Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tapp performance stage 1 capability

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Everyone has a different idea or what is easiest for them to use. For me E85 is all around me and way cheaper then race gas. I will get similar performance as ms109. Cost difference will be $2.25 to $15.00 a gallon and I can run e85 every day so race tune all the time:)
Up here for me MS109 is $160 per 5 gallon pail.
E85 / E98 is $65 and per 5 gallon pail .

I will use E fuels for my race fuel . Cheaper , no lead , runs cooler , same power output .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
100 octane, unleaded, ethanol free race gas is $11.00 a gallon at the pump here.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Idk if I do something different but I only lost 3 or 4mpg when cruising around. I have heard a lot of people say they get way worst but I haven’t found that to be my case.
I never had any personal experience myself. I've just seen it posted many times, that using E85 for daily Driving the fuel is consumed faster but they didn't care because the price was worth it.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I never had any personal experience myself. I've just seen it posted many times, that using E85 for daily Driving the fuel is consumed faster but they didn't care because the price was worth it.
it is and under race conditions 30% more but if it costs 30% less then 93 it is a cost saving. 93 was $3.75 and E85 was $2.25 which is 40% less. Under normal driving condition I'm not so sure you use 30% more. Jon was getting some good gas mileage last summer with E85.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I figure if it is $1 cheaper it is worth it

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I figure if it is $1 cheaper it is worth it
Do you test the E85 before buying it?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I will test it and see what my local station is. testers are cheap. Could install a gauge that will tell me. I knew someone that had one in their glove box and it would read what it was

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I will test it and see what my local station is. testers are cheap. Could install a gauge that will tell me. I knew someone that had one in their glove box and it would read what it was
It has a sensor that tells the ecm what the ethanol percentage is. From what I understand, it doesn't work very well with the HP Tuners setup.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It has a sensor that tells the ecm what the ethanol percentage is. From what I understand, it doesn't work very well with the HP Tuners setup.
he had 2. A gauge in the glove box and it also showed it on the dash

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #31
For a flex fuel setup you set multiple stoich points. From there it infers alcohol percentages using the wide bands. This can only be done with the hp tuners flex fuel patch.
it does with hp tuners. There are a few small glitches that can arise. For example some 2018s depending on os version the fans will not shut off
diablo has a way now but I’m not familiar with it.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I run dusterhoff inferred logic flex tuning + an Injected Engineering Gasohol kit with twin 285's.

2.50 upper when on the kill tune. No lower.

FIC1200's - 910whp on Allpar's MD.

There is a little room left but in all honestly I'd say these Tapp out (pun intended) somewhere between 900-1000 for most people. Slightly more with a turbo setup as you gain back the loss of driving the blower.

I test all new stations I stop at the first few fills.. I have a very short list of trusted stations that ALWAYS gimme that good pump E. 85% consistently. I'll sample to make sure it isn't skunked then rock & roll.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For a flex fuel setup you set multiple stoich points. From there it infers alcohol percentages using the wide bands. This can only be done with the hp tuners flex fuel patch.
it does with hp tuners. There are a few small glitches that can arise. For example some 2018s depending on os version the fans will not shut off
diablo has a way now but I’m not familiar with it.
My tuner says "no" using the flex fuel setup with HP. I don't know if it's because mine is a 18 or not. Says that it doesn't work right.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My tuner says "no" using the flex fuel setup with HP. I don't know if it's because mine is a 18 or not. Says that it doesn't work right.
I am a 2018. The inferred logic works fine on most OS's.

Now...however AJ, Barth & Satera did the integration of the flex sensor for direct measurements I have no idea. I DO know satera is no longer advertising his true flex fuel due to the time and workarounds on some cars stretching builds to several days or more of just tuning. He was the only one openly using HP tuners for this.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I am a 2018. The inferred logic works fine on most OS's.

Now...however AJ, Barth & Satera did the integration of the flex sensor for direct measurements I have no idea. I DO know satera is no longer advertising his true flex fuel due to the time and workarounds on some cars stretching builds to several days or more of just tuning. He was the only one openly using HP tuners for this.
I know someone with a 2019 using it with HP Tuners. Last I heard the car was running great. She daily drives it.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #36
In my car the tune I purchased the alcohol percentage was 5 to 10 percent off. When I redid the tune. I made it so it was extremely close to what I had in the rail. My biggest issue is the fans wouldn’t shut off.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
In my car the tune I purchased the alcohol percentage was 5 to 10 percent off. When I redid the tune. I made it so it was extremely close to what I had in the rail. My biggest issue is the fans wouldn’t shut off.
This must be highly OS specific as once HP Tuners defined all the tables (mine was newer at this time) it took less than a day to get going and fans work normally as well as on command via tazer.

Curt and I have discussed the inferred logic "error" window and like you said it's around 5-10% - for daily driving this isn't so much an issue. It can be worked with and a few people here have gotten this real close...you and speedy come to mind.

I don't race on pump gas or flex fuel anyways So it wasn't a deal breaker for me at a time when not too many tuners did flex at all. I have a dedicated "track only" E85 tune for shenanigans.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What does it mean when I have "wideband"?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
My buddy has an e85 tune from Curt with the same fan problem. You figure it out?

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #40
My buddy has an e85 tune from Curt with the same fan problem. You figure it out?
E85 or flex fuel? The flex fuel fan issue lives with hp tuners I have had a ticket open with them for years. If he has his computer flashed to an OS ending with AG it should fix the problem but he would need a retune. I believe OST dyno will flash any version if you send it to them. That is if it is an 18