon all fat and stupid just to realize your "friend's" cloth interior single-seater is better at your private racing ass-grab mouth hugging parties - just to start stripping it down? Too bad genius, you fucked yourself.

Claiming stock? Prove it and show me your build sheet - we know you have it in the glovebox because you like to pull it out at the local Cars and Bullshitters.

Change a tire or wheel and it isn't stock. Oh you wanna talk NHRA/IHRA/NMCA/YMCA rule interpretations? Go cry to your Mama.
I m getting mixed signals here LOL

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Stock is not painting your engine. But the rest is. It's the but that get's ya.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
I m getting mixed signals here LOL
When you see the discussion on FB you really have to wonder how much of people's lives they leave open to interpretation?

It mostly sounds like "am I gay if I have sexual intercourse with other men"? The next thing you know you've got a debate about "tip depth" and "top or bottom" and the "amount of men in the room". Etc. Etc.

Somebody needs to take a definitive and objective stand on the matter of what stock is, and stop trying to give eachother a reassuring reach-around supporting their individual definitions and agendas. FWIW, it is okay to be non-stock in the same way it is okay to admitting to being gay. Just be honest with yourself and others around you.

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
With the power levels of cars currently, "stock with a tire" is about the same as stock to me. To me it's way more about whether the stock tune is still on the engine with minimal or no bolt-ons or not.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
With the power levels of cars currently, "stock with a tire" is about the same as stock to me. To me it's way more about whether the stock tune is still on the engine with minimal or no bolt-ons or not.
Technically still stock:

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
When you see the discussion on FB you really have to wonder how much of people's lives they leave open to interpretation?

It mostly sounds like "am I gay if I have sexual intercourse with other men"? The next thing you know you've got a debate about "tip depth" and "top or bottom" and the "amount of men in the room". Etc. Etc.

Somebody needs to take a definitive and objective stand on the matter of what stock is, and stop trying to give eachother a reassuring reach-around supporting their individual definitions and agendas. FWIW, it is okay to be non-stock in the same way it is okay to admitting to being gay. Just be honest with yourself and others around you.
The Navy's version of that - "It's not gay if you're underway"

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
The Navy's version of that - "It's not gay if you're underway"

Demon owners are liars.

OP
H

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Thread Starter #36

So is this your way of telling us.....you're gay????

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My car is heavily modded: as delivered from FCA....with a catch can. OH, and a USB drive full of music.

OP
H

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Thread Starter #39

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150

Ok....I confess.......I don't think my car's gay (it's ok if it is).......but since it has a few mods, maybe it's "trans-stock".