Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tesla Plaid vs McClaren 720S

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #61
Since they are letting anything do the 1/4 mile it seems...lets just hook some wagons to horses, and race them.
They do that in amish country right now. Not much ability to mod those rides either.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #62
On cow girls - championship barrel riders

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #63
9-second Demons everywhere beg to differ...

"I also feel that this again shows the complete ineffectiveness of RWD only"

Oh, and for the record, smell, sound, and vibration matters...
That's the point, how much further down the scale would the Daemon be if it was AWD? Just can't beat it for bang for the buck.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Could not help myself. I had to look. If a guy wanted he could have one by Christmas for the mid-$130,000’s without the $10k in auto driving upgrades. Nope, I’ll wait for a C8 Z. That little electric fucker will not keep up with that on road courses. Even if it could, I want to hear my car. Plenty of golf carts to ride otherwise.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Could not help myself. I had to look. If a guy wanted he could have one by Christmas for the mid-$130,000’s without the $10k in auto driving upgrades. Nope, I’ll wait for a C8 Z. That little electric fucker will not keep up with that on road courses. Even if it could, I want to hear my car. Plenty of golf carts to ride otherwise.
Im with you 100%. As soon as the C8 zo6 is available to order I’m getting one immediately. That car is gonna be nuts for roadcourse

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Im with you 100%. As soon as the C8 zo6 is available to order I’m getting one immediately. That car is gonna be nuts for roadcourse
It does look good
2023-chevrolet-corvette-z06-001-1632751895.jpg

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States

Golf carts are a lot better than any tesla made.

Hot beer cart girls drive them around.

Enough said!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
9.27 @ 151 mph.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #70
lol, man that M4 on the first roll race just gets MURDERED

also I need to move there ... running 4 passes in 30 minutes

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I could hang with the Plaid in the 60' but then it's bye bye.

On the Plaid it uses 3% battery on each pass, not bad if you show up on or near full charge, could do many passes at the track.

That other guy in the Plaid is terrible on R/T, needs a little more practice.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
It should look great! I think the pale gray color with crappy wheels/tires from the top (can’t see how mean it looks from the ground) is a lousy picture from what they could have shown us. So it sounds like sometime this month we could get some real info and representations? At least that is the reports from a couple of the folks on YouTube. They have been hurting themselves showing us everything they can, which has been fun to watch.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Full scale R/C racing
Tell me that’s not exactly what you wanted whenever you had your RC car out… I want one I can get into that rips around like this thing!

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
It should look great! I think the pale gray color with crappy wheels/tires from the top (can’t see how mean it looks from the ground) is a lousy picture from what they could have shown us. So it sounds like sometime this month we could get some real info and representations? At least that is the reports from a couple of the folks on YouTube. They have been hurting themselves showing us everything they can, which has been fun to watch.
Prob the wrong thread but damn sure would like to have one of these

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So, for the track yes. They are the shit, I know two docs who routinely lap with me, even been on some laps in a couple. They ride exactly like shit, they even advise, don’t get one if you want to use it on the street.

The new cars have the adjustable shocks etc. and a whole bunch of new stuff. But, yes, they are bad to the bone on the track. This one dude drives it to the limit also.

We had to pull a quick video, so this sucks but you get the idea...

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
So, for the track yes. They are the shit, I know two docs who routinely lap with me, even been on some laps in a couple. They ride exactly like shit, they even advise, don’t get one if you want to use it on the street.

The new cars have the adjustable shocks etc. and a whole bunch of new stuff. But, yes, they are bad to the bone on the track. This one dude drives it to the limit also.

We had to pull a quick video, so this sucks but you get the idea...

If I was rich that would be my "the shit" car. But hey powerball is up to 650mil so maybe there is a chance:LOL:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I like it but if it has a weak spot, I think it's the transmission, I've seen 3 blow the trans. at the 1/4 mile track in the past at different times. It's not really a 1/4 mile car so I guess when their trying to bang the gears real hard & fast is the issue.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well for those that don't like the EV's or the Plaid, how about a Toyota Supra ?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I like it but if it has a weak spot, I think it's the transmission, I've seen 3 blow the trans. at the 1/4 mile track in the past at different times. It's not really a 1/4 mile car so I guess when their trying to bang the gears real hard & fast is the issue.
Yeah I've been thinking about upgrading my ds, clutch and trans(possibly) and hitting the track. Worried if not I'd just be tearing stuff up being a 6speed

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #80
Went into the dealer once back in the viper hey day. Wanted to pick out a GTS and buy it. Service director and I talked it over for probably 3 hours and he eventually talked me out of it. He did not fit in it and I sure as hell was shoe horned in. Ride was terrible. He said they saw a fair amount of trouble from the v-10 "truck engine". I wasnt in love with it to begin with and the raw lack of refinement and really midling to mediocre performance really made the value proposition weak. Do not regret at all not getting it. I always felt dodge waited to long to update it as time went by and that there were always better cars out there for around the same money. Now, I never lived at the track and always like daily or near dailying my cars so living with it is a key for me. But I still think there are better track cars for the price too. Look at the nurburgring performances. Was very much a successor to the original ac cobra to me, with all the good and the bad amplified.

Raced one west of houston on the highway in mid-2000s with the SC GTO and beat him handily. But of course that doesn't always mean anything about the car if the driver is the weak point, but it was still entertaining

Anyway just my thoughts.