Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Over Half Of EV Buyers Will Buy ICE Next

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
Cult members stay in the cult. Regular people are now buying, and half think ICE is a better fit. Probably half of the other 50% just don't want to admit it sucks dealing with an EV.

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
They're now saying up to 1,500 cars damaged or destroyed in the Luton airport car park fire. All the EV ball washers are saying it wasn't a hybrid Range Rover that started it and that all the other EV's that caught on fire had nothing to do with the fire department not being able to extinguish the fire until all the EV's on fire burned out on their own, LOL.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Just what I want in my garage, a Molotov cocktail bomb lol
I wonder if your homeowners insurance goes up if you admit you have one parked in your garage?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Just what I want in my garage, a Molotov cocktail bomb lol
I wonder if your homeowners insurance goes up if you admit you have one parked in your garage?
Wouldn't they have your VIN which would say if you have an EV or not?

And if they don't have higher rates, i'm sure its coming.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Uncle Tony, starts a fire on a wooden table next to torch and his laptop, walks away, "I'll get back to that in a second ..." :LOL:

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
That comment section is just wonderfully entertaining.
The EV crowd and their air of superiority over ICE makes me laugh.

Some jerk off with a 224k mile Lexus bitching about it costing 90k on top of the 60k purchase price.
Did he have a dealer do all the work?
Why keep something for that many miles/years if you can't do the work.
Are they expecting a Tesla or any EV to go 224k without any major work needed?

Bias is a wonderful thing LOL

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Poor's and middle class need not apply.

According to ValuePenguin analysis, the average cost to insure a Tesla is $3,947 a year.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This EV craze may not be all bad.

Our delusional governor announced that all state owned vehicles should be EVs by '35. Since that would include the State Police and Sheriff (hopefully not the fire departments), it'd be painfully easy not to get caught on the roads here.

Unless I'm at a 1/4 tank (unlikely) and the cop is in a fully charged vehicle (impossible unless it was transported in) I wouldn't have to drive far before the EV would have an empty battery.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Cult Members, stay dare. Weeza normal peoples need sumtin 2 shuut at. Keep flyin doze fag flags so wee have a guud targetz. Shot gunz R great but da AKs and ARs bee a little tuff sight 10 inn. Ass pastally inn da dark, but tracers will wurk. Youz kritters will drop like vamps, so keeper up and sea. Dumb assezs.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
after reading it it looks like most are going to buy an ev again ,,how about never own one in the first place

i saw a hummer ev truck this weekend was 115k :eek:
But could you buy it for 115k?
Those were selling for 200k not that long ago

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
But could you buy it for 115k?
Those were selling for 200k not that long ago
it was on the sticker but i couldnt buy for that because first it an EV and second im pO :ROFLMAO:

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Our delusional governor announced that all state owned vehicles should be EVs by '35. Since that would include the State Police and Sheriff (hopefully not the fire departments), it'd be painfully easy not to get caught on the roads here.

Unless I'm at a 1/4 tank (unlikely) and the cop is in a fully charged vehicle (impossible unless it was transported in) I wouldn't have to drive far before the EV would have an empty battery.
Sure, but they have radios, and additional troopers with fully charged batteries in theirs...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southaven
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Durango
Poor's and middle class need not apply.

According to ValuePenguin analysis, the average cost to insure a Tesla is $3,947 a year.
Holy crap!!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Sure, but they have radios, and additional troopers with fully charged batteries in theirs...
Aside from that their radios don't work in many places around here, much like cell phones, it's doubtful that the other two State Police units would sit fully charged at the station waiting for a call.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Aside from that their radios don't work in many places around here, much like cell phones, it's doubtful that the other two State Police units would sit fully charged at the station waiting for a call.
They will buy 1000's of cars so there is always another within a 150 mile radius charged & waiting to take the hand off & continue the chase :rolleyes:

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

The wicked witch of Santa Fe left an exception in there for law enforcement and emergency vehicles to remain ICE.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
They will buy 1000's of cars so there is always another within a 150 mile radius charged & waiting to take the hand off & continue the chase :rolleyes:
That I doubt. But what's working against me is that within 50-100 miles they'll know who it is anyway.

Okay, it could be my girlfriend, since the cars look a lot alike, but she wouldn't try to outrun them.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Uncle Tony, starts a fire on a wooden table next to torch and his laptop, walks away, "I'll get back to that in a second ..." :LOL:

That's great and I have a Hummer EV on order with one of the largest battery packs in a production truck. What could wrong with it parked in my garage....