Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What would you do?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I am more attracted by attitude than looks these days....
That makes you an ex yay-hoo. 😁

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I'm sorry Linda but your reply does not count because you're too sweet of a person to be in this thread.;)
Thank you Tape for the kind words.
My husband John known as "Top Cat" taught me how to drive. When the forums asked do you let your wife drive your car his answer was absolutely ! I can drive a manual too......he taught me!
John had been working on getting his license to haul a 4 place trailer.
He said to me.....once I get mine your are getting yours.....lol I'm ok hauling a trailer but I dont have the finesse and I will ask for help. Now backing out that little car would have been easy! ;)

Take Care
Linda :)

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Something doesn’t look right in that photo @Tape? If she was just getting in her car when you pulled in, why are you so close to her car and not pulled in straight? It looks like your purposely turned your front end to the right and somewhat blocking her little car? If I was just pulling in, I would have waited for her to move so that I could pull up to the first pump and leave the pump open behind me. If anyone pulls up to her empty pump while you are filling up, they are going to have to get pretty close to you and block you. Otherwise, it almost looks like you are tying up two pumps once she leaves. If I was not already sticking the gas hose in my car, I would have moved my car since she asked.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #24
Something doesn’t look right in that photo @Tape? If she was just getting in her car when you pulled in, why are you so close to her car and not pulled in straight? It looks like your purposely turned your front end to the right and somewhat blocking her little car? If I was just pulling in, I would have waited for her to move so that I could pull up to the first pump and leave the pump open behind me. If anyone pulls up to her empty pump while you are filling up, they are going to have to get pretty close to you and block you. Otherwise, it almost looks like you are tying up two pumps once she leaves. If I was not already sticking the gas hose in my car, I would have moved my car since she asked.

The reason I pulled in the way I did is so our cars wouldn't be kissing bumpers.

That's typically what happens when you pull into fuel pumps face-to-face but it's not a one-way fuel pump either.

If someone did that to me I would without thinking back up and pull away.

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Sorry but if i was just getting in my car to leave and you pulled in like that and blocked me, I would be like WTF?

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I would simply back up, then drive off, not giving it a second thought. Even if on my motorcycle, just use my feet and push the bike back a little, then ride away. Makes me wonder if she was drunk or on drugs so bad, she couldn't even mentally process the tiniest thing. Just last month while gassing up, the car in front of me finished up, and drove off. The next car pulled around me, then backed in to use the pump in front of me. I didn't feel blocked in at all, when i finished up, I backed up some, then drive around that car and left. Last thing on my mind was feeling trapped, or wondering how to get out. Was in my Ram pickup, reverse works just fine in it, not like the transmission is shot, and it won't back up or something.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I just completed an entire week of positive exchanges while traveling no matter what. Decided to put an attitude hat on, but this time it was a good one. Others came around quickly and it was fun. I actually, have a couple of pretty amazing stories, but they all are good ones.

I don’t know why some people don’t pull ahead to the front pumps at a station. But if it was me, I would have calmly suggested reverse to her. If reverse did not work, then she could have been sitting for a while waiting, because along with this good attitude, my zero tolerance for some bullshit and my patience skills did not improve.

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #28
Sorry but if i was just getting in my car to leave and you pulled in like that and blocked me, I would be like WTF?
She's not blocked in, if she had no way out I would've gladly move out of her way but I don't deal with stupid very well.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
As I was pulling in the person in the blue car was getting in their car. She was motioning me to move out of her way so she could leave.

View attachment 50293

Would you get back in your car, started it up & back up a few feet or What would you do?
I would call in an airstrike, but that's just me.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I can’t believe that none of us yay-hoos have asked if she was cute.
Is she cute? I'm a yahoo.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
I'd chuckle and continue to pump my gas as the circus event unfolds :LOL:

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I would have said HOLD ON I m filling up peoples gas tanks and your next😁. Dont move😂

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
[QUOTE="Mike L., post: 199227, member: 992". Problem is; women cannot turn their heads to back up.[/QUOTE]

I think they can, but that doesn't mean they want to. I can, but never do, since all my vehicles have at least two mirrors. No need to turn my head.

Anyway, ended up in a somewhat more complex situation last week when having to get fuel to avoid a limp-mode situation with the Ram 3500.
Crowded gas station, but I managed to get the cab and chassis (longer wheelbase than a pickup) next to a diesel pump.

It was far from ideal since I'd turned a hard left and the 32-foot deck gooseneck was at about a 30 degree angle behind me. And it darn near blocked traffic from going by between it and the storefront.

As I was filling the tanks I wondered how I'd get out. Forward was obviously out of the question, and a lady had parked in the trajectory, preventing me from simply backing out with the same steering angle as I had entered with.
Making it more interesting, another lady had pulled in next to me, so there was really no wiggle room for the 3500, either.

Oh well, did the best I could to nearly jackknife the trailer, which apparently scared the crap out of the lady sitting in the car next to me. Yes, she was done and could've driven or backed out, but didn't.
Not until I had backed out from my spot, then she finally left. That gave me enough room to drive out between the pumps, making a U-turn, instead of backing out on the road.

Oh, and for those with a Ram diesel, when/if you do get the dreaded 150-mile countdown to being limited to 5 mph, as long as you don't turn the engine off, idle for a long time, or get fuel, it won't go into limp mode.
I successfully finished the remaining 400 miles of the trip.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
As I was pulling in the person in the blue car was getting in their car. She was motioning me to move out of her way so she could leave.

View attachment 50293

Would you get back in your car, started it up & back up a few feet or What would you do?
I'm more curious about the picture? You made her wait while filling up and even took a picture before moving.

Damn @Tape :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
If she said "Excuse me, would you mind backing up so I can get out because..." I would have moved. If she's frantically waving at me and telling me to move, I don't. I firmly believe you treat people the way you want to be treated so when someone acts like an a-hole it tells me they want to be treated like an a-hole.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If she said "Excuse me, would you mind backing up so I can get out because..." I would have moved. If she's frantically waving at me and telling me to move, I don't. I firmly believe you treat people the way you want to be treated so when someone acts like an a-hole it tells me they want to be treated like an a-hole.
Well, she did drive a 4-door. How happy could she possibly be?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Well, she's driving a 4-door and has deliveries to be made. These 4 door owners need extra money to be able to afford those things. I tell ya the life of a Taxi driver I'll pass and drive a 2 door.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Don't even give @Jimmy N. the satisfaction of a reply :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:. He got me on that one...I got nothing :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I can’t believe that none of us yay-hoos have asked if she was cute.
Wimp

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #40
So as she motioned reaching under her carseat with her chin up against the steering wheel I slowly took my index finger and thumb and slowly lifted the 3 o'clock position of my shirt and exposed the reality to her and I nodded "yeah that's right". I saw instant fear in her eyes and she sat there quietly until I was gone.