Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
This is pretty exciting, so it will be $1200 + $400 + $1200, still under 3 grand and my extended warranty/service contract will stay intact? Yes please!

Member ID
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
I'm surprised @DodgeCares hasn't chimed in with some info..
Hi,
As the Customer Care Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your Dodge dealer would be in the position to advise on this inquiry.

Rob
Dodge Cares

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Sounds like great news for RE owners. I have to wonder why Stellantis would just not include it on new Redeyes and use it as a reason for buyers to purchase new. Seems to me that would be more profitable. Maybe the corporation is actually altruistic? Naw.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Hi,
As the Customer Care Team, we do not recommend altering your vehicle outside of factory specifications. However, if you are interested in pursuing aftermarket adjustments, your Dodge dealer would be in the position to advise on this inquiry.

Rob
Dodge Cares
Is this advice as good as the hiccup TSB was?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is pretty exciting, so it will be $1200 + $400 + $1200, still under 3 grand and my extended warranty/service contract will stay intact? Yes please!
I knew you would be in also.

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
You mean the one that sidelined my car for three months and no one at dodge cared about… that one?

Is this advice as good as the hiccup TSB was?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Ok, I missed the part about only being a factory retune. THAT I can see them doing, and preserving the warranty, since they technically still have full control of all performance parameters. I thought someone was saying they would still warranty the car within a certain range of mods and tune for a lump sum.

As far as the manufacturer going after all the performance mod money that has been left on the table for the after market, I've never understood why they hadn't done this before. They can scoop a lot of that money by offering it through a factory option program.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Same PCM in all 18+ cars so realistically there is nothing stopping them from a base hellcat package as well as the redeye packages.

But...factory warranty at 885hp? Hell yeah. Might be enough to make me trade up.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
As far as the manufacturer going after all the performance mod money that has been left on the table for the after market, I've never understood why they hadn't done this before. They can scoop a lot of that money by offering it through a factory option program.
You get it.

Remember, Mopar offered 3 stages of turbo upgrades for the SRT4 Neons back in the day too.

The fact that they didn't bother with the Hellcat once it was released was really short sighted. Then again, Tim K also mentioned at the reveal that something like less than 5% of the Challenger market wanted something crazy. They never imagined the Hellcat being the cash cow it turned out to be.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Sounds like great news for RE owners. I have to wonder why Stellantis would just not include it on new Redeyes and use it as a reason for buyers to purchase new. Seems to me that would be more profitable. Maybe the corporation is actually altruistic? Naw.
They released a car in 2018 and said that was the king.

They pretty much have released everything off of it in some form or another besides the tool kit and skinny tires and big air grabber hood.

838hp on pump gas with a warranty is hilarious.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Final thought is that with the new LT6, there are some credible sources that are saying a twin turbo version of this engine is coming.

850hp was the rumor. I wouldn't be surprised at 900 for a ZR1 pump gas car to send off the ICE performance cars.

I think Dodge has something up their sleeve that will be more than 885hp as well. No way they let GM go without a pass like that.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
Too bad they didn't shoot for 900hp.

And even if it is 885hp, what will the Demon crowd think? They might get a little pissy about Mopar dropping 45 more hp than they have onto the market.
The Demon came out in 2018 that's 4 model years ago as long as dodge doesn't make another DEMON they kept their promise. As far as keeping up with the market trend AKA horsepower wars yeah they have to remain relevant. And if the Demon owners get pissy so be it I met and know some Demon owners that are just car guys with a super cool car but then there are some that are like the corvette /Shelby owners that think they are better than most because the finagled there way into an allocation. And you know the type. in the Shelby world, they have the Shelby hat Shelby jacket Shelby socks buy the super snake package, and then get all pissed off when a local goes to the dyno at shelbyfest and out does their power numbers. That's a true story.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Sounds a lot like a Diablo tuner…
Does a 3.1” pulley make 885hp on a call 2.7 blower?

sc4.6

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
City
Port Stanley
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Challenger Redeye
My understanding is that you will only need to buy the Pre-stage kit and stage 2 kit if you want the 885 hp race gas tune, no need to buy stage 1, so about $2,300 + install. The stage 1 kit is only needed if you plan on sticking to pump gas only, which makes 835 hp.

As for this keeping our factory warranty, we will have to wait for Mopar to make the official announcement on that, I will be adding to cart right away if that is the case.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
I'm kind of glad they are reviving the old direct connection name. Maybe all is not lost.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Same deal w charger redf
eye?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #38
So when someone does this, they going to let me do a read with HP tuners to see what dodge did? :cool:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
This is pretty cool and should have come a long time ago. Pulley and HO tune in a package is great.

However why are so many of you worried about a warranty? It's not like these cars break very often and when they do its relatively cheap to fix them.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Let’s see, mine has broke about half the times we have used it on road courses. Major failures in 2 of 3 years now. That last little problem was as serious as your big one @Speedy!

I appreciate the Dodge coverage to fix my car and respect their rules while it is eligible.