Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So are they dealing on 2020 Redeyes yet?
Oh yeah people seems to be doing ~$15k below sticker coupled with very low rates.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Dealerships are closed here except for Service Departments.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Home made spacers/washers for the seat install. 0327201723a.jpg

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
My actual seat installed on the seat bracket ready to go. I like the dual locking sliders. It all feels solid like OEM. The spacers are in case I need to raise the seat up. I know @Marc W had to raise his Braum seat and I wanted to be ready for that if necessary. It feels low sitting in the living room........
. 0405201404a.jpg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
That's a nice seat.

But I LOL'd @ "It feels low sitting in the living room........ " :p

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Oh yeah people seems to be doing ~$15k below sticker coupled with very low rates.
Called on one in FL that had all the options i wanted and a couple more.

3 grand under sticker was all they would move when asked.
Asking about PD and i was told they would get back to me. Never did.

I am seeing more and more listed for sale so im thinking Dodge just dumped a bunch of these cars before shutdown

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Dealerships are closed here except for Service Departments.
Most are here. Well, not totally closed. If i wanted to buy a car, i have to make an appointment and state what i am after. They will send you on a test drive by yourself and do all paperwork via fed ex as to not have to sit in a finance office and wait.

I see potential of this virus really changing the new car buying experience. Wife is close on finally getting her Jeep and she loves not having to deal with the sales process. Its almost as simple as click and buy

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I see potential of this virus really changing the new car buying experience. Wife is close on finally getting her Jeep and she loves not having to deal with the sales process. Its almost as simple as click and buy
I actually disagree with that. Once all of this dies down I think people will go back to buying their vehicles in person. One look at the success of remote-buying car businesses pre-KungFlu will show you that people for the most part aren't yet comfortable making that kind of purchase remotely. I guess we'll see..lol.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My actual seat installed on the seat bracket ready to go. I like the dual locking sliders. It all feels solid like OEM. The spacers are in case I need to raise the seat up. I know @Marc W had to raise his Braum seat and I wanted to be ready for that if necessary. It feels low sitting in the living room........
. View attachment 15445
Ok. Be honest. You made racing noises when you were sitting on the living room floor.... 😁

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Ok. Be honest. You made racing noises when you were sitting on the living room floor.... 😁
... all while holding that imaginary steering wheel and mashing those imaginary pedals!!

Vrooooommmmm!!! ;)(y)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
. View attachment 15445
I just hung out with a friend yesterday who took delivery of his new '20 redeye, couple neat changes for 2020 is the leather dash that's lined with double stitching - I don't know if that's standard or not, but he did have the upgraded leather option and the dash was f'in beautiful! - also the hood nostrils have new inserts that have mesh in the middle(didn't love that but it's hardly visible because it's so recessed) but they are bolted in now from the underside of the hood so they shouldn't fly off at high speeds now...

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I just hung out with a friend yesterday who took delivery of his new '20 redeye, couple neat changes for 2020 is the leather dash that's lined with double stitching - I don't know if that's standard or not, but he did have the upgraded leather option and the dash was f'in beautiful! - also the hood nostrils have new inserts that have mesh in the middle(didn't love that but it's hardly visible because it's so recessed) but they are bolted in now from the underside of the hood so they shouldn't fly off at high speeds now...
Good to hear about the hood scoops. I think a Matt Black hood on a Frostbite RedEye would look good. So I may have my hood wrapped and scoop removal would be benificial.

I just checked on the dodge builder. If you select either one of the leather options the dash gets wrapped with stiched leather. So, my car won't have this. I wonder how much this weighs. I wanted the lightest build I could get. I think it would be interesting to see this in person.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I use rolls of clear Trac wrap. On my rear quarter panels.

The rolls are heavy.

Wraps add weight.

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Screenshot_2020-04-09-17-45-08.png
These look like they will be fine.

But I would not drill out the center of the
fastener.

I used grade 8, 7/16 flange bolts and serrated flange nuts, as the only locking mechanism.

When I TIGHTEN the tie down straps

I try not to stand in front in case it let's go.

Attachments

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I have done a lot of research on LW bolts. Some are actually made out of CM tubing with the head welded on. I am pretty sure through drilling a bolt or gun drilling it does not weaken it much if at all. Think Gun Drilled axle. If they were weak they absolutely would not do it. I used serrated flange nuts on the Demon when I put them on and that worked out perfectly, because they stayed put when tightening since you do not have access to hold them. But those were 3/8". I was worried about the flange on the 7/16 nut I am now using not sitting flat inside the frame and causing the fastner to bind when tightening and break the fastener or come loose. So I went with normal grade 8 nuts. I decided this from memory since I do not actually have a car here. Maybe it would not be an issue.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
If you have to stop suddenly at 65mph with your tow truck. Or get into an accident.

My guess is they may stretch then shear.

The hollowed hex heads will pop off like a dandelion.

I don't see the benefit of losing that little bit
Of weight.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Because the nut has to spin down freely

Inside the cross member.

These fasteners should be checked

periodically for tightness.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I ran gun drilled bolts throughout my Modified for years. Had some pretty tough wrecks along the way. Never had one of those bolts fail. I remember a chunk of engine block ripped out during a bad accident. Gun drilled bolts holding the motor mount on were used on the next car lol

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Ordered the carpet today.... $127 plus tax.
Hi Ron. I would love that part # on the carpet if you dont mind? Was carpet install a big deal?

Latest Forum Posts