Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picking up a M6 Hellcat

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
2016 with 22k miles. Spoke with the seller this morning and he is ready to let it go, which I’m very happy about because he has really taken good care of this car. Also has some other cool old muscle cars in his garage.

Hopefully it’ll be in my garage in about 3 weeks.

View attachment 60448 View attachment 60449
FN Beautiful!! Congrats!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I did, thanks for the offer. I’m going to video chat with him in a few moments and go through the car. Plus, even though it’s a 2016, it sold in 2017 so it still has some powertrain warranty on it.

With low mileage, chatting with the seller for about a week, and seeing the other cars he keeps in his garage, I’m not too worried about it. When a guy has his wheels ceramic coated I feel pretty confident the rest of the car will be just as pictured.

If there is any major mechanical issues that pop up, they’ll be covered under powertrain. If it’s something else, I’m still better off spending the money to fix it than spend the money to fly out there, get a hotel, and lose 2 days worth of time I could’ve used for something else.
I thought everybody ceramic coated their wheels. So does that make me strange? Don’t answer that.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
I thought everybody ceramic coated their wheels. So does that make me strange? Don’t answer that.
No, that isn’t what makes you strange…

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Hey my daughter will gladly go do the inspection and drive it back to my place😁
60ED4E29-8EDF-44C1-895F-FC8735AB8AC8.jpeg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I’ve actually already found the car and we’ve agreed upon a fair price. Sounds like it’s a done deal but the seller wants a day to make sure he is ready to sell.

It’s across the country and I’ll ask the seller to drop it off at Dodge for a pre-purchase inspection that I’ll pay for. Other than that, what’s the best way to safely make this transaction happen? Anyone ever use an online escrow service?

I’ve seen plenty of pics and as long as the inspection comes back good I’ll likely just wire money and arrange shipping. Any recommendations on shipping companies?
Congrats, I would fly to where it's at & drive it home.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
Congrats, I would fly to where it's at & drive it home.
If I had time I would but it’s in PA and I’m in UT. And this time of year, high probability it would end up stuck on/off the road somewhere haha.

Gonna have to ship it.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If I had time I would but it’s in PA and I’m in UT. And this time of year, high probability it would end up stuck on/off the road somewhere haha.

Gonna have to ship it.
Yeah that would be quite a trip.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
One I wouldm't sighn up for. Definition of 1 hell of a trip.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #49
The Satin hood is a winner in my book!

:unsure:

;)
Funny story…we’ve been going back and forth for a week, he didn’t have this car advertised but hinted towards maybe selling. So we decide on a fair price and I tell him I want to think about it.

He checked in a few days later and asked what I thought, told him I was on the fence and not to wait for me to make a decision if he had other offers. He then sent me this pic below and my next response was “ok, I’ll take it!”.

Something about this pic made it for me. Then he said “well crap, guess I’m not really sure I want to sell. Can I think about it?” Haha and of course I said yes.

EA74E788-18E1-440C-A421-CA2300445BD1.jpeg All worked out in the end.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Well, I’m buying another Hellcat and I’m determined to get a six speed this time. My last Hellcat was an A8 and I liked it enough but miss the experience of a manual transmission.

Anything problematic with them? Haven’t heard of issues other than I’m sure the clutch won’t last long if you beat on it all the time.

Won’t be my daily and traffic won’t be an issue, any other considerations? What about resale? Not as desired as the A8 I assume.

Never driven one either, any comments on driveability with stock clutch and flywheel?

Only issue with them is they're slower than the A8.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Which year is it? I believe the clutch pedal was called "Baby Elephant" from 2015-2017 since the pedal is pretty stiff (compared to modern cars). At least in my 2017, the pedal is definitely stiff and shorter travel than any other manual I've driven. I had to move my Viper around over the weekend, and haven't driven it in a couple of months. When I went to pushed the clutch pedal, I thought it was broke. It felt so damn soft when compared to my Hellcat.

Definitely not a deal breaker by any means...might just take some time getting used to.

And as Old Mopar mentioned, the CDV delete is 100% a must, if it wasn't done already. When I got mine with the CDV still intact, it actually had me questioning my purchase. It literally makes the car have an inconsistent engagement point. Say you're making a right hand turn with traffic coming...the engagement point can be different than where you thought it would be and you can either stall or essentially dump the clutch and be sideways. The second I pulled the F'r out, it was a dramatic difference.

Honestly, I just love driving this car in manual. It's a real nice experience. Every time I drive it, I truly affirm how happy I was not to get an A8.

I'm pretty sure I have a stock shifter, and have zero problems with it. I've never missed a shift and seems pretty crisp to me. Old Mopar, we have to link up one day...I'd love to feel how the Barton is. Everyone says it's great, but I'm definitely not unhappy with what I have.

Also, I think resale may actually go up on these, since you can't order a manual any more. There are lot's of people waiting...but Dodge still claims they have some emission issue with the M6. Don't know how true that is, but if they don't make any more manuals, than I see them keeping their value. Hardcore manual guys like myself would pay extra just to have a manual.

Good luck!
If you're man enough to own the M6 dodge wants.to help you with that left leg extension work out.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m looking at a low mileage 2016 right now. The car won’t see any track use, it’ll just be a fun car to have for my family and give me something to do in the garage haha.

My 3 year old son is starting to love cars and monster trucks and stuff, so I know he’ll love getting in the car with me and hearing the engine roar and having a little fun around town.

My Father is about to retire and he needs a little nudge to get back into his muscle car days of the 60s and 70s, so I think this could be a cool thing for us as well (once I buy another, he’ll make it about 6 months before buying something haha).

Needless to say, we’ll have fun but I won’t be beating the crap out of it, probably not launching it (much), and just can’t wait to work on it in the garage with my son.
Buying the car for the family.... riggghhhhttt. Did you tell that to your wife? ;)

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #53
If you're man enough to own the M6 dodge wants.to help you with that left leg extension work out.
Yeah, I used that argument to justify buying my last one which was an A8, because my car prior to that was a 392 Shaker with an M6 and it was a blast to drive.

Even if a bit slower, for me, I think the M6 is a more fun driving experience. Guess I’m about to find out.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

Gonna have to ship it.
I'll pick it up and bring it straight to your door via EU, russkiland, Alaska, and california

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
Buying the car for the family.... riggghhhhttt. Did you tell that to your wife? ;)
She said she’s going to wear her red lingerie tonight to match the color of the car, so I guess it’s working…

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good fer you. My hole car is satin black except for the calipers, cat's heads, and Dodge on the rear end. All red unless you look under the hood. Painted red and black powder coated.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I think once you have that beautiful M6, you will never wanna let it get away! Burly, stout, engaging....fun every time!

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #58
Scheduled the shipping company to pickup the car on Jan 10th. Should be in my garage a week later.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Congrats!!!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Funny story…we’ve been going back and forth for a week, he didn’t have this car advertised but hinted towards maybe selling. So we decide on a fair price and I tell him I want to think about it.

He checked in a few days later and asked what I thought, told him I was on the fence and not to wait for me to make a decision if he had other offers. He then sent me this pic below and my next response was “ok, I’ll take it!”.

Something about this pic made it for me. Then he said “well crap, guess I’m not really sure I want to sell. Can I think about it?” Haha and of course I said yes.

View attachment 60467 All worked out in the end.
She is an awesome looker, Christmas all over.