Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
That 5° spark advance is gonna be on race gas, so make sure you account for that. At least 100 octane I'm guessing and they'll probably somehow enable the HO mode the Demon has as a safety net.
Actually, I'm most concerned about my local dealer having to do the install and screwing something up....even if it would still be "under warranty". Guess I'll wait for more specifics to come out before I decide.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
local dealer rolling your car out after the pulley install

falling off the rack.gif

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I do not have that feeling about my dealer who has bolted on two replacement superchargers and replaced a block, an oil cooling system and exhaust. It runs much better now and am looking forward to that man upgrading mine. He can handle a pulley, thermostat and software upgrade.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
This question is for the ones that are out of warranty and have been doing mods on their own. Are any of you guys/gals interested in this? I mean, do you see yourself getting any upgrades with a power broker dealer?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
This question is for the ones that are out of warranty and have been doing mods on their own. Are any of you guys/gals interested in this? I mean, do you see yourself getting any upgrades with a power broker dealer?
I'm curious about what it will cost but for the most part I'm probably going my own route with e85.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
I do not have that feeling about my dealer who has bolted on two replacement superchargers and replaced a block, an oil cooling system and exhaust. It runs much better now and am looking forward to that man upgrading mine. He can handle a pulley, thermostat and software upgrade.
After all that work, you guys probably go out to dinner and exchange Christmas cards!

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Even if the cost is higher than the local shop Dodgers draw is it you preserve the warranty
I guess I was proposing that the cost is probably cheaper than the tuner competition. So, this would be a win-win if you trusted the dealer.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I don't see any benefit if you're out of warranty or modded already, unless you just wanted a bit more power and are the type of owner that has the dealer do most things.

With custom tuning you can do a lot more and set the car up for your driving style, adjust it for track conditions, run E85, etc.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I don't see any benefit if you're out of warranty or modded already, unless you just wanted a bit more power and are the type of owner that has the dealer do most things.

With custom tuning you can do a lot more and set the car up for your driving style, adjust it for track conditions, run E85, etc.
My situation is there is no one anywhere close to me except the dealer that can work on these cars. That’s why what little I’ve done, I’ve done myself. Also a reason I’ve not gone so far down the rabbit hole to where if something seriously breaks, I still have a shot at the dealer fixing it. My dealer is pretty cool, they know I have mods and a tune and they still work with me. E85 not so sure? I plan on staying my own path as well, hoping to get the best from both worlds. Thinking maybe redeye/demon axles from them.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was thinking about Stage 3. FLEX-TUNE!

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
I wouldn't let the any dealership around here even change my oil....much less anything else. They did change the oil the first time didnt like doing it because it only had 1000 miles on it and ten left the oil cap off!!! I was fit to be tied

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I wouldn't let the any dealership around here even change my oil....much less anything else. They did change the oil the first time didnt like doing it because it only had 1000 miles on it and ten left the oil cap off!!! I was fit to be tied

Bottom guy in the shop usually does the oil changes...

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Speaking of that; on my way home yesterday I passed by a JiffyLube. Saw a red VW pull out of the front of the shop smoking like a banshee. Smoked up the whole intersection to where you couln't see a thing. At first I thought it was some idiot doing a burn out. He came around the back of the shop and the whole crew rushed over and popped the hood to see WTF happened. I was sitting at the red light watching the whole thing.:eek:
I've seen some high end cars in there getting an oil change.:eek:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My dealership changed the oil under warranty and blew the stereo. Idiots. I had some engine problems at about 900 miles and the rep from the factory came down 3 times to look at it. Kept burning up fuel rails, 3, converters, fuel pumps. He told me that if I tune this car it will blow the warranty. He told me what I could do and more not. I took out an extended warranty do to the engine being out for 2 years. I have learned. But, I met him 4 times and we discussed that particular subject matter.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The owner of the Sniffy Guber has to have sumtin for his kid to do. Torture.

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
one things for damn sure he needs to stay there...he's darn sure on the bottom of my list. I started to tell me go ahead call the sheriff department before I get there at least the charge's would be less for me....

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Insurance will force his skinny ass out. Daddy will get tired of paying the claims and toss his ass back to step mom for Xmas break. She is turning into a wrinkled up whore any way. Sorry Jr,, most of us learned to change oil from the oak tree in the back yard. Kill the grass with the left overs. Good trees.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
The owner of the Sniffy Guber has to have sumtin for his kid to do. Torture.
I will now refer to all quick lube places as 'Sniffy Guber'! My new favorite derogatory nickname! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Awesome.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Like here we have a Quaker Steak and Lube,, car show every Thursday nite. I call it Quacker, Snake, and Gube. Food sucks but the cars are really exspensive. Too much chrome. Semi chrome polish buy the gallons. Did that with the Harleys. Sum body has to shine that shit. I had a guy on the payroll and that is all he did. Bikes and trucks. Till some one shot his sorry ass in south side St Pete.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
My dealership changed the oil under warranty and blew the stereo. Idiots. I had some engine problems at about 900 miles and the rep from the factory came down 3 times to look at it. Kept burning up fuel rails, 3, converters, fuel pumps. He told me that if I tune this car it will blow the warranty. He told me what I could do and more not. I took out an extended warranty do to the engine being out for 2 years. I have learned. But, I met him 4 times and we discussed that particular subject matter.
This warranty talk changes prior understandings and policy. That was BEFORE this announcement.

I change my own oil, even if it is free, I change my own oil.