Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
I will get either the Stage 2 or 3 depending on what the Stage 3 involves. As soon as Stage 3 is announced, I will make an appointment for my car to get one of the two upgrades

I'm definitely in for stage 2

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I read somewhere there is a TSB for it too. Not sure but I'm going to do more research.
No. Dodgecares whoever that is, posted some bullshit TSB on the other site that did not even apply to Challengers and did not even make sense regarding what the TSB was about.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
No. Dodgecares whoever that is, posted some bullshit TSB on the other site that did not even apply to Challengers and did not even make sense regarding what the TSB was about.
Ya that Dodgecares thing is such a PR joke. Every response feels like a bot response. Annoying at best.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
It's easy to tune out. I could do it in 30 seconds.
I likely depends on what is causing it. My tuner could not do it in 3 tries. We were on the 4th revision when I traded the car in. And I think my Tuner taught you..............Not sure. Next he was going to "Let's give this one a shot before I bump the ramp rate up any."

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Ya that Dodgecares thing is such a PR joke. Every response feels like a bot response. Annoying at best.
Have they ever helped anyone that you know of?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Have they ever helped anyone that you know of?
I did read one post out of the many I’ve read with them and it was basically them forwarding the case to a dealer I believe. The car owner seemed to be pretty happy but I remember thinking that was something we would all have done ourselves anyway.
So the short answer is not really imo.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I likely depends on what is causing it. My tuner could not do it in 3 tries. We were on the 4th revision when I traded the car in. And I think my Tuner taught you..............Not sure. Next he was going to "Let's give this one a shot before I bump the ramp rate up any."
I thought it was determined to be hitting the revlimiter (predictive perhaps) but maybe I lost track of further investigation.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I thought it was determined to be hitting the revlimiter (predictive perhaps) but maybe I lost track of further investigation.
The Frostbite RedEye was crashing into the rev limiter on 1-2. I did not try to fix that one. But it was suggested to add pressure. Not command the shift sooner.

The Super Stock would hiccup on the 2-3 and did not hit the limiter. It would only do it when the load was high. It was not completing the shift as fast as the program expected and Torque managment was cutting power to speed the shift up.

The Super stock worked great in the 10.15 and up ET's range but any time it was in a situation where it was going to go 10.00 or 9.95 it would begin to hiccup on the 2-3.

@jgilj

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
The Frostbite RedEye was crashing into the rev limiter on 1-2. I did not try to fix that one. But it was suggested to add pressure. Not command the shift sooner.

The Super Stock would hiccup on the 2-3 and did not hit the limiter. It would only do it when the load was high. It was not completing the shift as fast as the program expected and Torque managment was cutting power to speed the shift up.

The Super stock worked great in the 10.15 and up ET's range but any time it was in a situation where it was going to go 10.00 or 9.95 it would begin to hiccup on the 2-3.

@jgilj
I’m very far away from those times, but maybe with negative DA it could be achieved.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
So I would think that would be something pretty straight forward to solve @DRAGRCR since a lot of modded cars are running those times or better without any hiccups. I'd love to get some add'l logs from someone having the problem to see if I could figure it out.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

@jgilj
I don’t have the split second comparisons but on a road course, when it is running exceptional and has great traction, (not a coincidence) like going up the straight at Brainerd it may hiccup in more than one gear. Yes, it happens worse when it is really challenged and has the potential to really snap one off. Oh, sorry for the pun.

I would work with them on a TM compromise. The current program makes it really fall on its face. We do have torque others dream about.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Ron sent me some logs. 100% it's the rev limiter. Plain as day.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What is this "hiccup "?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
ME,,, told me when to drive the H/C thru the garage door before the door went out of warranty. Rest is in book #4 Vol 3. One with the waiting staff of Diamonds Dolls on the scratched hood.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
That was a defuel.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Wow! Sounds like it shuts off.
That was the worst one out of all the Cars I have had. FCA said it was operating as designed.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That was the worst one out of all the Cars I have had. FCA said it was operating as designed.

That looks like my M6 shifting...

... when I'm not in a hurry.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Not hardly. Your tuner can't find it?