Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye upgrade

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not sure on that. The description in HPT isn't much help. It says "Maximum input shaft torque limit during slip". But I don't know what "slip" is.

Factory 2016 Hellcat is 443 for that value and the factory 2018 Hellcat tune file doesn't even have it, or at least not in the same spot in the cal.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Not understanding "max torque limit slip". Does that mean the Demon allows a certain amount of slip up to 959 then has max pressure and the RE does the same up to 339 then adds max pressure? Thanks.
Is this not because the Redeye doesn't have the transrbake?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm not sure on that. The description in HPT isn't much help. It says "Maximum input shaft torque limit during slip". But I don't know what "slip" is.

Factory 2016 Hellcat is 443 for that value and the factory 2018 Hellcat tune file doesn't even have it, or at least not in the same spot in the cal.
I thought maybe they delayed max pressure to alleviate driveline shock/ breakage and launch control on the Demon , being it was released as basically a dedicated drag car. Although that would be harder on the clutches. I have read the A8's are basically the same but the Demon has a looser converter. Surprised that even the other settings were the same.