Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

First run in with a Tesla

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
On the contrary, the secondary market is crushing it right now. Can’t touch a decent S or X for less than a small fortune. FWIW - the original Tesla Roadsters with 100k on them still have over 80% battery life. That’s better than most any other battery powered electronics...
Even when Tesla closed some showrooms and liquidated the stock, they weren’t cheap.
Yep, what jack said.

The big issue for me with these cars is that Tesla literally holds the keys to fixing and maintaining these cars. There is no secondary market yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
It's still a golf cart!
Lol... I agree, would not buy as my only source of fun.

That said, they’re fast and only getting faster.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Competition in the making. What got these dick weeds in the HP competition as we type. Chase and chase as long as we can afford it. Paying off those collage loans has to be killing pops retirement funds. I need a new stang fer Christmas,,, son you are 38 years old and on the virtual realty game we gave you last xmas. But , but, I am only to stage 2 out of 10. I have no children, so I want advise one not to purchase a tesla. They are fast.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep, what jack said.

The big issue for me with these cars is that Tesla literally holds the keys to fixing and maintaining these cars. There is no secondary market yet.

Just try trading one in...see what happens

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
It's still a golf cart!
No one's standing around doing a cold start listening to their exhaust rumble if they own one of those :)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Damn fast golf cart with fancy doors.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
met up at a light with a tesla this morning, I was served up with a heaping bowl of gapple sauce. I didn't stand a chance.
For what its worth you can run him down if you have .5 mile or so. but of course this is not safe in almost any street situation. Instant torque and AWD just does it down low.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You don't race awd vehicles from a dig on the street with any Hellcat but more especially an M6. Catch them from a roll and smoke that ass!
I beg to differ. When we hit it I have the steering pegged towards them and simply push their ass off the side of the road with my solid lead Charger HC and PIT maneuver.

bye bye off the road.gif

and for those challenger douche bags...

pick up rage.gif

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
Just try trading one in...see what happens
You may be correct, I don’t follow their values. Wouldn’t shock me if no one besides a Tesla store wanted to take one on trade.

I was more agreeing with the battery life aspect.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yep, what jack said.

along those lines...accident damage requiring replacement body panels...be prepared for a wait of over 6 months in some cases

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
along those lines...accident damage requiring replacement body panels...be prepared for a wait of over 6 months in some cases
I’ve heard that as well, which is nuts.

Something like only 2 approved Tesla body shops in Southern California.

There’s an interesting YouTube channel of a mechanic who works on these things and is pushing for open source help for Tesla. The number of Tesla guarded tools and tech necessary to make simple repairs on these cars is eye opening .

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
What you M6 guys that got whooped by the S doing in the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 on the tires your running on the street? Car timer data fine, Just curious what my odds are like lol
I’m M6 too and get consistent 3.2 0-60 and sub 7 0-100 times in everyday driving trim, so far haven’t lost to anything on the street but haven’t come side by side with a S yet The track a different story lol but I just bought a set of 17” 315 50 Street R’s for the track which should change that.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I beg to differ. When we hit it I have the steering pegged towards them and simply push their ass off the side of the road with my solid lead Charger HC and PIT maneuver.

View attachment 8080

and for those challenger douche bags...

View attachment 8081
OMG!!! I was able to do those kinds of things when I drove convoys in Iraq, and let me tell you...it was AWESOME!!! I've always wanted to live in a Mad Max world and that was the closest I'll ever get. Fun times!!

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
No one's standing around doing a cold start listening to their exhaust rumble if they own one of those :)
Ain't that the truth. My 6 year old stands there in a trance listening to the exhaust...I asked him if he was ok and he said yes...just listening to the exhaust. Fast is why we are here, but it isn't everything as these cars represent more IMHO.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, long winter hibernation SUCKS
I may have to practice line lock application and use in my driveway with my junk MT Street SS tires. Never salt in my driveway but I’m sure the bitchy old lady down the hill from me won’t like my practice sessions very much lol, my driveway about even with her second floor and only about 200 ft away nothing but air in between.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
What you M6 guys that got whooped by the S doing in the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 on the tires your running on the street? Car timer data fine, Just curious what my odds are like lol
I’m M6 too and get consistent 3.2 0-60 and sub 7 0-100 times in everyday driving trim, so far haven’t lost to anything on the street but haven’t come side by side with a S yet The track a different story lol but I just bought a set of 17” 315 50 Street R’s for the track which should change that.
That’s impressive for an M6 on the street with street tires. Care to share your launch settings/technique?

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
315-35/20 Nitto BT05r at 26 psi, launch about 1500 rpms and slip the clutch for first 20 ft but since installation of the 2.98 first tranny I can just let the clutch out at about 1000 and slowly go to half throttle and do same for second. Didn’t get to track test it yet but G’s on the street went from .65-7 to .95 to 1.05 withbtranny change alone so with the 315-50/17’s 29.5” height should really help track launching. Wanted to get new tires mounted on new rims today and hope for a 50 degree day before winter really sets in but TPMS sensors didn’t get delivered yesterday :(

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States