Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Keep an eye out for this upgrade to your 6.2, tuning w/o voiding warranty... WTF!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This is pretty cool and should have come a long time ago. Pulley and HO tune in a package is great.

However why are so many of you worried about a warranty? It's not like these cars break very often and when they do its relatively cheap to fix them.

Ok Mr. #7...

;)

:LOL:

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
so then the Demon version would just about have to include an SC upgrade to the 3.0, plus the 3.17" pulley, slightly higher capacity injectors, PCM and TCM tuning ... for Demon stage 1
and for Demon stage two, Hellephant motor and upgraded trans ... nothing special, just enough to ensure Tmi can keep his promise

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Let’s see, mine has broke about half the times we have used it on road courses. Major failures in 2 of 3 years now. That last little problem was as serious as your big one @Speedy!

I appreciate the Dodge coverage to fix my car and respect their rules while it is eligible.
Interesting, I guess I had forgotten your issues but I guess you got lucky getting things covered that broke with track use since that's technically not covered?

That's true, but honestly the replacement motor wasn't all that much in relative terms and while that has happened to other cars it's still a rare occurrence statistically. Mine broke at the track so wouldn't have been covered either way if I understand the warranty terms correctly.

My view is life is short and I'd rather do what I want to really enjoy the car and not worry with a warranty. If it breaks I'll fix it. I can tell you 100% my enjoyment with the car has rewarded me at least 5X what that motor cost me to replace. I figure eventually I'll break a diff or axle and I'll just replace that when it happens and keep enjoying the car. I keep a "fix the car" fund which is well funded now since I've not had any issues since the engine failure 3 years ago so I may be in a different position.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Interesting, I guess I had forgotten your issues but I guess you got lucky getting things covered that broke with track use since that's technically not covered?

That's true, but honestly the replacement motor wasn't all that much in relative terms and while that has happened to other cars it's still a rare occurrence statistically. Mine broke at the track so wouldn't have been covered either way if I understand the warranty terms correctly.

My view is life is short and I'd rather do what I want to really enjoy the car and not worry with a warranty. If it breaks I'll fix it. I can tell you 100% my enjoyment with the car has rewarded me at least 5X what that motor cost me to replace. I figure eventually I'll break a diff or axle and I'll just replace that when it happens and keep enjoying the car. I keep a "fix the car" fund which is well funded now since I've not had any issues since the engine failure 3 years ago so I may be in a different position.
Technically you cannot race. You may go to the strip and the track. A HPDE day is not racing. That is particularly important and stressed in the safety briefings also.

Same for a Test and Tune event where a singular owner is taking it out and not doing any competition. Similar in the warranty eyes.

Do a “hot lap” that is recorded, or simply bracket race and/or record times for any competitive reason and your racing. Not covered.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Interesting I did not know that.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Wishing and hoping! Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 10.40.10 PM.png

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The Demon came out in 2018 that's 4 model years ago as long as dodge doesn't make another DEMON they kept their promise. As far as keeping up with the market trend AKA horsepower wars yeah they have to remain relevant. And if the Demon owners get pissy so be it I met and know some Demon owners that are just car guys with a super cool car but then there are some that are like the corvette /Shelby owners that think they are better than most because the finagled there way into an allocation. And you know the type. in the Shelby world, they have the Shelby hat Shelby jacket Shelby socks buy the super snake package, and then get all pissed off when a local goes to the dyno at shelbyfest and out does their power numbers. That's a true story.
I know the type and that is what i was referring too.
When the RE came out - there were some angry owners.
Then S/S made it worse.

But Dodge has kept the Demon king so far. But many rumors that GM is coming with 850hp with the ZR1 C8.
And also rumors that Dodge might be bringing an end of a generation special edition etc. I just don't see them sitting idle and they would have to surpass the Demon at some point.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Remember Stellantis isn't really into muscle cars. Not sure if that'll impact plans or not but no more SRT right?

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Remember Stellantis isn't really into muscle cars. Not sure if that'll impact plans or not but no more SRT right?
There is some truth to your point. Stellantis isn‘t as focused on performance across the the whole brand line as their singular Dodge brand still is thus far. I think Dodge did a excellent job trying to appeal to a broad base utilizing only a few vehicle platforms that are simple point A to point B vehicle while appealing to the masses all the way up to raw performance. In addition utilizing the same basic design for many many years, and being grocery getting friendly through out the entire line up.

Put quite simply very few Muscle car rooted vehicles remain available to the public (Bet GM is wishing they didn’t stuff the Chief into the grave so soon, the Pontiac division was synonymous with muscle). FCA must have done extensive market analysis on their Dodge muscle car line they carefully groomed prior to going forward with design/ R&D for the next generational platform. I think that market research data was used to determine the direction of R&D for their inevitable new platform that most think is still a viable market. Stellantis may have acquired a brand line named Dodge that was to far along with R&D money to pull the plug on. I think the question is will they be able to take the next platform to such a wide market base with muscle style, performance, appeal without bastardizing the product as other manufacturers have done and lost their way. I am brand loyal only to a certain point. If they loose their roots I am out.

Last edited:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
This is pretty exciting, so it will be $1200 + $400 + $1200, still under 3 grand and my extended warranty/service contract will stay intact? Yes please!
subscribed.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I hope you're right @Demoniccat I just worry a European car company wont understand the US enthusiast market these cars are aimed at.

My 2009 Challenger was an obvious parts bin car built on a shoestring budget. I think those early models were a market experiment and paved the way for some reasonable investment giving us the Hellcat line.

I hope the success of the Hellcat line affords us one more iteration that keeps its roots as you say. Mine is already 5 years old and I hope there's something to look forward to next.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Same PCM in all 18+ cars so realistically there is nothing stopping them from a base hellcat package as well as the redeye packages.

But...factory warranty at 885hp? Hell yeah. Might be enough to make me trade up.

I would love to see them offer something like this for the base Hellcat, even if it did not have as much HP !

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I’d like to just get the stage 1. I wonder what the torque increase is? If it’s 770 instead of 707 or what that number is? And what’s the torque number for the stage 2? Demon power on pump gas has a nice ring to it.. especially for 1000 bucks or less installed by the local dealer

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ll pay the $1,000 to cure the damn hiccup!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Looking at three Forums this morning. 1pm EST today is the Dodge announcement on Direct Connect and other things. It was posted to be on Dodge.com. Anyone else have some better info before then, help us out.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Actually now that I look at it the stage 1 kit is only 500 dollars less than stage 2... might just be worth going the stage 2.. however I really don’t want to put a smaller pulley on the car to stress the engine more in that manner. I’ve already had my own issues with the pulley.. anyone know if the PSI boost from the supercharger is increased on the stage 1 and 2? If so what’s the new Max output? Is stage 2 running like 17 psi?

Last edited:

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Factory tuner ? I don't know what the current crop of tuners look like and if this is a rebranding of any of them?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Probably a rebranding of a current handheld unit.

Devices are cheap though so maybe Dodge paid them a premium to use it???

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So he mentioned the Demon and parts while showing a converter then I think suspension pieces after it.

Think they offer the Demon stuff the S/S and RE don't have as to make a clone for the strip?
Im pretty sure Tim K said "parts from the Demon" Need to rewatch it.