Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Lil Devils

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
AFAIK, they cover more of the tire but they don’t create any more wheel well space.
Thats probably right.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
20 x 11.5 on the rear.
20 x 10 on front.
NO inner wheel well mods.
Don't know wheel offset, but Bismarck @TRIUMPH worked with Bill @ Phillips to develop a wheel that wouldn't have any issues.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
You realize this is cosmetic only. You put things in the trunk and/or have passengers in the rear you are creating a very dangerous situation. I know from experience. Plus the quality of these sucked. I returned mine. They started bulging in the center. And their painter was bad. Bubbling all over the place. I have more to say. But I will stop for now.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You realize this is cosmetic only. You put things in the trunk and/or have passengers in the rear you are creating a very dangerous situation. I know from experience. Plus the quality of these sucked. I returned mine. They started bulging in the center. And their painter was bad. Bubbling all over the place. I have more to say. But I will stop for now.
Quality was hit or miss with the original versions. I agree that their painter isn't the best either because I received one where the paint bubbled. You have the option to order them unpainted and have any body shop you want paint them.

That being said, the newer versions with magnets fit like a glove. Should have been designed this way from the beginning.

Not sure what you mean with danger with passengers in the vehicle, I've had passengers in my car as well as items in the trunk with no issues.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Extremely dangerous. Bottoms out and will cut tire. Owner admitted to me he never tested it with passengers in rear. And my car is not lowered.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
AFAIK, they cover more of the tire but they don’t create any more wheel well space.
There is no more wheel space inside the fenders. The factory used up all that space. If you want a tire wider than a 305, you have to move the wheel outward at which point your tires will protrude past the fenders and look stupid. The flares help extend the fender width in a subtle way to allow up to a 345 width tire to fit in the fender lines.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Extremely dangerous. Bottoms out and will cut tire. Owner admitted to me he never tested it with passengers in rear. And my car is not lowered.
Never had the issue with mine with passengers in the rear, my car is lowered 1/4".

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
No. That is the problem. The top of the tire sticking out will hit the bottom of the fender. Extremely dangerous. Do not buy this product if you value safety!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
No. That is the problem. The top of the tire sticking out will hit the bottom of the fender. Extremely dangerous. Do not buy this product if you value safety!
But that has nothing to do with the flares.
My 16, I had eibach springs, 10.5 wide wheels, and 3/4 inch spacers. Yes, on bumpy roads the cars fender would hit the tire. But not the flares.
Not trying to argue, but the only thing the flare does is allow the wider tire without looking ridiculous.
It's on the outside of the car, not inside the wheel well. Except for the mounting tabs which align with the wheel well mounting tabs of the car.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
When you advertise that the flare allows you to run the 345 to give you the wide body look then you have a problem. When you state to forum members you are not a business and are only a hobby you have a problem. When a customer complains and the vendor texts you "never ends" you have a problem. It is my strong opinion that you stay away from this product and this vendor. Either buy a wide body or get metal work.

Last edited:

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
When you advertise that the flare allows you to run the 345 to give you the wife body look then you have a problem. When you state to forum members you are not a business and are only a hobby you have a problem. When a customer complains and the vendor texts you "never ends" you have a problem. It is my strong opinion that you stay away from this product and this vendor. Either buy a widebody or get metal work.
Noted and some of your issues are valid. I can't agree with all of what you stated though as a owner of this product. Is it perfect? Nope. Is there a perfect product for standard body owners looking to add more rubber? Nope. You just don't have many options. You can buy an aftermarket widebody kit which from what I've seen on YouTube has FAR more issues than the Phillips flares and you still end up with that stupid Fast and Furious look. Or you can cut up your fenders and go with OEM widebody parts and hope it turns out right because there's no going back and you still end up with that stupid Fast and Furious look. I hate to say it but there's just not many options and I love the way the Phillips flares look. Customer service issues aside and the fact that the original version had fitment problems, the new version is quite good.

Felt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Philadelphia
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Challenger
I called Bill and left a message about getting a refund or discount on the flares I ordered last year but are still NIB. He called me back within an hour and after speaking with him sent me a UPS return label to ship them back in exchange for the new style No questions asked, however as I said they are New In Box. I'm not sure where others are having issues but I thought it was great service and very happy he helped me out all. I was planning on selling them on here at a big discount.
With that being said I noticed today on the web site they are selling for $1495 painted for all 4. So the price has dropped about $400. Unless there is something wrong with the web page. Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 2.37.08 PM.png

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Price has dropped recently, I noticed as well. Also it looks like they're also converting 1st gen flares to the new style flares and selling them at a HUGE discount, it was on the Facebook page.

Last edited:

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
Did you guys really have to post there was a price drop? I caved and ordered...

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #95
Package received today. Little Devils look awesome. The paint matching is spot on. Will install tomorrow. 0BD36C11-E819-458A-BCE4-3FCC05CE7922.jpeg 69D1060E-8E18-4A9A-98C9-E664CE2436D6.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #97
Did not realize your RE was a narrow body.
Of Course I did. I don’t like the wide body look. JMVHO

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #99
The quality has gotten a lot better since the 1st gen. Those literally take 30 min to install.
Another reason I waited.

Davoo376

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
So is there any chance there is a ‘16 slingshot replica that matches the factory rim and just happens to be the perfect offset for these flares? I’d like to go as wide as possible for the rear but really like the stock rim design.