Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

A question never asked before... ever!

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #21
Update.... no luck. They make the model specific hub adapters for every car ever made except the current model Challengers. Every import ever made.... Minis, Yugos, every ridiculous piece of junk to ever rattle down the road.....you name it. And of coarse current Mustangs and Camaros but....... No Dodges.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I want to replace my steering wheel with a quick release race setup. My wheel is locked in place due to the electric adjustable feature being disconnected because of my race seats. That means I have to squeeze by that thing getting in and out when the door bars are in at the track. The quick release device has to be welded to the steering wheel shaft. Here’s the problem...... the so called “clock spring” thing with the turn signal and rest of the electrical stuff in there has the steering shaft going thru it. Anyone have enough experience in this area to offer some advice. I want to add one of these while retaining all that.... 🤪 View attachment 17376 View attachment 17377
if you remove the clock spring an plan on putting it back make sure it goes back on the column with the wheels in the same position an on the column exact same place an don`t rotate the spring when you have it off. a lot of stuff works off that thing. I would always make sure wheels pointing straight ahead an steering wheels centered before I removed it. did a lot of caravans where the horn stopped because of the clock spring. I guess you know to disconnect the battery before you start playing around air bag stuff.;)never set your air bag on the bench face down, if the bag was to deploy itl would take off like a rocket.

Last edited:
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #23
if you remove the clock spring an plan on putting it back make sure it goes back on the column with the wheels in the same position an on the column exact same place an don`t rotate the spring when you have it off. a lot of stuff works off that thing. I would always make sure wheels pointing straight ahead an steering wheels centered before I removed it. did a lot of caravans where the horn stopped because of the clock spring. I guess you know to disconnect the battery before you start playing around air bag stuff.;)never set your air bag on the bench face down, if the bag was to deploy itl would take off like a rocket.
Thanks.... :) The way the hub adapters work doesn't require the removal of the clock spring. Really neat design except that they don't make them for our cars. My battery disconnects with the push rod at the rear of the car and I basically have it disconnected any time the car isn't running. I have a email request into their info dept and hope for a answer as to whether there is any way to make it work. They're in Calif and I don't think anybody is there.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Update.... no luck. They make the model specific hub adapters for every car ever made except the current model Challengers. Every import ever made.... Minis, Yugos, every ridiculous piece of junk to ever rattle down the road.....you name it. And of coarse current Mustangs and Camaros but....... No Dodges.
Shit sorry. I really thought they would have one.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States