Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Winter fuel not as good.....

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #21
Beech Bend

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I’m m Hoping to race here in Memphis that weekend for money, just got to get it dialed in

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
If not I might come spy on you speedy and get the inside track lol

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
If only there was a way to mitigate the inconsistencies in pump fuel year-round with reliable on demand octane enhancement... hmmmm... if only.

IMAG1198.jpg

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
If only there was a way to mitigate the inconsistencies in pump fuel year-round with reliable on demand octane enhancement... hmmmm... if only.

View attachment 5625

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #26
No thanks. I'd never put a gas grill tank in my trunk. I'd switch to E85 before going that route.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No thanks. I'd never put a gas grill tank in my trunk. I'd switch to E85 before going that route.
But think of it this way .... If you ever get hungry you will have fuel for the BBQ

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
speedy haven't you ever heard of tailgating ,,,how are you going cook brats and burger :LOL::ROFLMAO:

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Haven't tried that. Got a cutter you recommend?
I use one of these from summit, inspect all high performance applications or if looking for issues. Once you start dissecting different filters you’ll be surprised the differences in there makings. My go to filter is Mobil 1 Synthetic filters at Walmart. Their exactly the same in side as K&N filters and are way better then either the white SRT or black Mopar filters for the 6.2.

462770D7-06CF-42CE-9FEF-80DA0674956B.png

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Winter gas?? Watch your mileage go down as well. I repeat drive full tanks after tanks every week back and forth to work. Summer gas 375-400 miles per tank, winter gas, depending on how cut it is 325-360 miles per tank. I can tell immediately when the station I get gas at gets its first load as I see a decrease in mileage per tank that gets worse until the good stuff is totally diluted out of the stations tanks and then is crap until spring and the reverse happens and return to summer miles per tank. Been driving the same 4 runner for work for 10 years it’s repeat year after year. If one adds BG44 fuel injector cleaner to the crap gas 1 can per tank takes the mileage right back up but it’s $25 a can per tank, beats premium which suffers the same effect as regular and responds the same with adding the BG44. Never tried it in the Cat though as it doesn’t see winter gas usually and never winter gas and track time as it’s usually gone by then.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Internet Fact:

The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says conventional summer-blend gasoline contains 1.7 percent more energy than winter-blend gas, which is one reason why gas mileage is slightly better in the summer.

possibly fake news...but probably not in this case.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yep. Just noticing my Silverado DD starting to use more gas. Needle is def dropping faster than usual. Damn it! :mad::(:eek::cry:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
That is a DOT tank (way more puncture resistant than a plastic gas tank), not one for your BBQ. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't effective. That 5lb tank lasts for months and can be filled anywhere. Meth is expensive, very volatile, consumed rapidly based on weight, and often stored in a substandard containers - and E85 is a regional delicacy and unobtainable for many folks.

Propane shares a stoichiometric measurement very close to gasoline and is easy to tune for that reason... especially if you live on the gas scale and choose not to use Lambda.

I could just keep going on about the benefits but if it doesn't come ready-to-go from a known vendor it won't catch on in this community.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Motörhead do you run it ?

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Motörhead do you run it ?
The picture above is from the back of my Procharged TBSS. I run propane year round in that 5300lb, 650hp, 11 second man van.

I also had a kit in my old Turbo Buick - 30psi on the factory original head gaskets for over a decade.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
When it gets cold, real cold up here plus the winter blends, we don't even think about it. We just keep pumping the stuff in. There is some early season cold happening. Could be heading your way soon, very strange.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The picture above is from the back of my Procharged TBSS. I run propane year round in that 5300lb, 650hp, 11 second man van.

I also had a kit in my old Turbo Buick - 30psi on the factory original head gaskets for over a decade.
You do think out side the box don't you ......

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
You do think out side the box don't you ......
I blame our long Winters.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I blame our long Winters.
Me too! It gives me too much time to think !

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That is a DOT tank (way more puncture resistant than a plastic gas tank), not one for your BBQ. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't effective. That 5lb tank lasts for months and can be filled anywhere. Meth is expensive, very volatile, consumed rapidly based on weight, and often stored in a substandard containers - and E85 is a regional delicacy and unobtainable for many folks.

Propane shares a stoichiometric measurement very close to gasoline and is easy to tune for that reason... especially if you live on the gas scale and choose not to use Lambda.

I could just keep going on about the benefits but if it doesn't come ready-to-go from a known vendor it won't catch on in this community.
Hey keep talking. Very interesting. Think others would be interested also. Does that stuff just raise the BTU content of shi %$# gas to normal octane/BTU content?. Or would it benefit better gas also? Is it an octane adder, BTU adder, or cooling effect? Is it added like nitrous on a plate system into the intake stream or jetted separately. It must take very little for a 5lb tank to last for months. Why is this not more well known or commonly done if it's such a good benefit? I think this would be a good post on its own.