Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Don't Be A D*ck.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
$5 in screws and $40 for the tarp. I don’t have finished pics, but it goes to show that excuses don’t get work done.
There are plenty of people “like us” driving rotted civic hatches and GTIs, and Porsches... gotta give everyone a chance to earn your respect. For everything other than the HC - I am the warranty.
Not the intent at all. I didn't post anything for the respect factor. I posted merely to say/show I do/did most if not all my own work and do not bullsh*&. No one has to be that dedicated or heavily into the hobby to get my respect--but yes, you do have to have a little hands on knowledge or know- how or should wanna know some practical knowledge of your machine. Most (at car shows anyway) have none. Sorry that's just my feeling on it.
As far as getting respect for buying a HC? I expect none and would laugh at someone who gave it to me simply for that. Anyone can buy a store bought hot rod.
Totally agree with the warranty statement. Love the "hut". That's hot sh&*. LOL

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@ 72 440 Barracuda "Cool pics - lets see more![/QUOTE]"

Of the car or the build :LOL:. Now I really am stealing the thread. Those are original floors and trunk and that is an unrestored car. One paint job on top of original paint. On car when I bought it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Not the intent at all. I didn't post anything for the respect factor. I posted merely to say/show I do/did most if not all my own work and do not bullsh*&. No one has to be that dedicated or heavily into the hobby to get my respect--but yes, you do have to have a little hands on knowledge or know- how or should wanna know some practical knowledge of your machine. Most (at car shows anyway) have none. Sorry that's just my feeling on it.
As far as getting respect for buying a HC? I expect none and would laugh at someone who gave it to me simply for that. Anyone can buy a store bought hot rod.
Totally agree with the warranty statement. Love the "hut". That's hot sh&*. LOL
Wasn’t directing any criticism your way man, just showing everyone that you can slap a shop together on a shoestring budget and make things happen. My $90 HF welder gets the job done; and I don’t even have a welding table! The more I finish my real shop the easier the projects get, but for people in a bind - laying on cold dirt and gravel; and getting snow up your back makes a man out of you and lets you appreciate a heated shop with a lift.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Lots of good opinions here. I have to say that the number one thing that turns me off is artificial, self-important people. Number two, dipshits that see everyone else as a potential sale. Number three, the "If you don't agree with me on everything i believe, you're an idiot" crowd. Don't care about age, don't care about your politics unless you make it an issue, won't bore you with mine, don't care about how much money you do or do not make. Will: check out your ride, talk the shit out of cars with you, head out somewhere and run with you just for fun, even if one of us is stupidly faster than the other. Hit the twisties, hit the road course, hit the 1/4 all of them with with my hair on fire. Will generally have a ride that looks like it gets used - not into the glass box trophy kind of cars. Have a beer afterwards.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #25
6 hours and 8 ports later. Exhaust side done.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191222192907966~2.jpg 00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191222192810452_COVER.jpg

Carry on fellas.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #27
Nice! You keepin' tranny oil on the bit to keep it from getting clogged? Or you just sanding it to shape?
Thanks.

I go in dry with a single cut on the aluminum, work the seat with a double cut, and blend the work in with straight and tapered 80 grit sanding drums.