Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye 1/4 mile times list

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #141
Thanks Mark, I wish you could come!
Me too. If the track is still open in November I will come again. I can't come this weekend or next but the weekend after.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I finally got to run on a decent surface along w the best air we've seen around here this year. New personal bests along w a nice degree of consistency.
Runs were made at Music City(Nashville) and DA was 700 ft. P1030830 (Copy).JPG P1030831 (Copy).JPG

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@TNREDEYE some of us are headed to Beech Bend Nov 9. You should join us!

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #144
I finally got to run on a decent surface along w the best air we've seen around here this year. New personal bests along w a nice degree of consistency.
Runs were made at Music City(Nashville) and DA was 700 ft. View attachment 5585 View attachment 5586
Your new time has been added. Congrats on your PB. Nice 60

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
A new PB with a DA at 6000, but not the 10.99 I want. May be out of reach stock. Car is consistent and holds its temperature steady between runs, still on the 275/40s and didn’t have race gas in the tank for these runs. Oil consumption seems to have stopped. 1900 miles on it.

Attachments

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #146
A new PB with a DA at 6000, but not the 10.99 I want. May be out of reach stock. Car is consistent and holds its temperature steady between runs, still on the 275/40s and didn’t have race gas in the tank for these runs. Oil consumption seems to have stopped. 1900 miles on it.
Your new time has been added. Keep chipping away you will get there. With a set of 17" Racestars and 305 ETR's that run would have been better then 10.99.

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
I took a journey to get to this point. During the summer I had a 2.85 upper, 180 degree thermostat, catless mids installed. I also had suspension links installed so my 17" rims would fit. To be honest, I was pretty bummed out with a rating of 714 rwhp on the Mustang dyno. This was from a baseline dyno of 616 rwhp. I think they called the dyno a 'heart breaker'. I received the tune and the work was done by Peitz Performance near Katy, Texas. This car only has a 93 octane tune.

I took the car and made some passes as is at Lone Star MOPAR Fest in early October when the DA was around +2,000. It was a hot and miserable day at Houston Raceway Park. My best time that day was 10.424 @ 133.94 and considering I had a 2.85 pulley I expected a lot better time.

I had been thinking about getting a set of Demon springs, but don't have the tools or knowledge to install them. Luckily I have a buddy who is a mechanic so I bought the Demon springs and had them installed.

I was invited to a track rental at Houston Raceway Park on November 3 and looking at the weather reports, it appeared we would have real good weather. When I arrived I was first in line and the guys there were doing an outstanding job of prepping the track. I have full seats and full weight and the only prep I do was putting the Mickey R's (305/45/17) at 18 psi.

Since on only prior runs had a PB of 10.424 my goal was to get into the real low 10's, maybe in the 10.teens or even 10.zeros. I figured that only in a dream would I get into the high 9's.

So the track was ready and I lined 'em up. My Mickey's made a nice smoke show. As the green light went on, I revved up the car then launched hard. No spin, no nothing, but haul ass down the 1320 feet.

I knew I had made a great pass, but I didn't know what the time slip said as the time slips were at the starting line. Since I was the only one running, I made another immediate pass and this one felt the same as the first one. Pure hard launch, no spinning, no wheel hop. I did notice I was going into 5 th gear real near the end of the quarter mile, maybe about 50 feet from the end the car shifted.

I parked my car and walked over to the clip board and got both time slips, and there it was, the glorious 9.991 @ 136.95. I was literally blown away with the 60 foot times of 1.453 and 1.454 on the runs. There is no doubt in my mind that the Demon springs allowed my car a lot better launch than before I had them installed.

The question is this..........Do I have a 9 second car? Yes I do, however it took negative DA to get the time slip. As the day warmed up and the weather got hotter, I made a 10.07 and a 10.16 pass, which shows how much of a difference DA makes. Was my 9 second pass a 'hero' pass.........NO, because I was immediately backed up with a 10.02 and a 10.07 pass. Had I made the 9.991 pass followed up with 10.2 or 10.3 passes, then I would say I made a 'hero' pass.

9 SECOND SLIP.jpg

Last edited:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I took a journey to get to this point. During the summer I had a 2.85 upper, 180 degree thermostat, catless mids installed. I also had suspension links installed so my 17" rims would fit. To be honest, I was pretty bummed out with a rating of 714 rwhp on the Mustang dyno. This was from a baseline dyno of 616 rwhp. I think they called the dyno a 'heart breaker'. I received the tune and the work was done by Peitz Performance near Katy, Texas. This car only has a 93 octane tune.

I took the car and made some passes as is at Lone Star MOPAR Fest in early October when the DA was around +2,000. It was a hot and miserable day at Houston Raceway Park. My best time that day was 10.424 @ 133.94 and considering I had a 2.85 pulley I expected a lot better time.

I had been thinking about getting a set of Demon springs, but don't have the tools or knowledge to install them. Luckily I have a buddy who is a mechanic so I bought the Demon springs and had them installed.

I was invited to a track rental at Houston Raceway Park on November 3 and looking at the weather reports, it appeared we would have real good weather. When I arrived I was first in line and the guys there were doing an outstanding job of prepping the track. I have full seats and full weight and the only prep I do was putting the Mickey R's (305/45/17) at 18 psi.

Since on only prior runs had a PB of 10.424 my goal was to get into the real low 10's, maybe in the 10.teens or even 10.zeros. I figured that only in a dream would I get into the high 9's.

So the track was ready and I lined 'em up. My Mickey's made a nice smoke show. As the green light went on, I revved up the car then launched hard. No spin, no nothing, but haul ass down the 1320 feet.

I knew I had made a great pass, but I didn't know what the time slip said as the time slips were at the starting line. Since I was the only one running, I made another immediate pass and this one felt the same as the first one. Pure hard launch, no spinning, no wheel hop. I did notice I was going into 5 th gear real near the end of the quarter mile, maybe about 50 feet from the end the car shifted.

I parked my car and walked over to the clip board and got both time slips, and there it was, the glorious 9.991 @ 136.95. I was literally blown away with the 60 foot times of 1.453 and 1.454 on the runs. There is no doubt in my mind that the Demon springs allowed my car a lot better launch than before I had them installed.

The question is this..........Do I have a 9 second car? Yes I do, however it took negative DA to get the time slip. As the day warmed up and the weather got hotter, I made a 10.07 and a 10.16 pass, which shows how much of a difference DA makes. Was my 9 second pass a 'hero' pass.........NO, because I was immediately backed up with a 10.02 and a 10.07 pass. Had I made the 9.991 pass followed up with 10.2 or 10.3 passes, then I would say I made a 'hero' pass.

View attachment 6041
Congrats on your new pb!!
Nice passes. You have a 9sec RE now, you ran the number and backed it up. Even though I don't need that to say I ran whatever. It's always fun to be able to back it up. Well done. 😎😎😎
Please share more as I am likely done until may as it snowed last night. I didn't even get a shot at the great da we can get here.😕😢

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #149

View attachment 6041
Your time has been added. Congrats on your PB. Please let me know what gear you have and the DA. Also check to make sure I added all the info correctly.

Just saw it in your signature -325

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Your time has been added. Congrats on your PB. Please let me know what gear you have and the DA. Also check to make sure I added all the info correctly.

Just saw it in your signature -325
I have the 3.09 gear.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images

View attachment 6041
Congrats on your PB!. I'm skeptical of the Demon springs (or others versions of them as well). I can't tell how much they help your 60ft. I didn't like the Carlyle ones because they made the front end sit higher than the rear on Challengers. Looks like you got the HHP ones though? I think they claim theirs sit just like the Demon ones, if so it should overall sit higher front/rear. I've hit a personal best 60ft of 1.47x (backed it up a few times), so I don't know how much these will help or if they will add to better consistency of 60ft?

Also what fuel and fuel mods are you running? Injectors and baps? You running E85? If so, flex tune (pump gas and e85) or you running E85 all the time? Do you know what the what the injector duty cycle is (If you are running stock fuel pumps)?

I appreciate the help! I'm trying to figure out what these stock pumps with baps can do (Safely) before you need to upgrade to a different fuel pump setup. I'm also trying to figure out what the smallest upper pulley you can run without having to switch to E85 permanently (lose the ability to run on pump).

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Congrats on your PB!. I'm skeptical of the Demon springs (or others versions of them as well). I can't tell how much they help your 60ft. I didn't like the Carlyle ones because they made the front end sit higher than the rear on Challengers. Looks like you got the HHP ones though? I think they claim theirs sit just like the Demon ones, if so it should overall sit higher front/rear. I've hit a personal best 60ft of 1.47x (backed it up a few times), so I don't know how much these will help or if they will add to better consistency of 60ft?
I think for the money the Demon springs are a great value for helping the all important 60 foot times. Yes, I got mine from HHP.

Also what fuel and fuel mods are you running? Injectors and baps? You running E85? If so, flex tune (pump gas and e85) or you running E85 all the time? Do you know what the what the injector duty cycle is (If you are running stock fuel pumps)?
I just simply run a 93 tune on a Red Eye.

I appreciate the help! I'm trying to figure out what these stock pumps with baps can do (Safely) before you need to upgrade to a different fuel pump setup. I'm also trying to figure out what the smallest upper pulley you can run without having to switch to E85 permanently (lose the ability to run on pump).
My tuner told me 2.85 was as low as I could safely go with any additives.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I think for the money the Demon springs are a great value for helping the all important 60 foot times. Yes, I got mine from HHP.
Do you know if an alignment is needed after spring install?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Believe 11.1 is the mark for ur setup. Great time!

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
Do you know if an alignment is needed after spring install?
Yes, just to be safe.

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Congrats! That's killer! I wanted to make it out during the MoparFest but wasn't able to. Glad you were able to make it out later with better weather.

Yes, like I mentioned during my rounds of mods, some are dynoing well while others not so much but the ET/MPH are showing where the improvements lie. Not sure what other tuners are doing IF using the Redeye ECU but we're under the impression it's a TM issue with the front wheels being static. Looking forward to shooting my through soon as well.

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #157

I have the real demon springs in a box in my office. I have not installed them yet because I think the car has more in it stock. I have also done multiple 1.47s like you. My best was 1.474. Frenchat has gone 1.438 stock and Austinwilliamson84 has done got a 10.01 in the 1/4 with the Demon springs, lakewood 50/50s and some weight reduction. I think that might be the key, demon springs with new shocks. I am keeping my car stock until I run at least 10.2 with just rear wheels setup. Then my parts go on. I have a bunch of parts already purchased siting in my office.

Here is my mod the list of parts I have but have not installed so far.

Demon springs
Arc angel lightweight battery
AFE full race cat back exhaust
Racestar skinnies

Mods that I intend to purchase in the future.

Adjustable toe links
Cradle lock out
DIRS
Dual BAP plug and play
3.17 Litens no tune
Lakewood 50/50s or some other brand of drag shocks.

With those mods I think I should be running 9s without a tune.

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Mark,why add adjustable toe links, we already have toe links in front and rear toe adjustment?

OP
Markp

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #159
Mark,why add adjustable toe links, we already have toe links in front and rear toe adjustment?
Rear heavy duty adjustable toe links is what I am talking about. The factory toe link is very sloppy. The heavy duty chromoly ones will tighten everything up for better launch and better consistency.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I have the real demon springs in a box in my office. I have not installed them yet because I think the car has more in it stock. I have also done multiple 1.47s like you. My best was 1.474. Frenchat has gone 1.438 stock and Austinwilliamson84 has done got a 10.01 in the 1/4 with the Demon springs, lakewood 50/50s and some weight reduction. I think that might be the key, demon springs with new shocks. I am keeping my car stock until I run at least 10.2 with just rear wheels setup. Then my parts go on. I have a bunch of parts already purchased siting in my office.

Here is my mod the list of parts I have but have not installed so far.

Demon springs
Arc angel lightweight battery
AFE full race cat back exhaust
Racestar skinnies

Mods that I intend to purchase in the future.

Adjustable toe links
Cradle lock out
DIRS
Dual BAP plug and play
3.17 Litens no tune
Lakewood 50/50s or some other brand of drag shocks.

With those mods I think I should be running 9s without a tune.
Yeah I think next year I may try the HHP's drag springs or OEM Demon springs. I'm likely going to give it until 2021 until I tune my car. Put some more miles on her and get more experience with the stock power. Gives me time to decide on what exactly I want to do.

Personally I wouldn't run that 3.17 without a tune. I know Litens says you can do it, but I wouldn't trust any added amount of boost without a tune (just to be on the safe side).