Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

4.5L Whipple 'Murder Cat'

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
Thread Starter #161
Engine steam cleaned after a salt off soak (y) Exterior/under chassis/wheels/carpets tomorrow.

Insulated the coolant lines while i was at it. The contact on intake was cured for now with some foam insulation. Not a permanent solution but should prevent metal on metal wear for a while until it's adjusted.

My Drive - Google Drive - Google Chrome 12_29_2020 10_20_56 PM (2).png

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #162
This is the only dyno sheet they sent over. No words. Truly unbelievable the 'best tuner in the country' sent me to this place. Nothing but regret right now after 2020's disaster.

Do not know what power the car makes on 5" E85/93 flex or E85 4.5" now on top of all the other crap. No tq #'s guessing this is with 93 @ 772 on the MD since that's what it put down on the first shops dyno. Date is when they put it on the dyno without fixing a thing (page 6 post #117) Not what i payed for.
Big power racing+Dusterhoff tuning dyno sheet.png

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
This is the only dyno sheet they sent over. No words. Truly unbelievable the 'best tuner in the country' sent me to this place. Nothing but regret right now after 2020's disaster.

Do not know what power the car makes on 5" E85/93 flex or E85 4.5" now on top of all the other crap. No tq #'s guessing this is with 93 @ 772 on the MD since that's what it put down on the first shops dyno. Date is when they put it on the dyno without fixing a thing (page 6 post #117) Not what i payed for.
View attachment 34928
brother. Just move on. And take this as a lesson learned.

when your ready to get this thing checked out and running strong. Hit me up and I can give a good shop to get that thing done. It will be mint when done and running badass

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Cluster F*** is putting it mildly!!!

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
I’d initiate a charge back for the dyno/tune if you paid anything on a card.

Ridiculous 0 tq ???

Listen to WhipCat. I got some great shippers that go all over the US. Let me know if you want their numbers.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
It's a damn shame to hear how a "professional shop" could do shoddy work, get called on it, then befuddle everything to make it extremely hard to get out of...just so you get you prized possesion back like you got it. Then adding insult to injury with that "DYNO" sheet! This really screws the honest guys that do good work and rely on business like ours to make a living, hope you sue the crap outta them and post it so we can help spread the results for future owners that could be similarly conned out of their money. It appears that the lengthy wait was to help them, when you just want out and your car back...they win.

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #167
Wouldn't even know where to start with a lawsuit. Not really up my alley. If any members here are lawyers and have any recommendations let me know. Truly feel fucked right now.

Looks like attempting to sell the car and put this behind me as of now. Ruined the love for modifying/tuning cars. Sending to a third shop, paying 3x what it should cost for a supercharger install doesn't seem realistic at this point.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Wish I was in a position to assist...all I can say myself is I feel terrible for what has happened to you. We are brothers here, if it hits one, it hits us all..
Hopefully someone versed in procedural law in your area can give some direction to help. I would gladly offer if I was in your area, just not aware of what steps would be.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Lawsuit won’t do much.

your better offer do a dispute with credit card and make sure you got as much documentation as possible.

after that. Your better off just getting it to another shop. Cut your losses

you shouldn’t get too discouraged. It’s not like you have a bunch more work to finish. You have all the big parts done. You just need someone to go in and clean it up and tune it right. My dad has been down this road before and have I. It sucks. But if you give up, then you do what 95% of the modding guy market does. Quit and sell it off. If you finish it, you will be happier trust me. And much wiser.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The guy who buys the car - for a fraction of what you have in it - will spend that little bit more to finish it right. Plenty of us look for those opportunities where the expensive stuff has been bought, and the owner loses interest.
Bought not Built has a lot of value to it.
Built not Bought ... sometimes costs more in the long run. Pride gets expensive :ROFLMAO:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Well, you have the car back in your possession. I'd move on personally. Staying upset about it isn't going to help YOU. Enjoy the car for a while, and if you decide you wanna fix the few niggles that are left, work on that at a later time.

I've been around this game for a while and have seen worse unfortunately. Shops close their doors for good and customer's cars caught up in the litigation. Money taken for engines that were never built, or worse built in someone's back yard left in the rain and customer didn't realize until after the engine was installed and it smoked like a chimney. @Linda's Hell Cat remembers those days as well I'm sure.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Well, you have the car back in your possession. I'd move on personally. Staying upset about it isn't going to help YOU. Enjoy the car for a while, and if you decide you wanna fix the few niggles that are left, work on that at a later time.

I've been around this game for a while and have seen worse unfortunately. Shops close their doors for good and customer's cars caught up in the litigation. Money taken for engines that were never built, or worse built in someone's back yard left in the rain and customer didn't realize until after the engine was installed and it smoked like a chimney. @Linda's Hell Cat remembers those days as well I'm sure.
I must have missed something in this thread @Speedy. Who finally got their car back?

Oh Yeah.........
It's shipping on Friday........(month after month)
And how about that engine that will be good for 2000 HP ( Forgot to tell you it's only on paper, that nobody ever ran one)
Then my favorite........Secret Sauce.........makes me cringe every time I see those words.
It should be written $ecret $auce! ;)

And just an FYI I do let people know what I know, they can believe me or not.

When your build is so different and the shop you are at closes then you are also stuck with mods that not another Tuner doesn't want to Tune.

Is that the right info @Speedy ?
Linda :)

Last edited:
OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #173
Added some titanium lug nuts and 3D printed Delrin (Polyoxymethylene) jack pads. Goodbye rusty lug nuts.
1611183836089.png 1611183904750.png

New game plan with the little motivation I have left to see this project through:
Step 1: Springtime test out both tunes work and make sure the chiller system operates correct, if so will leave the engine bay alone for the coming season.
Step 2: Address all the new paint/body work issues after deep cleaning every bit of salt for show quality exterior. Then ceramic coat.
Step 3: Carbon Hood/hood pins
Step 4: ENJOY ALL SUMMER

2022-23 = Build motor, address all install issues present (Contact of chiller on intake, no heat shield, no insulation, re-tune with DYNO DATA :mad::poop::unsure::whistle:.)

And that's all she wrote folks. Not realistic to keep spending more on what should already be done(paid for) but neither is modding a car to this point. Is what it is.

Attachments

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Sounds line a good plan MC. Too bad we couldn’t work a deal for the hood, but no big deal. Glad you’re into it again. Springtime is right around the corner. Good luck.

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@MurderCat The Anderson Composites hoods are top notch. I have one of their hoods and trunk lids and they both fit and look great!

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #176
Sounds line a good plan MC. Too bad we couldn’t work a deal for the hood, but no big deal. Glad you’re into it again. Springtime is right around the corner. Good luck.
You still have dibs if you want it, waiting to install a CF hood after paint work come spring. Timing got really thrown off with the curveball from that shop. Will have a bunch of OEM parts to list along with the hood once swapped.

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
I’m not a fan of carbon hoods on these cars. Hardly saves any weight over the stamped aluminum and maybe adds weight with the pins.

Just wrap it brotha. We got so many crap roads with pebbles/rocks/boulders up here you will have to clear wrap it anyways.

OP
MurderCat

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #178
:confused::mad:..Walked out in the garage this morning to find a pool of coolant coming from the expansion tank area. The car hasn't even been driven since received back. Started 3 times over the past few months while in storage. Absolutely unbelievable once again. Now the car NEEDS to go to ANOTHER shop and it's the middle of winter. What a joke this build has become. So much for a new truck this year.
1612175129177.png
1612175057457.png 20210201_051757.jpg 1612175101887.png

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It’s not winter down here. Let me know if you wanna get it to a shop down in florida. I had already told my guy about your car like a month ago. He will take it in and get you right.

Just shoot me a PM and I’ll get you over the details

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
:confused::mad:..Walked out in the garage this morning to find a pool of coolant coming from the expansion tank area. The car hasn't even been driven since received back. Started 3 times over the past few months while in storage. Absolutely unbelievable once again. Now the car NEEDS to go to ANOTHER shop and it's the middle of winter. What a joke this build has become. So much for a new truck this year.
View attachment 36808
View attachment 36805 View attachment 36801 View attachment 36807
:( I'm Sorry for all your troubles.
I know you had posted where you were but, I thought you changed shops?

In the Top Speed Shops they have knowledge
Of Whipple builds.

Linda :)