Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

First run in with a Tesla

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Get a E85 tune and better tires and you’ll be ok, for a while at least.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Get a E85 tune and better tires and you’ll be ok, for a while at least.
For awhile....those things are coming on strong.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Change the springs, also.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Unfortunately true, enjoy our cars while their still predominantly king of the road, nothing lasts forever.

HellcatMatt

Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
What you M6 guys that got whooped by the S doing in the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 on the tires your running on the street? Car timer data fine, Just curious what my odds are like lol
I’m M6 too and get consistent 3.2 0-60 and sub 7 0-100 times in everyday driving trim, so far haven’t lost to anything on the street but haven’t come side by side with a S yet The track a different story lol but I just bought a set of 17” 315 50 Street R’s for the track which should change that.
Model S P100D with Ludacris mode will do 0-60 in 2.5 very easily. MotorTrend actually clocked one at 2.28 with a peak of 1.41g.

On the street they are an absolute RIOT! In terms of launching, I hate to say this but probably some of the most fun I've ever had in a car. Its a hell of an experience to be catapulted like that with no wheelspin. Again, strictly speaking of street driving.

Lets not get confused though, I'll take my loud, tire smoking V8 but those Tesla's deserve a lot of credit and are a one-of-a-kind experience. Even if they aren't for everyone, they sure make the rest of the car world try harder!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Very interesting, but I would not do a 0 to 60 with 0ne. I have a m6 and would do a roll at 30. They don't build boost, they have boost. I would take on one since I drove one 2 weeks ago and very fast but no unbeatable. Pick your place and speed.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Model S P100D with Ludacris mode will do 0-60 in 2.5 very easily. MotorTrend actually clocked one at 2.28 with a peak of 1.41g.

On the street they are an absolute RIOT! In terms of launching, I hate to say this but probably some of the most fun I've ever had in a car. Its a hell of an experience to be catapulted like that with no wheelspin. Again, strictly speaking of street driving.

Lets not get confused though, I'll take my loud, tire smoking V8 but those Tesla's deserve a lot of credit and are a one-of-a-kind experience. Even if they aren't for everyone, they sure make the rest of the car world try harder!
2.28!!! 1.41G!!!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Earlier this fall I got to do a track day at the drag strip, and there was a 100D with Ludacris mode doing 11.1@118-119, they said they had it all set to max acceleration and battery damage bypass...etc, and a friend of mine with a P90D with Ludacris mode was doing 11.6@117, both were supposed to be quite a bit quicker. I have yet to see Teslas run the times they post in the magazines. Anyone else??? They were either doing low 1.7 60 foots or high 1.6s and that was with doing the launch control feature. My redeye was doing low 1.6s that day just by simply holding the brake while building rpms into the converter.

I have ridden in both of these cars at full acceleration, they are pretty amazing, especially right after the launch up through about 100 mph, they noticeably pull less hard as the speed increases. I was told that's due to the transmission only having one gear. The new roadster is supposed to have 3 gears which is why it can keep the amazing acceleration going at over 100 mph.

My $67k redeye seems like quite the bargain compared to them, but this car does drink gas like crazy when I drive it fast. Oh well, can't have it all ;)

Last edited: