Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tapp performance stage 1 capability

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Haha, I don't know I've seen any high rollers at CF. We couldn't even auction a Demon at CF 2018 for more than $105K that was donated!
Damn!! I’ll buy it, it still available??

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #82
I had really bad luck from my well known tuner. To the point if I tried going through a drive through the car would die and sometimes pulling out of the garage would die. Also broke up really bad on partial throttle. I never made a big post or named the tuner because they at least gave me a partial refund. Which was the right thing to do. We both agreed and went our own way. But it’s why I say if you mod your car you have to at least understand the basics. but I went through 2 tuners and didn’t have much luck with either. After that I decided to learn on my own. I have so much more fun doing my own thing. But trust me when I say it’s not for everybody. It isn’t for most. I dedicated 2021 to my car and had a blast doing it.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I tuned my Z28 and both vetts. If you can read then you do it yourself. If youi want to change the perimeters, you can. Got my tunes from HP.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #84
I tuned my Z28 and both vetts. If you can read then you do it yourself. If youi want to change the perimeters, you can. Got my tunes from HP.
It’s a huge time investment. Most people don’t find the small details interesting. If you don’t find tuning interesting and fun it will be impossible to learn and invest the time or it will be miserable. Glad to see you found joy in tuning your vetts.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yes I did. I learned alot and doing it yourself. Better have a second car to fall back on when it sputs, pukes, and craps on ya. I have always been maticulas doing mechanical engineering work. So, I have learned how to be patient. To tune an $100,000 chiller it takes time.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I might invest more into it this year now that I have a 2nd vehicle to rely on. Doubtful...but I would like to learn more and see if I can pick up the flex stuff.

I will also need to learn some basic changes for conditions if I grow hair enough on my ass to run drag week.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Infuse the hairs out of your ears and splice them into your ass. Your wife will tell you when to stop. Like when you have your ass looking like a cauliflower ass beard.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #88
I might invest more into it this year now that I have a 2nd vehicle to rely on. Doubtful...but I would like to learn more and see if I can pick up the flex stuff.

I will also need to learn some basic changes for conditions if I grow hair enough on my ass to run drag week.
If you run drag week let me know. 131 is my home track

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It’s a huge time investment. Most people don’t find the small details interesting. If you don’t find tuning interesting and fun it will be impossible to learn and invest the time or it will be miserable. Glad to see you found joy in tuning your vetts.
you sound a lot like my tuner:unsure:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
If you run drag week let me know. 131 is my home track
it won't be at 131 this year. Changes tracks every year that is why last year was so special being 131 was the host track

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
HOT ROD Drag Week Presented By Gear Vendors Overdrive 2022 Dates And Locations
  • Registration, Tech Day, and Test 'n' Tune: Sunday, September 18 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
  • Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
  • Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 - Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky.
  • Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 - Alabama International Dragway, Steele, Alabama.
  • Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #92
you sound a lot like my tuner:unsure:
Your tuner is cheap enough where all you have to worry about is logging 😂

ok never mind drag week isn’t here

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #93
Even though I trust myself it is always a good idea to keep an eye on your car. We will go over stuff as we do it so you know what is going on.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Drag week is actually a week late this year. Normally starts around the 11th

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Were they offering owner financing?
IMG_3283.JPG

The car was donated and auctioned to support Racing4Vets with proceeds going direct to the charity.

We did it right. Announced the car would be for auction live at the event and announced about 90 days ahead of the event to give folks time to work out their payment details. Bidders had to pre-register and show account value that could cover their respective bid. We had probably 30 or 40 people sign up. The actual Demon was delivered in an enclosed trailer and was parked out front under the hotel awning for folks to view during the weekend event. It was heavily advertised on the "old" site since people kept clamoring "I'm buying a Demon if I can find one"....well here one is! The donating dealer did offer financing as well.

Bidding started at $100K and only 3 people started bidding and it stopped at $105K In the end Vandrake racing made the winning bid via phone and had the rep holding the phone in the auction tell the crowd that $110K wouldn't beat his bids trying to get the price higher, but no one bid. It was a real joke to be honest after all the big talk I heard about people bidding $150K all weekend especially since it was for charity. I was very disappointed in everyone that year and really highlighted to me that a lot of people in this talk the talk but can't walk the walk as it were. It also showed me the Demon wasn't all that like it was being played up to be as well. We advertised all over social media, radio, etc. I thought we'd at least get $125K.

A few weeks later the crate showed up and I took delivery and shipped it to Vandrake as well. They were in NC, not sure what ever happened to the car.

Damn!! I’ll buy it, it still available??
That was 4 years ago LOL!

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
View attachment 62272

The car was donated and auctioned to support Racing4Vets with proceeds going direct to the charity.

We did it right. Announced the car would be for auction live at the event and announced about 90 days ahead of the event to give folks time to work out their payment details. Bidders had to pre-register and show account value that could cover their respective bid. We had probably 30 or 40 people sign up. The actual Demon was delivered in an enclosed trailer and was parked out front under the hotel awning for folks to view during the weekend event. It was heavily advertised on the "old" site since people kept clamoring "I'm buying a Demon if I can find one"....well here one is! The donating dealer did offer financing as well.

Bidding started at $100K and only 3 people started bidding and it stopped at $105K In the end Vandrake racing made the winning bid via phone and had the rep holding the phone in the auction tell the crowd that $110K wouldn't beat his bids trying to get the price higher, but no one bid. It was a real joke to be honest after all the big talk I heard about people bidding $150K all weekend especially since it was for charity. I was very disappointed in everyone that year.

That was 4 years ago LOL!
Auctions of any type can be tough.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I have lost my ass at all the auctions I have been involved with. The fees, and moe fees, and moe fees. The only winners are auctioneers that run the auction.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I think there's video of the actual live auction on my YT channel. Been a while but I think it's out there. The charity still did ok with the $105K bid, but it shoulda been a lot more and again all the big talk just makes me SMH.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
HOT ROD Drag Week Presented By Gear Vendors Overdrive 2022 Dates And Locations
  • Registration, Tech Day, and Test 'n' Tune: Sunday, September 18 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
  • Racing Day 1: Monday, September 19 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
  • Racing Day 2: Tuesday, September 20 - World Wide Technology Raceway, Madison, Illinois.
  • Racing Day 3: Wednesday, Sept. 21 - Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, Kentucky.
  • Racing Day 4: Thursday, Sept. 22 - Alabama International Dragway, Steele, Alabama.
  • Racing Day 5: Friday, Sept. 23 - Memphis International Raceway, Millington, Tennessee.
Assuming my current crew assignment does not change...this is at the tail end of a night rotation on a short paycheck. Meaning it doesn't cost me as much to take the 4 days off.

*desire to race intensifies*

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country