Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Move over Hellaphant, 1150hp DSR

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
what could it do on e85:unsure:

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
I myself have built a few engines in the past using 30 year old blocks and lots of machining time.

I have a Hellephant Mopar in a crate ready for the next project. It is all about heads and parts...at this price I feel this is a great deal.

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I want one!

Think this motor would put my car in the nines and maybe go over 235 mph

For my 2015 Charger Hellcat wondering how much would have to be updated, Transmission, axles, driveshaft, Pcm, tires, fuel pumps, oh well it's fun to dream.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I do agree with speedy in the sense every thing must be spot on with that power and 93 octane or detonation starts at some point. Any one can stuff lots of boost and go down the road with 93 gas, For how long, stuff in lots O boost, it will start pulling timing with STK, if the engine nannies are squelched to much you will pay the price. Very special balance and very few are doing that power level with 93 octane. I did notice there is no implied warranty and 38K
Not surprised on the warranty. Although I have no doubt it’s well built you just never know what stupid things some clowns will do.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've known and worked with AJ for years. If he gives the nod to run it on 93 then it'll run on 93. On E85 it'd make a lot more.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
I want one!

For my 2015 Charger Hellcat wondering how much would have to be updated, Transmission, axles, driveshaft, Pcm, tires, fuel pumps, oh well it's fun to dream.
you only need a pulley to run 9's with supporting mods (fuel system, tune, tires}
Only performance mod on @jonx96 9.64 pass was an upper pulley

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I want one!

Max feel free to reach out if you want 9s. Upper pulley will get you there with some supporting mods

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I've known and worked with AJ for years. If he gives the nod to run it on 93 then it'll run on 93. On E85 it'd make a lot more.
Never doubted for a moment, especially the two names pack some serious credentials, AJ Berge, and Don Schumaker says it all. I was merely pointing out very few can pull it off. Some have said it’s been done and kind of no biggie. I see it different. The fact that the engine appears to be targeted for pump gas suggest street driven and claims extremely durability. I think this motor will be a survivor on th streets and strip. Most certainly be easier to obtain than the unobtanium Hellaphant.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I myself have built a few engines in the past using 30 year old blocks and lots of machining time.

I have a Hellephant Mopar in a crate ready for the next project. It is all about heads and parts...at this price I feel this is a great deal.
keep us posted on that Hellaphant crate. When it gets put in something would like to see build. Heck I wouldn’t mind see picks as the build progresses.Some of the old AMC mills could make some power when built right, they never got the attention they deserved.