Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 Final Edition

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
$847 a year for an agreed value policy with Grundy, no mention of horsepower.
Give it time and they may change that down there as well or at least will grandfather you in like mine did for me. Hopefully for you all it does not change.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Remember a few of years ago when Dodge was talking about their future and this car was under the cover? They were starting to talk electric but by the front of this car it is not electric. What is this?

View attachment 101582
That is very close to the next Gen Charger

There will be an ICE version with the new platform (y)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That is very close to the next Gen Charger

There will be an ICE version with the new platform (y)
They make it sound like there will be no charger/challenger and there may be just without a Hemi:unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They make it sound like there will be no charger/challenger and there may be just without a Hemi:unsure:
Probably just a bunch of rebadged alphas at this point. They wanted to do it earlier but the Hemi twisted it like a pretzel, if I remember correctly.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
None of these cars are worth their sticker prices except maybe the demon, and even that I think is just a tiny bit higher than what it's actually worth minus the nameplate.

The sticker on my '23 redeye is 98k.... it was 91 last year and 88k in 2021. Who knows what the sticker will look like once built, 101k? 105k?

We are well beyond the territory of these cars being the hands down best bang for buck, loaded m5 comps are 120kish with technology that's fairly new, an interior that isn't from 2008, and build quality not equivalent to a 25k sxt.
Agree 100%. These are $70-$80K cars TOPS. People seem to have forgotten the Hellcat was $59,999 nicely optioned when released. They've barely changed in 8 years. Certainly not worth $100K.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Agree speedy the whole line up overpriced last couple years, but for the DC170 they did put enough meet on the bone for 96 to $103,000 MSRP just my . 02

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
With the new platform there is an ICE Charger...
I m not sure about the ICE Challenger ???
I m not seeing / hearing to much on the Challenger

For the Charger
My understanding is the ICE version is actually farther along in development then the BEV version which is pushed back to early 2025

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Agree speedy the whole line up overpriced last couple years, but for the DC170 they did put enough meet on the bone for 96 to $103,000 MSRP just my . 02
Or we've become conditioned to think that's a good price for the 170. If we start from a realistic msrp for a Redeye at $80K does it have $23K worth of added hardware? I'm not sure just playing devils advocate.

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
Or we've become conditioned to think that's a good price for the 170. If we start from a realistic msrp for a Redeye at $80K does it have $23K worth of added hardware? I'm not sure just playing devils advocate.
Absolutely, from a value standpoint, relative to having the upgrade your red eye with aftermarket parts to equal the 170 and still keeping your warranty. It's an easy check to write at MSRP, anyway. Lol.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Agree 100%. These are $70-$80K cars TOPS. People seem to have forgotten the Hellcat was $59,999 nicely optioned when released. They've barely changed in 8 years. Certainly not worth $100K.
Yep
1679847097514.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@jroyk that's what I figured, but also includes the crazy inflation right now as well. I get it, is what it is, but even that is "inflated" (see what I did there) :LOL:

I don't believe most people's paycheck is 26.9% more now than it was in 2015? Maybe I'm wrong there though.

Member ID
Reactions
City
MB
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
My guess is about 1200 still have their original Demon.
I was thinking somewhere around here as well out of the 3300 total.

So say Tim & Dodge were to give first right of refusal to these owners for going against what they promised with the original Demon. This would still give plenty of production and the majority at that going to new owners and at the same time giving something to loyal Demon owners.

Member ID
Reactions
City
MB
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I still have mine and love it so much that the only way it leaves my hands is when I'm dead. Then it will go to my long time friend of 46 years which I hope will race it with my more recent good friends I have met through the 2 Hellcat Forums. Of course one or two of them may not be around either because of age, lol. After that, I wont care. But if I could acquire one of the Demon 170's, I would. Right now many of our Insurance companies will not insure a vehicle if they are over 550-600 HP. I had to fight with mine to keep the Demon insured, and the conditions I made with them was that they will insure only the Demon I have now and no other vehicles that are over that HP rating. And no, I can't find another Insurance company as they either have a HP limit as well or they want 5 to 6 times the money I'm paying now which is $900 a year. I do like some of the improvements made on the driveline, but I really like that they simplified the Transbrake. The only thing that is a bit of a nuisance is the use of E85 as we do not have it here in Canada except at a race fuel seller which is not cheap unless that changes and we get E85 at the pumps. I also don't care that they came out with another version of a Demon. I think it is great that they did. I do hate one last subject though, the f**king dealers that charge a ADM.
I don't plan on getting rid of mine either. Hoping I can get a 170 when information drops on allocation for Canada.

So I thought of the E85 this way. In my opinion this is a advancement and improvement over the original Demon. We need race fuel to run the HO tune, the new tune auto adjusts to fuel. Buy a pail of E85 for less than race fuel and get all the performance auto adjusting at the track, leave the track and go to the gas station fill up with 91 and drive home at 900 hp without having to touch a thing.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
You read my mind about inflation calculator. Now run the numbers on inflation for a Hemi, 6 pack cars of 1970 or 71 loaded, convertible or other, say $5,000 6,000 would be about right back then. Not even close proportionately, same goes for average home pricing back then to average home today. All totally disproportionate for sure!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Sticker for my old 2017 NB challenger loaded but M6 not A8 was $67,200 add I think 2.5k was for A8, think I paid $58,500 solid deal I thought. Obvious RE and wide body adds $ but if you compare to todays loaded NB regular Hellcat no comparison. It will be interesting to see what this DC170 does to the rest of Hellcat lineup prices. 🍿. 🍺

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I still have mine and love it so much that the only way it leaves my hands is when I'm dead. Then it will go to my long time friend of 46 years which I hope will race it with my more recent good friends I have met through the 2 Hellcat Forums. Of course one or two of them may not be around either because of age, lol. After that, I wont care. But if I could acquire one of the Demon 170's, I would. Right now many of our Insurance companies will not insure a vehicle if they are over 550-600 HP. I had to fight with mine to keep the Demon insured, and the conditions I made with them was that they will insure only the Demon I have now and no other vehicles that are over that HP rating. And no, I can't find another Insurance company as they either have a HP limit as well or they want 5 to 6 times the money I'm paying now which is $900 a year. I do like some of the improvements made on the driveline, but I really like that they simplified the Transbrake. The only thing that is a bit of a nuisance is the use of E85 as we do not have it here in Canada except at a race fuel seller which is not cheap unless that changes and we get E85 at the pumps. I also don't care that they came out with another version of a Demon. I think it is great that they did. I do hate one last subject though, the f**king dealers that charge a ADM.
I don't think they simplified the trans brake. Not sure exactly what makes you think that?

LaserDoc

Member ID
Reactions
City
Akron
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon
I don't think they simplified the trans brake. Not sure exactly what makes you think that?
They specifically talked about that during the release. It's going to be a specific RPM set and then full throttle application. Not the old, modulating the throttle in a certain RPM range.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
It's moreso the nameplate, lot of manufacturers do this with limited edition cars, something that comes to mind are CS edition of M cars or black series AMG cars, they have a few little upgrades but drastically increase the price of the package because historically these cars hold better value.

I would wager maybe 10-12k of warranty'd upgrades + another 10k for the demon nameplate and "limited" production of 3k units.

I call this the limited edition tax.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Sticker for my old 2017 NB challenger loaded but M6 not A8 was $67,200 add I think 2.5k was for A8, think I paid $58,500 solid deal I thought. Obvious RE and wide body adds $ but if you compare to todays loaded NB regular Hellcat no comparison. It will be interesting to see what this DC170 does to the rest of Hellcat lineup prices. 🍿. 🍺
2 big things that changed the auto industry in terms of pricing and msrp.

1. Financing/leasing
2. Government regulations and increase use of technology.

The increase of Financing and leasing basically allows manufacturers to skyrocket prices as they see fit because 99% of car buyers are payment shoppers. (I think a lot of us are guilty of this at least more than we think)

The increase of epa regs + dot safety equipment causes an increase in r&d costs and that's passed on to us, fleets have to meet X mpg requirements, X emissions requirements, crumple zones, airbags, backup cameras, blindspot systems, and the list goes on and on.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The fact is these cars are not being built for people like us. This is the last great ICE high performance car MONEY GRAB by Dodge. These will be museum cars.