Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #641
I just wanted to give an update.

I went to the reveal in Vegas of the SRT Demon 170. I knew right then I was going to try and get one. Unfortunately I also found out that Stillantis/Dodge/Tim K was not going to help me with an allocation. And all my possibilities at all my connected/preffered dealers had evaporated. On top of that I lost or realigned a 30+ year friendship over this car.

But I pushed forward and did what most others are having to do. I am paying a large ADM. Luckily I stumbled on a situation at a Dealer that I have done buisness with before and I have a high level of trust with. I ended up being #1 on their list and they DID call me first. But at that time I told them thank you but no thank you (for 100K over). Come to find out that is what it was going to take to get one. I called them about a week later and lo and behold they still did not sell their Demons yet. I don't think they were trying very hard. So, I got my order in and I helped them sell their remaining Demons......NO Deposit required. They have never asked me for a deposit and I think that requirement is unethical. We all know they can sell the car if you walk away. So maybe a couple grand so you have skin in the game. That's it. Anything more and telling you it is non refundable is a scam. SO GLAD I did not get tied up in that game.

So, I knew on March 20 2023 I was not going to be racing my 2018 Demon any more. I only went to Red List because I could win $1000 cash and I had already paid for my entry. The day went well except I missed winning by 1 point.

I am almost complete with making the Demon back to 100% stock. Except it will have NEW Win Lite wheels and NEW MT ET Street tires (R's in the back). I also am keeping the Crate PCM and Center Stack in the car. But all the original parts are reinstalled. AND, I have a sealed and palletized Demon Crate that matches this car. The last thing I have to do is reinstall a NEW rear sway bar. It will not be easy but I think I have got a solid plan to do the install. The new Sway bar was $125 shipped and is about a week out.

It is for sale on Ebay. I am not in any hurry and not going to fire sale it. I did a VIN Match to this car and I will just keep it in it's retired state and just take it to car shows and pleasure drives etc.

I will start a new Thread when the appropriate time comes on the new SRT Demon 170. Already got the Avatar dialed in...........

HELLB3NT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oakville
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody Jailbreak
Fantastic! I'm not sure if I should congratulate you yet... don't want to jinx anything. Hopefully, you will be drinking out of a new whiskey bar set soon! I'm still trying to swing a deal in Canada... the window is closing!

Last edited:

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Well congrats sort of I guess. Hope you get what you want and you have deeper pockets than me as I never would pay that much ADM above the already profitable MSRP. Tim K and that whole bunch are liars and that does not sit well with me. Anyway IF you get a 170 you certainly will be on my list of the first to get that halo 8.9 Dodge has touted..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Good luck Ron.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
If you paid msrp
For the first one and
100 over for the second.

then it comes to 50 over for each not too bad.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Fantastic! I'm not sure if I should congratulate you yet... don't want to jinx anything. Hopefully, you will be drinking out of a new whiskey bar set soon! I'm still trying to swing a deal in Canada... the window is closing!
will be interesting to see how many orders get filled up here. good luck!!!!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #647
Well congrats sort of I guess. Hope you get what you want and you have deeper pockets than me as I never would pay that much ADM above the already profitable MSRP. Tim K and that whole bunch are liars and that does not sit well with me. Anyway IF you get a 170 you certainly will be on my list of the first to get that halo 8.9 Dodge has touted..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I try to look at all sides. I never ever counted on there being just one Demon. I always HOPED they would come out with something better and I do not care much what they called it.

The Dealerships can suck at times and this is one of them. But I think of it like this.....I would have paid $140K for this car at MSRP. I think a fair MSRP would have been 119-125K. But would have paid 140. And if my preferred dealers would have got the allocations I would have STOLE one at 96,666.

But honestly the DEALERS sell Tim K's product. Need I say more? You absolutely MUST keep that relationship healthy and alive or you yourself go out of business and lose your Job.

My Dad was an old Portuguese Man and My VooVoo was his Father. We had a Dairy Farm in Chino California when I was growing up. VooVoo told my Dad he preferred to do business with people that make money. There are reasons for this.

But what they are doing with this car is a bit much. I do not condone it one bit. I offered +$25K right off the bat because of the LOW MSRP. I think that would be fair......

My Pockets are not deep. It is taking everything I have to get this car and still keep the one I have. But I am not married and I don't do much besides race and work on cars etc.

I also have one other outlook on life. And, not everybody has this. I was hit by a car as a pedestrian something like 12 years ago. I could have easily been killed. I face planted on the asphalt so hard I am surprised my nose did not push into my brain. Never even got my arms out in front of me. And I could care less if I am poor when I am 90. So here we gooooooooooo!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I told everyone long ago.

Some of you should be able to remember.

I said There will be

Longer wheelies, Bigger bans and more

wooden crates.

While you are all waiting for that

I’ll be at the drag strip racing my Demon!

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Ron,
Please wait until you actually have the car before getting the obligatory neck tatoo.;)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #650
I finished completely returning Demon 1660 back to stock (except wheels & tires, crate PCM and switch bank). Now she is retired and waiting to possibly be sold. As soon as I am assigned a VIN for the SRT Demon 170 I will let this one go, I think. No rush. 0425231251a.jpg 0425231252a.jpg 0427231012.jpg

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Do u have the original wheels and tires? How many miles and what is your planned venue to sell?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #652
Do u have the original wheels and tires? How many miles and what is your planned venue to sell?
I do not have original wheels and tires. They were in really bad shape with commercial NT05's and so I got rid of them. Plus I dont WANT original wheels and tires. There are other setups that drive way better. I have tried everything.

It has approximately 11,450 miles.

I have an ad on Ebay right now. I raised the price to $150K because I was getting stupid lowball offers.........

Last edited:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
You have enough cars LOLOLOL

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
You have enough cars LOLOLOL
Zero interest in another OG lol, pure curiosity! Will be interesting to see a race car sell!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #655
I put up a new ad on Ebay. It's a great car for someone that wants to race or just drive it..........

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Did you try BAT?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #657
I would assume anyone looking for a Demon would try most services. I have good feedback on Ebay, so hoping that will give confidence. Do you think BAT would be a huge advantage? Ebay allows my name and number be in the ad so most likely someone will just call me to buy it.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #658
Also not pushing too hard until after the 15th. I did not want someone to buy it and then immediately try to VIN Match their Demon 170 order with it.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Put it on BAT
Silver one with no crate got to 122k
They have been fetching 140k range lately.
What are you trying to get?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #660
130K with Crate Deliverd anywhere in the lower 48.