Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
All this work and I only got 1 pound out of this seat bracket. I spent about 4 hours on this. You have to love those Blair Cutters. They cut and cut and cut and cut..........I gave some of the weight back, because I upgraded the bolts from four grade 5, 1/4" bolts to four Grade 8, 5/16" nylock nuts and bolts. I just could not see four 1/4" bolts holding the seat tracks (2 ea) to this bracket being strong enough in a crash.

. View attachment 15241
Lotta' work and I agree. I over engineer everything (trying to lighten up on that the older I'm getting). BUT they do lift engines up on a carb plate with those 4 small studs. Still, I wouldn't trust it either. Your weight plus inertia at speed adds up to quite a lot. Maybe @BULL could calculate that I can't. LOL.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Attachments

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Lotta' work and I agree. I over engineer everything (trying to lighten up on that the older I'm getting). BUT they do lift engines up on a carb plate with those 4 small studs. Still, I wouldn't trust it either. Your weight plus inertia at speed adds up to quite a lot. Maybe @BULL could calculate that I can't. LOL.
I am more worried about shear as in the initial impact of a collision as opposed to tension via a rollover etc.....

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Love my Indigo!

Attachments

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Well, I recieved some really good news yesterday. The Indigo Blue car that is my backup plan car and has my name on it as a sold car is on a Rail Car in the US ! I was told it is passing through Kansas City MO. That is a huge milestone, because up till now I did not know if either car would ship from the Upfitter in Windsor. Now it looks like both cars will ship to the dealers , UNLESS the upfitter suddenly closes in the mean time.

So the plan is to stay pat and wait until the Indigo Blue car arrives at the dealership. At that point if the Frostbite ordered car is on a train, I am going to give my salesman on the Indigo car the chance to steal the deal. But he has to absolutely KILL it on the price. Not sure if he will do that or not. The reason is the Indigo car has NAV, that I do not want, VS the Frostbite car that has the rear seat delete that only cost $1 and the SRT Spoiler that I do want. So even though the Indigo car is $201 cheaper MSRP it will cose me about $1000 out of pocket to add the SRT Spoiler and the Rear Seat Delete group and that is with me doing the work.

If the Frostbite car is not advancing and on a Train, I will probably make the best deal I can on the Indigo car and drive it. I figure I have 2-3 weeks before that happens. That should be plenty of time for the Upfitter to finish it and ship it out.

I want that Frostbite car because it is setup exactly how I want. BUT, that Indigo Blue IS one of my top color choices.
. View attachment 15240
I'm glad a Redeye is ending up working out for you, you know a 1320 would have been fun, and the 392/A8 is a great combo for street and strip, never feels slow and works hard, consistent, goes A to B really quick every time. I loved my Scat Pack and won a ton of street races with it as I always hdd drag radials on it...and I agree with you, a good driver with a Scat/SRT or 1320 can all lay similar times with equal mods so a Scat is really all you need there. I actually really like the Shakers and would try to get into one of those if I ever got a 392 Challenger again. Having had a 392 and now a Redeye, even daily driving on drag radials, this is definitely too much power to be consistent with. but man when it's good it's REALLY good! I'm glad someone like you is getting into a regular body Redeye to show what these can do, I really think they are the sleepers of the modern Challengers now and can be had for a really great price! I got my '19 for $15k below sticker and I am so thrilled with it! :) Good luck and enjoy whichever one you get, it's a total win win with either car!!!

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I'm glad a Redeye is ending up working out for you, you know a 1320 would have been fun, and the 392/A8 is a great combo for street and strip, never feels slow and works hard, consistent, goes A to B really quick every time. I loved my Scat Pack and won a ton of street races with it as I always hdd drag radials on it...and I agree with you, a good driver with a Scat/SRT or 1320 can all lay similar times with equal mods so a Scat is really all you need there. I actually really like the Shakers and would try to get into one of those if I ever got a 392 Challenger again. Having had a 392 and now a Redeye, even daily driving on drag radials, this is definitely too much power to be consistent with. but man when it's good it's REALLY good! I'm glad someone like you is getting into a regular body Redeye to show what these can do, I really think they are the sleepers of the modern Challengers now and can be had for a really great price! I got my '19 for $15k below sticker and I am so thrilled with it! :) Good luck and enjoy whichever one you get, it's a total win win with either car!!!
Eric, what size drag radials u runni'n for the daily? Also, stock rims with the DR's? Thanks.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Eric, what size drag radials u runni'n for the daily? Also, stock rims with the DR's? Thanks.
My guess is a 305/35R20 ET STREET SS on a stock rim.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
All these cars are excellent cars. I am glad you and I have had these experiences so I know you "get it". Every once in a while I have a momentary flash of regret for selling the Demon. But the best way to get over breaking up with your Girlfriend is to get a new Girlfriend. I really hope the Frostbite Car I ordered comes through. I am thinking it is my best choice, and will be the least amount of work, obviously. Thanks for the kind words.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Every once in a while I have a momentary flash of regret for selling the Demon. But the best way to get over breaking up with your Girlfriend is to get a new Girlfriend.

Two new girlfriends Ron,teach em all a lesson🥺

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Actually I am running 275/40R20 on the stock 9.5 inch rims. I had Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S and they are really pretty good. At 5500 miles they were bald and I just picked up a pair of Nitto NT555Rs slightly used for a great price and have those on now. They definitely do not hook as good as the Mickeys, but I know they will still perform well at the drag strip...but they spin a lot more on the street and I have to work much more to pedal the car in street races ;)

Will definitely get back into some Mickeys this summer or fall when these are done. Will try to get the tire place to put on 305/35s too...there was an issue that first time so I had to get 275/40s...which actually work pretty well in the Mickeys, but more tire is always better! ;)

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Actually I am running 275/40R20 on the stock 9.5 inch rims. I had Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S and they are really pretty good. At 5500 miles they were bald and I just picked up a pair of Nitto NT555Rs slightly used for a great price and have those on now. They definitely do not hook as good as the Mickeys, but I know they will still perform well at the drag strip...but they spin a lot more on the street and I have to work much more to pedal the car in street races ;)

Will definitely get back into some Mickeys this summer or fall when these are done. Will try to get the tire place to put on 305/35s too...there was an issue that first time so I had to get 275/40s...which actually work pretty well in the Mickeys, but more tire is always better! ;)
That's why I asked. The pics of you at the track looked like the tires were tucked in pretty good on the stock narrow body. thanks for the reply. I don't want to steal Ron's thread so I'll leave it. Thanks, to you and Ron.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
That's why I asked. The pics of you at the track looked like the tires were tucked in pretty good on the stock narrow body. thanks for the reply. I don't want to steal Ron's thread so I'll leave it. Thanks, to you and Ron.
My threads are a free for all as long as you behave. One reason is someone should not have to start a thread just to ask a single question. Or two...........And a PM does not help anyone else.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Also I got some mind blowing news today. Something I had already suspected would be possible but today I think it was confirmed......

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Also I got some mind blowing news today. Something I had already suspected would be possible but today I think it was confirmed......
????? :unsure:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I think the car I ordered for myself that is Frostbite Blue is likely on the SAME Train car as my Backup Car, indigo blue RedEye.

I was told on Saturday that the Indigo Blue car was passing through Kansas City MO.

Today I hit up the Owner of Ellis Dodge in Glendale CA that ordered my car asking for my order status code and location and ETA of my car. He responded within 5 minutes with a one word Email. "Kansas".

So my ordered car was not stuck at the Upfitter in Windsor, and is on it's way to the dealer. So cool........

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I think the car I ordered for myself that is Frostbite Blue is likely on the SAME Train car as my Backup Car, indigo blue RedEye.

I was told on Saturday that the Indigo Blue car was passing through Kansas City MO.

Today I hit up the Owner of Ellis Dodge in Glendale CA that ordered my car asking for my order status code and location and ETA of my car. He responded within 5 minutes with a one word Email. "Kansas".

So my ordered car was not stuck at the Upfitter in Windsor, and is on it's way to the dealer. So cool........
Decisions, decisions. LOL

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
First world problems - even in these crazy times.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
So are they dealing on 2020 Redeyes yet?