Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Back to our regularly scheduled program, just interesting to note that people are running 10.3@132 with stock redeyes, just drag radials with 20 inch OEM tires on the front. Could break 9.99 once the real cool air hits. 1.4 60 foots. To claim the Demon owns some kind of unrivaled 1/4 performance may not be correct. What do they do, 1.3 60 foots??? Mine sure does drive well on the garbage suspension....

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Back to our regularly scheduled program, just interesting to note that people are running 10.3@132 with stock redeyes, just drag radials with 20 inch OEM tires on the front. Could break 9.99 once the real cool air hits. 1.4 60 foots. To claim the Demon owns some kind of unrivaled 1/4 performance may not be correct. What do they do, 1.3 60 foots??? Mine sure does drive well on the garbage suspension....
Not sure what your point is. Its undeniable that a stock Demon beats a stock RedEye every day of the week at the track. Race suspension, DR, lighter and 43 more hp. Am I missing something? Oh yes, Trans Brake...

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
And here we go, more Demon hate, as I said earlier, it always ends up the same. Jealously from the members here that don't have one. Just about every thread ends up this way.

Yes, a RE is quicker, LOL

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hate on this

Attachments

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
or this DSC_0370.JPG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Lol you guys are pretty easily triggered. Better always keep yours on skinnies and the race gas tune.... ;)

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lol you guys are pretty easily triggered. Better always keep yours on skinnies and the race gas tune.... ;)
Not needed, no one here can match this photo 2.jpg

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
you should take the splitter guard off. Makes it look like you don’t own it.
Lol, you have one?

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
As expected, same old, same old, detractors say the same things, over and over again.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Maybe so, but this is the first time I've seen someone with such a fragile ego (or whatever it is that triggers it) so rabidly promote Demons, while also trying to slam non owners.

OP

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #232
Guys it's just a car. Nuts and bolts. No sense getting upset about it. Life is way to short for that. If I sell the Demon it will bring what it will bring. Either I will say fine and let it go or say nope and keep it parked. Either way life will go on.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
As expected, same old, same old, detractors say the same things, over and over again.
Yourself included with the same old over and over. Pretty sure no one here is a Demon detractor. Kind of hard to hate on a car like that. The car is awesome, it’s undeniable. What theyre worth or not worth has zero to do with hate or detractions. Cash value speculations (including my own) are just guesses until one sells. It’s no different than real estate market predictions to me and has nothing to do with hate. I love me some Demon either way.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yourself included with the same old over and over. Pretty sure no one here is a Demon detractor. Kind of hard to hate on a car like that. The car is awesome, it’s undeniable. What theyre worth or not worth has zero to do with hate or detractions. Cash value speculations (including my own) are just guesses until one sells. It’s no different than real estate market predictions to me and has nothing to do with hate. I love me some Demon either way.
Slowpoke,

I agree I can be repetitive in responding, I should just say my 2 cents and move on. I disagree with you regarding detractors, there are some here and on the other forum. You know of the threads regarding the 9.65 pass, nothing but haters in those threads, you have been around long enough to know of the threads, therefore, not sure how you can make that statement.

The Legion of Demons has their own races and I was always very critical of not letting people watch or them no letting non Demon cars participate. I had a few heated exchanges with Demon1 regarding this subject. Well, as time goes by, I think they are correct, they do not want to deal with people taking photos or videos of drivers learning to drive their car. Demon owners do have a bullseye on their back, period.

I guess we can agree to disagree

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Warning: .02 ahead

Pfffft....

Na, decided against even saying that much...

Sorry, carry on...

;)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
We auctioned a Demon at ChallengerFest 9 with the proceeds going to Racing4Vets.org our official event sponsor. I personally spec'd the Demon and ordered Go Man Go, leather, passenger seat, stereo, rear seat delete, no sunroof. I think red seat belts, I'd have to go back and look at the order sheet. It was heavily advertised as a live auction and the winning bidder would take the car at the event, it was on site for everyone to look over and had 7 miles on it as delivered to the donating dealer. It was auctioned early April 2018. Surprisingly it "only" brought $106K. This was when Barrett Demons were going for $150K. I get it that auctions depend on who's in the room, but to say I was surprised would be an understatement. There's a video on my YT channel of the live auction if anyone want's to see.

Here's the car as displayed in front of the host hotel ahead of the auction:

1571001262586.png

Now I'm curious how many were optioned the way I ordered that car. Vandrake racing were the winning bidders via phone proxy. Car was enclosed trailer delivered to them from the event.

I honestly considered bidding on it when the price didn't go very high, but honestly I didn't want a Demon. Some here will call BS and say everyone wants a Demon, but I honestly did not. I had a 1 of 1400 motorcycle back in the day. It was a 2005 Edition Honda CBR1000RR. Same deal, had to have a VIN to get parts, blah blah. I rode it for a few years and couldn't get anymore for it than a regular o'l 2005 1000RR when I sold it. I spent more time worrying about getting a scratch or putting miles on it than just enjoying it. That's just not for me.

My regular o'l Hellcat is the better option for me. I can mod it and race it and enjoy the hell out of it and not really care about what it's worth later. I've been finalizing the 93 tune this weekend in cooler air and think I made the final tweaks this morning ;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I honestly considered bidding on it when the price didn't go very high, but honestly I didn't want a Demon. Some here will call BS and say everyone wants a Demon, but I honestly did not.

My regular o'l Hellcat is the better option for me. I can mod it and race it and enjoy the hell out of it and not really care about what it's worth later.
Dang, that's at least two of us that don't want one, Speedy!
Now I'm realizing that it's far easier to buy one (well, it is easy) than to convince some people that I do not want to buy one.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
And here we go, more Demon hate, as I said earlier, it always ends up the same. Jealously from the members here that don't have one. Just about every thread ends up this way.

Yes, a RE is quicker, LOL
A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Dang, that's at least two of us that don't want one, Speedy!
Now I'm realizing that it's far easier to buy one (well, it is easy) than to convince some people that I do not want to buy one.
Make that 3. I am building a much better drag car with my own hands; not just my wallet.

Member ID
Reactions
City
New Hyde Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trackhawk, Demon
My friend Ben of VanDrake bought that Demon. But his heart rightfully belongs to the Jeeps.
People need to be less emo about these cars. It’s a car. Be it racing it or staring at it, enjoy it.
I found a room key to the Las Vegas Wynn in the back of mine. I don’t say back seat bc it has no back seat. Must be part of some special order Sin City Package. 1 of 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.