Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
They are 11.6 pounds. VS 16.4 pounds. They are paper thin. Sidewall is not going to take much abuse. I have driven 12 miles to Irwindale and back on them once but I did all city (mostly neighborhoods) and was very careful. Not this set, the ones on my Demon.
Yee haa Ron’s going racing!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
No. Out here we do not get to keep our tax basis when we trade in. We have to pay full tax amount regardless. I sold my RedEye outright a few weeks ago to a dealer off Craigslist. Posted up and in 5 minutes I had a guy on his way over and he gave me a deposit. First person to come over and all within an hour or two. Then the next day I spent 7 hours putting everything back 100% to stock. Original wheels and tires only had 8 miles on them.
Did he sign on the car as is, or when reverted to stock? Most dealers are nervous about that.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Did they give you a delivery date?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #24
Did they give you a delivery date?
No delivery date. But my factory connection said it should be by the end of the year same as the press releases. I told him I need it in time for Legion of Demons in January and I already paid for Brian Mason's private track rental on Jan 9th at HRP. He said I am good unless something unforseen comes up.

Me and that individual that bought my car agreed verbally that it would be 100% stock when he picked it up. I had to change the wheels and tires, put the RH mirror back on, put the trunk carpet board back in Pass seat floor mats etc. The only thing I could not fix on the spur of the moment is put that grille back in the LH Scoop (he did notice this) 0503201510.jpg .

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #25
NOTE : ORDER WINDOW FOR 2020 SUPER STOCK CLOSES AFTER THIS FRIDAY 8-21-2020

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you get bored you can always work on the assembly lines in Brampton with all that experience.

Would like to see you run that car. Hope they're good with that forecast.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
NOTE : ORDER WINDOW FOR 2020 SUPER STOCK CLOSES AFTER THIS FRIDAY 8-21-2020
I read they are only making 192 2020's is there a limit?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Full racing warranty.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was kind of miffed because the Press Vehicle is shown with the SRT Performance Spoiler and it is not standard. Still a $995 option. I did not order it on the car. I will get it over the counter and install myself. I also may have the hood wrapped black one day. On this HellRaisin dark purple I think the black hood would look great.
Did both on my RE. OTC performance spoiler and the hood wrap. Def a cheaper way of getting that look on both ends.
Good luck with her!.

Last edited:

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
First, thank you for all of your contributions to the forum.

Wish you all the best of luck with that new hot rod Super Stock Challenger.

What kind of 1/4 mile times are you hoping for when you drag race the new vehicle?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Owings Mills
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Demon

What kind of 1/4 mile times are you hoping for when you drag race the new vehicle?
Are the power dollars available?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #32
I read they are only making 192 2020's is there a limit?
I have not heard that. I can only go by what Tim K said, that it is a regular production, not limited edition.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #33
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #34

That is a good question. I think Dodge did what they did with the Demon, but I am sure they are aware of all the trouble it causes with the owners. So with the Super Stock they published the more traditional "everybody can do it" time of 10.50 @ 131. I expect that time is on Stock Tires with decent driver skills and track prep at +1000 ft DA. This is the stated .3 seconds faster than the RedEye Wide Body on the 305 Perellis of 10.80.

I have said I think that 10.50 time is way under rated. Mainly because better tires will get you quite a bit and then there is the typical weight reduction that you can do and there is negative DA. My last car put up exceptional MPH numbers and that was with the Hiccup. If I get another good motor like that one and with the drag focused calibration I expect this car might be hurting some Demon owners feelings. Keep in mind this car will not be lighter than a one seat Demon even after all the weight reduction I have planned.

I do plan on keeping the motor and calibrations 100% stock and I am hoping to get into the 9's when I get into negative DA down in TX etc. I sincerely hope my order is solid and the car gets here in time for me to prep it for my trip in January.

FCA knows I have my order in and they know I will be going right to the track and racing it. I did my part and made them aware. So lets see what happens.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #35
Are the power dollars available?
I was told that as of now they are. But he said he had no way to lock the rebate in for this purchase for some reason. His honest opinion was that the Power Dollars would remain long enough for me to get them.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I was told that as of now they are. But he said he had no way to lock the rebate in for this purchase for some reason.
Not rocket science. All he had to do was check off this box
image0[5062].JPG

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #37
Not rocket science. All he had to do was check off this box
View attachment 22653
This looks like something that is done after the fact. I see a place where it is asking for a VIN and or a delivery date. Both of which you would not have when placing an order. Besides he said that the system would not let him protect the rebate. To me that means that the Sold Order Protection box was not there or it would not let him check the box.

If it is asking for a VIN, maybe he can go back in later and do it. I know the Power dollars as they are now are good to 8-31-2020. So, I will bug him about it before the end of the month. Hpefully I will have a VIN by then.

This is the Owner that is placing my order. So I suspect he knows what to do or can find out.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This looks like something that is done after the fact. I see a place where it is asking for a VIN and or a delivery date. Both of which you would not have when placing an order. Besides he said that the system would not let him protect the rebate. To me that means that the Sold Order Protection box was not there or it would not let him check the box.

If it is asking for a VIN, maybe he can go back in later and do it. I know the Power dollars as they are now are good to 8-31-2020. So, I will bug him about it before the end of the month. Hpefully I will have a VIN by then.

This is the Owner that is placing my order.
I would think the owner would know how but tbh plenty of owners know zilch about the retail financing ins and outs and rely on their finance peeps. Either way I highly doubt the rebates are going anywhere. You should be good.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd suggest adding the back seat back and removing it yourself and installing a rear seat delete. Rear seat delete is a $400 part, but I bet leather rear seats are in the $1000s. My stock rear seats are wrapped up and put away. Rear seat delete isn't the most fun thing to install with the contorting in the back of the car, but all in not terrible.