Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer oil change using 5w20

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
I guess what ever the color is ? I do like the carpet matching the drapes ! :LOL:
I thought they quit putting carpet on the new models back in the late 80's early 90's

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I thought they quit putting carpet on the new models back in the late 80's early 90's
ladies-and-gentlemen-we-have-a-winner.jpg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Some models do, I like the Race Strip :LOL:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Carpet kind of freaks me out.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Carpet kind of freaks me out.
Indoor/outdoor is ok, but shag is an issue.πŸ˜‰

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Nothing has does a number on my knees quite like hardwood floors.
There's a lot to be said for doggie style.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Nothing has does a number on my knees quite like hardwood floors.
There's a lot to be said for doggie style.
Ever heard of knee pads? They work. True story.:)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Next time I'll ask to borrow hers.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Every oil mfg says they are the best.

Every.

Single.

One.

And they all have a way of supplying the data that helps make their case.
The You Tube is a farmer who test stuff watch his other videos on all kinds of products we all use.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Those are tests I could do myself. And I wouldn't trust my findings.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Amsoil dealers remind me of used car salesmen.
I try not to push Buy the best Phuck the rest, If you want the best lubricant. To a lot of people it doesn't matter.To some it does. And if any one is looking for a 04, 2wd Dodge Dakota with a lot of new parts to much to list PM me. only 123k and a new long block at 73K. Probably because I was not using AMSOIL at the time because of free oil changes from the dealer with them using regular Penzoil. I wonder why I switched. Thank God for the factory extended Warr.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Nothing wrong in what you believe in Bob. I respect that. It's when the jehova witness syndrome appears I have a problem.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I try not to push Buy the best Phuck the rest, If you want the best lubricant. To a lot of people it doesn't matter.To some it does. And if any one is looking for a 04, 2wd Dodge Dakota with a lot of new parts to much to list PM me. only 123k and a new long block at 73K. Probably because I was not using AMSOIL at the time because of free oil changes from the dealer with them using regular Penzoil. I wonder why I switched. Thank God for the factory extended Warr.
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with regular Pennzoil if you were using the correct weight & changing it every 3k miles. All of the engines that I used Pennzoil in, were always very clean & in good shape when I took them apart. For a lot of different reasons, some engines just don't last as long as others.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with regular Pennzoil if you were using the correct weight & changing it every 3k miles. All of the engines that I used Pennzoil in, were always very clean & in good shape when I took them apart. For a lot of different reasons, some engines just don't last as long as others.
Well that's what they put in back in 04. Now why did the coating come off a piston a scratch the cylinder wall?? You tell me. Every 3k and I brought them donuts Saturday morning when I brought the truck in for a GOF.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Nothing wrong in what you believe in Bob. I respect that. It's when the jehova witness syndrome appears I have a problem.
And why do you have a problem with JW's do you have a problem with LDS as well? Our just Christians? What about Jews? Muslims? Hindu? or do you believe in nothing??? In that case buy Amsoil at least you can make sure your engine is protected since your soul might not be. Because if you believe in nothing you will fall for everything. THINK ABOUT IT. I hope you still have your mask on. If you do read Psalm 91. and set yourself free.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
And why do you have a problem with JW's do you have a problem with LDS as well? Our just Christians? What about Jews? Muslims? Hindu? or do you believe in nothing??? In that case buy Amsoil at least you can make sure your engine is protected since your soul might not be. Because if you believe in nothing you will fall for everything. THINK ABOUT IT. I hope you still have your mask on. If you do read Psalm 91. and set yourself free.
Not up in Revelations, but JWs can never guarantee I will be one of the "select" 144,000. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚.

Piston coating was most likely a defect...why didn't all pistons coating come off then?

Amsoil is great but their strength is with extended drain intervals which I don't do in the Hellcat.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Not up in Revelations, but JWs can never guarantee I will be one of the "select" 144,000. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚.

Piston coating was most likely a defect...why didn't all pistons coating come off then?

Amsoil is great but their strength is with extended drain intervals which I don't do in the Hellcat.
Only once a year but with the driving season I only put on about 7k. Now my other cars about 10k a year and one change. If your oil can't handle that.... Since your in CA as well "why are you trashing the environment with your waste oil man when you can do only one oil- change instead of 3 for 12k miles?"

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Only once a year but with the driving season I only put on about 7k. Now my other cars about 10k a year and one change. If your oil can't handle that.... Since your in CA as well "why are you trashing the environment with your waste oil man when you can do only one oil- change instead of 3 for 12k miles?"
Another good point for Amsoil in the overall waste/ environmental department.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Mobil has a new version of Mobil 1 that can go 20k miles.
I trust Mobil One, but there is no way I would let my oil go 20k miles unless we were well into the zombie pockie-clypse, so there is no sense in me buying that oil.
I'm hard pressed to let any oil change go 5k miles, I don't care what the alleged change interval is. Oil is cheap insurance and as long as it meets the required specs, I'll change it often.

Cuz.....you never know when the pockie-clypse will come.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States