Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Aftermarket parts - what works and what is a waste of cash?

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I'm really sorry to hear about the alignment issues. I can put you in touch with Zach on Facebook if you want. He's their rep at all the shows and worked for them for years. He's also the one in their recent Youtube video explaining how to adjust the alignment with tabs. I bet he can help.
Me, I'm taking forever to change out my hubs and install the Viper front calipers. I truly hate how complicated the rear suspension is.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #242
I'm really sorry to hear about the alignment issues. I can put you in touch with Zach on Facebook if you want. He's their rep at all the shows and worked for them for years. He's also the one in their recent Youtube video explaining how to adjust the alignment with tabs. I bet he can help.
Me, I'm taking forever to change out my hubs and install the Viper front calipers. I truly hate how complicated the rear suspension is.
He and his side kick are the source of the incorrect info! I got a darn masters degree on changing those tabs now TD. He flat told me to change all tabs (camber and caster arms) to max negative camber tabs and then the toe would magically flip to toe out. That seemed geometrically possible to me, it behaves that way in the rear. Because he uses his own LX for autox. I got a specific text message if anyone wants to see, because I wanted to confirm before I waste my valuable time on a weekend. That is why I am so pissed at them right now, I am about to rip those expensive front arms off and ask for lots of money from them.

I deleted all the previous. After you change the camber for road racing to max negative camber, you MUST adjust the toe. No use bitching about it. They just did not tell us that was necessary, and told me what would happen to the toe backwards!

Done and it seems on the money. I will look forward to trying it out this week.

Last edited:

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Me, I've been a fan of the KISS principle. Better brakes and bigger tires. I've ignored most other things. The rest just keeps working.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #244
Me, I've been a fan of the KISS principle. Better brakes and bigger tires. I've ignored most other things. The rest just keeps working.
It got too strange, without changing the toe settings, the changes that could be accomplished would not be worth it. Now we shall soon see if we can help the outside shoulders on these more sensitive tires. We will talk soon. In the end, the front toe setting change may be more easy than the rear WITH the tabs and spending large cash! I can do it in the pits in about ten minutes, maybe less.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #245
After some laps in my hands these new Cup 2 fronts look great! This says that front alignment is finally the road racers chit!!

E42505FE-EF43-4D3B-A10D-36C6CC02FA28.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Lake Park
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
Glad your new settings are working, I'm also a Minnesotan who likes to do HPDEs and autocross, I have a 2020 Charger Scat Pack with the Dynamics package and Adaptive suspension, TD knows me, much of your discussion interests me because it is also relevant to my car. You must have ran the driving school at DCTC on Tuesday, I'm running DCTC tonight for the first time with my Scat Pack, ran my 5.7 Daytona there several times, I ran Donnybrooke once with my Daytona, I have run 2 autocross events with the Scat Pack and it is a night and day difference from the Daytona. My Scat Pack is stock except for Continental ECSs which I just installed yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #247
Glad your new settings are working, I'm also a Minnesotan who likes to do HPDEs and autocross, I have a 2020 Charger Scat Pack with the Dynamics package and Adaptive suspension, TD knows me, much of your discussion interests me because it is also relevant to my car. You must have ran the driving school at DCTC on Tuesday, I'm running DCTC tonight for the first time with my Scat Pack, ran my 5.7 Daytona there several times, I ran Donnybrooke once with my Daytona, I have run 2 autocross events with the Scat Pack and it is a night and day difference from the Daytona. My Scat Pack is stock except for Continental ECSs which I just installed yesterday.

I was there on Tuesday. Gary says I get the award for being the first person to sign-up in February.

Good your going. Exercise and loosen up your shoulders and arms, because that Scat is going to give you plenty a good workout later today. You will scuff the right front tire. But if your toe setting is good up front it won’t suffer too much.

I did some consistent high teens for times. Shoot for a 1:17, that was the best this old dude could pull off. Some of the light cars were in the 1:10 range, so don’t feel bad when some really interesting lighter cars rip past you.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I was there on Tuesday. Gary says I get the award for being the first person to sign-up in February.

Good your going. Exercise and loosen up your shoulders and arms, because that Scat is going to give you plenty a good workout later today. You will scuff the right front tire. But if your toe setting is good up front it won’t suffer too much.

I did some consistent high teens for times. Shoot for a 1:17, that was the best this old dude could pull off. Some of the light cars were in the 1:10 range, so don’t feel bad when some really interesting lighter cars rip past you.
How'd the suspension controller work for you on track? Live up to your expectations?

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #249
How'd the suspension controller work for you on track? Live up to your expectations?
I like it. It really did not matter Tuesday. But, Monday at BIR the car recorded great times. It helps its on the road manners for the street and I felt confident all day with its handling on the track. If the concrete was warmer we would have really nailed it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Lake Park
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack

Had a good time last night, I did get very tired, car performed well, we were running a different layout than you were on Tuesday, I used my in car lap timer once and recorded a 1:16 on one lap, I did record a 1:15 with my phone watching my video, I will have to see if any were better from the video, brakes were outstanding and the grip level was much higher than my Daytona. I just registered for the June 21st Corvette club event at BIR on the Donnybrooke course.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #251
Had a good time last night, I did get very tired, car performed well, we were running a different layout than you were on Tuesday, I used my in car lap timer once and recorded a 1:16 on one lap, I did record a 1:15 with my phone watching my video, I will have to see if any were better from the video, brakes were outstanding and the grip level was much higher than my Daytona. I just registered for the June 21st Corvette club event at BIR on the Donnybrooke course.

June 21 will be infinitely better than last night unless it rains. Have you done Donnybrook with your Charger?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Lake Park
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
June 21 will be infinitely better than last night unless it rains. Have you done Donnybrook with your Charger?
I did Donnybrooke last summer with my 5.7 Daytona so the Scat Pack will be a different experience.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #253
I did Donnybrooke last summer with my 5.7 Daytona so the Scat Pack will be a different experience.

I hope to also be there. I am just waiting to at least be a bit more confident I am not going to throw another $400 and a day off in the trash. The weather this year as you know with one day of sun and four days of clouds, rain and snow with lows in the 30’s is not pretty. At 52 degrees mid-day under clouds Monday, the big Cup 2’s I use were barely working.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Lake Park
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
I hope to also be there. I am just waiting to at least be a bit more confident I am not going to throw another $400 and a day off in the trash. The weather this year as you know with one day of sun and four days of clouds, rain and snow with lows in the 30’s is not pretty. At 52 degrees mid-day under clouds Monday, the big Cup 2’s I use were barely working.
The weather has been crazy this year, I was at an autocross on April 25th and there were many spinouts, 200TW tires and cold temps don't mix, I almost spun on my stock all seasons, it would be cool to see you there!

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #255
The weather has been crazy this year, I was at an autocross on April 25th and there were many spinouts, 200TW tires and cold temps don't mix, I almost spun on my stock all seasons, it would be cool to see you there!

Oh, the camera malfunctioned all day Monday and I’m pissed. Did not know it until Tuesday. It was chiming normal like no problem syncing with the Lap Timer. Speaking of spinning. I would have an excellent recovery btw 4-5 to show. I would have a great roll race btw a Zr1 and me. Pretty even until about 130-140, then the RE began walking. Confirmed we both have stock power. I did let him by on the inside into #1. There were two of them, sponsors, regular racers, they also drive them very good. On the spin, the sucker was nearly 90 degrees to my motion quick. I was not going to take another trip in the grass, so oh boy was there a fight. I won, but I’ll just say damn! 4500 lbs and big Cup 2’s that were somewhere between slick and sticky. Maybe I should have just laid on it and drifted it! I’ll look forward to my next time up there and a much warmer track. The sector times indicate interesting things can happen if I piece it together right.

The section btw turn 8-10 has deteriorated significantly in the past three years. I have 2.5 seconds of a problem relative to what I could do previously in that section. So I have to remind myself to sort of compensate the total lap times now and not be hard on the RE. It IS finally doing good.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Spring Lake Park
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Charger Scat Pack
Oh, the camera malfunctioned all day Monday and I’m pissed. Did not know it until Tuesday. It was chiming normal like no problem syncing with the Lap Timer. Speaking of spinning. I would have an excellent recovery btw 4-5 to show. I would have a great roll race btw a Zr1 and me. Pretty even until about 130-140, then the RE began walking. Confirmed we both have stock power. I did let him by on the inside into #1. There were two of them, sponsors, regular racers, they also drive them very good. On the spin, the sucker was nearly 90 degrees to my motion quick. I was not going to take another trip in the grass, so oh boy was there a fight. I won, but I’ll just say damn! 4500 lbs and big Cup 2’s that were somewhere between slick and sticky. Maybe I should have just laid on it and drifted it! I’ll look forward to my next time up there and a much warmer track. The sector times indicate interesting things can happen if I piece it together right.

The section btw turn 8-10 has deteriorated significantly in the past three years. I have 2.5 seconds of a problem relative to what I could do previously in that section. So I have to remind myself to sort of compensate the total lap times now and not be hard on the RE. It IS finally doing good.
Bummer about your camera, sounds like fun with the ZR1, the spin sounds like an exciting moment, glad you came out victorious!

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I hope to see both of you at the Vette event.
Even though Sunday is Mother's Day I plan to do my brake and caliper and hub swap on the front passenger side. All 3 other corners are mostly done. Hopefully next week the test rides can begin.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #258
This is not aftermarket talk, but a short report on the Dodge chiller system and how well it cools things off. I’ll advise everyone who has this option to use it on the track. The one single time I did not, the system was marginal because of a malfunction going on in the converter, I drove it like we want to, and things went real bad.

Last night driving around it was about 80 out, just putting more enjoyable miles on it. Oil was 219, coolant was just over 200, SC coolant was 92. Okay, engaged Track Mode and just drove around to see what it can do. Plus, I am also verifying everything on my new engine to make sure it will live under my foot. After a few miles things were pretty impressive. The SC temp was down into the mid-60’s, the oil temp had fallen to the low 200’s (that was surprising), and the coolant was at 198-200. And, yes it DID feel more responsive to my right foot.

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
This is not aftermarket talk, but a short report on the Dodge chiller system and how well it cools things off. I’ll advise everyone who has this option to use it on the track. The one single time I did not, the system was marginal because of a malfunction going on in the converter, I drove it like we want to, and things went real bad.

Last night driving around it was about 80 out, just putting more enjoyable miles on it. Oil was 219, coolant was just over 200, SC coolant was 92. Okay, engaged Track Mode and just drove around to see what it can do. Plus, I am also verifying everything on my new engine to make sure it will live under my foot. After a few miles things were pretty impressive. The SC temp was down into the mid-60’s, the oil temp had fallen to the low 200’s (that was surprising), and the coolant was at 198-200. And, yes it DID feel more responsive to my right foot.
Reading your post I had a first thought of, "Why doesn't Dodge enable the chiller system to work in other than Track Mode?"

Followed by, "Probably because cooler SC and engine temperatures don't optimize combustion, or oil temperatures (or...something) when we don't have the right foot into it?"

You have made a believer out of me that Track Mode has to be selected for road course driving. Also somebody posted that chart about engine wear happening way faster at higher engine temperatures. I'm doing a day of HPDE July 17 at NCM and it will be the hottest day I've ever run the car hard.

Glad to hear the new stuff in the engine compartment is all good!

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
After some laps in my hands these new Cup 2 fronts look great! This says that front alignment is finally the road racers chit!!

View attachment 43279
Looks just about optimal for a heavy car with poor weight distribution.