Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

When we see the new electric chargers?

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
add an odor generator [customixable based on the owner's diet] and make that fartzonic exhaust a true real ass et

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #22
Hoping they make a hybrid srt

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Hoping they make a hybrid srt
Since they're now using engineering via the lowest bidder method, I can't trust that anything will work correctly.

OP
covidcommander

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Thread Starter #24
Since they're now using engineering via the lowest bidder method, I can't trust that anything will work correctly.
Yeah, but just to have that technology accessible. Can't wait to see the new electric chargers with a hellcat swap. Someone will figure out how to get it to work. That's about the only hope I have for the future of dodge hotrodding. 🤷‍♂️

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Yeah, but just to have that technology accessible. Can't wait to see the new electric chargers with a hellcat swap. Someone will figure out how to get it to work. That's about the only hope I have for the future of dodge hotrodding. 🤷‍♂️
Won’t be possible…

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Won’t be possible…
Why not? They're supposed to be built to handle both ice and electric.

I've seen quite a few Teslas with ice swaps. Like this one.
20240201_191623.jpg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
In the current political environment Dodge had no choice but to go this way so I don't blame them for doing it. Should something happen to my 2015 HC, I will probably just buy a new truck and finish restoring or buy a restored late '60s muscle car for pleasure driving.
They did have a choice. They picked to keep marching on.

They could have developed a small EV or Ram EV that would have carried their CAFE numbers and prevented credit buying.
Sadly.

Not sure what to expect when the race car guys are gone.

I know Kia hired BMW guys to design their Stinger and that car is a hoot to drive for the money. Just didn't go over well for whatever reason.
Going to be hard to sell a muscle car that lacks a V8.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
That is hot rodding.

We just have to go back and do shit ourselves. Which, I believe is why Dodge brought back Direct Connection. The Demon 170 is the finished product of the parts you can buy from DC and modify your Challenger with.
Notice how Timmy wasn't too concerned about parts not being available to other cars. In fact, he embraced it when he mentioned "guys who want to build their cars"

I think Dodge is counting sales of crates etc moving forward. Will they offer up a Charger with a Hellephant swap? I think they will.
But that depends on the marketing budget.

The Jeeps that rolled out for the Easter Safari were all modified new Jeeps. No restomods for the first time in awhile.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That is hot rodding.

We just have to go back and do shit ourselves. Which, I believe is why Dodge brought back Direct Connection. The Demon 170 is the finished product of the parts you can buy from DC and modify your Challenger with.
Notice how Timmy wasn't too concerned about parts not being available to other cars. In fact, he embraced it when he mentioned "guys who want to build their cars"

I think Dodge is counting sales of crates etc moving forward. Will they offer up a Charger with a Hellephant swap? I think they will.
But that depends on the marketing budget.

The Jeeps that rolled out for the Easter Safari were all modified new Jeeps. No restomods for the first time in awhile.
Easter safari?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Won’t be possible…
I agree, it won't be possible to build a HC because the aftermarket just can't coordinate all software that makes these overpowered cars so stupid easy to drive. I have spun lots of cars that didn't have half the power these have. You can build a high hp car with parts, but it will not be humanly possible to utilize that power. We have been spoiled, and that's a good thing! :)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I agree, it won't be possible to build a HC because the aftermarket just can't coordinate all software that makes these overpowered cars so stupid easy to drive. I have spun lots of cars that didn't have half the power these have. You can build a high hp car with parts, but it will not be humanly possible to utilize that power. We have been spoiled, and that's a good thing! :)
The software is already out there from a few different manufacturers. Mainly race use but you can put it a street tune.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
The software is already out there from a few different manufacturers. Mainly race use but you can put it a street tune.
Yes, there is plenty of well developed engine tune software, but the car is much more than that. The stability control is HUGE. And is is dependent on many subtle things such as vehicle weight, balance, traction, HP and a lot more. Factory developers can assess each factor and have a software package that is almost custom to each car config. (Some assumptions on my part here.)

I am not expert in any of this, but I believe the reason that many modded cars become beasts is because they out-hp the stability control program for the car.

I’d like to hear the experts chime in! :)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yes, there is plenty of well developed engine tune software, but the car is much more than that. The stability control is HUGE. And is is dependent on many subtle things such as vehicle weight, balance, traction, HP and a lot more. Factory developers can assess each factor and have a software package that is almost custom to each car config. (Some assumptions on my part here.)

I am not expert in any of this, but I believe the reason that many modded cars become beasts is because they out-hp the stability control program for the car.

I’d like to hear the experts chime in! :)
That's the chassis computer. Swaps usually use existing or they don't run one because the car isn't equipped with it.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
If there were one across the street now, I'd still be sitting here.
I do agree (for the most part). I am intrigued by the design and I would be curious to see if it's interesting in person, but I will not buy one. I bought the Hellcat in a large part because of the HemiCuda. I always lusted after a powerful manual shifted musclecar, and that was when powerful was 400hp. Along came the Hellcat and the stars aligned (money and opportunity) at the same time and I became the owner of not a 400hp muscle car, but a 707hp monster that has a whine thats music to my ears.
There is no way that the EV Charger can ever compare to the thrill being behind the wheel of my Hellcat - its not just the acceleration its the whole package - the banging gears, the whining supercharger, the spinning tires, the wonderful thunderous noise coming from under the hood being controlled by my right foot... and thats ONLY 707 hp, tame by comparison to the Demon, Redeye, Jailbreak, etc...

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I do agree (for the most part). I am intrigued by the design and I would be curious to see if it's interesting in person, but I will not buy one. I bought the Hellcat in a large part because of the HemiCuda. I always lusted after a powerful manual shifted musclecar, and that was when powerful was 400hp. Along came the Hellcat and the stars aligned (money and opportunity) at the same time and I became the owner of not a 400hp muscle car, but a 707hp monster that has a whine thats music to my ears.
There is no way that the EV Charger can ever compare to the thrill being behind the wheel of my Hellcat - its not just the acceleration its the whole package - the banging gears, the whining supercharger, the spinning tires, the wonderful thunderous noise coming from under the hood being controlled by my right foot... and thats ONLY 707 hp, tame by comparison to the Demon, Redeye, Jailbreak, etc...
We are attempting to enjoy what we missed, but we are doing it on a new level. Today I was in a friend's friend's garage and among the modern cars were some beautiful late 60's muscle cars. I was in awe! But as magnificent as they were, they are in a different league from the HC's. We have something better that ever done, ever imagined. And now it's over. A spoonful of EV ain't goinna scratch the itch, no matter how good it is for anyone!

(Edit: Info and pics deleted, the car owner preferred to keep his collection private.)

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
How does he not have a bunch of stuff in his garage?

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
How does he not have a bunch of stuff in his garage?
He is shocking young to have such a collection of cars, my guess is he is too busy collecting cars than junk. He did have a few transmissions (all manual) and diffs on the floor, Give him time and he'll need a bigger garage!