Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The sky is falling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
There are simply too many Demons for sale at this point for prices to escalate. We are almost two model years after Demons and they are running somewhere in the range of $10 - $20k above MSRP depending on color, mileage and options. I can’t think of other domestic cars that match that other than the Ford GT. I don’t believe there will be price appreciation until the flippers tire of holding and decide to adjust pricing to sell. It remains a question as to how far prices need to drop to push flippers over the edge.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Then that, ladies and gentlemen, settles which Demons will actually be worth something in 30 years. As they are the ones built as intended (assuming none got ordered with a back seat or sunroof or 18 speaker sound system for some odd reason), not an option-bloated Redeye equivalent with garbage suspension.

I am baffled that only 16 "factory drag cars" actually got built like factory drag cars. Insane.
I’m 100% sure on the one seat production. Don’t hold me to it, but I seem to recall something less than 500 were ordered with passenger seat only. The rest were full interior. I know someone on here has the exact number and will correct me as appropriate.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Yes, when they go to auction, I am sure that will be stated, what a joke. What I expect from someone who does not own one, buy a demon and want a passenger or back seat, God forbid, what a joke
Tee hee... it looks like I struck a nerve. Personal attacks have no business in this objective debate, using them only demonstrates a lack of character.

Try using a fact-based a counter argument instead.

But, to answer your tirade I loved the concept of the stripper Demon - yet had no purpose for one, so I never pursued it. It is also important to note that ownership does not give you the only voice of authority on the subject. That type of elitist mentality and should be discouraged - because it reeks of a dismissive temper-tantrum and impedes an adult conversation.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
So the single seat, no trunk liner, factory stripped down race car with crate probably will catch the most money in the distant future, but I suppose the rest of the values will be a factor of that price.....what about guys with rear set delete and no trunk trim from factory with crate? That's only a passenger seat away from the single seat.....suppose that is next best thing? :unsure:

How many of those are out there? I know a guy that owns one!

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
I suspect there are very, very few that ordered a passenger seat without trunk carpet.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Yes, when they go to auction, I am sure that will be stated, what a joke. What I expect from someone who does not own one, buy a demon and want a passenger or back seat, God forbid, what a joke
This has been the main reason for me not purchasing a Demon after I was screwed on my order by a dealer. I ordered a bare bones Demon no backseat just satin hood but I kept the passenger seat because I could take people for rides figuring I could pull it out later. I would never buy a sunroofed loaded Demon. That is not what they were meant to be.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I suspect there are very, very few that ordered a passenger seat without trunk carpet.
The Demon I was screwed on was rear seat delete no carpet no nothing just the passenger seat and black hood but the dealer screwed me using my own ordered car.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
The Demon I was screwed on was rear seat delete no carpet no nothing just the passenger seat and black hood but the dealer screwed me using my own ordered car.
Too many a**hat dealers during that Demon ordering and purchase process. Now that you mention it, I remember your ordeal from the other site. What a bunch of crap! It’s amazing what dealers get away with.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I do my investing in the market. 99% of cars are depreciating assets. For the 1% that appreciate they most likely under perform average long term returns.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I do my investing in the market. 99% of cars are depreciating assets. For the 1% that appreciate they most likely under perform average long term returns.
I agree but I do my investing in land and real estate.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I agree but I do my investing in land and real estate.
Smart play. I have thought about real estate (actual property not REIT's) but I never had the guts to pull the trigger.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
What market? You mean the bubble that does not allow price discovery and the Fed has a trading seat and is buying billions of short through long term debt, not to mention equities, QE to infinity

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
What market? You mean the bubble that does not allow price discovery and the Fed has a trading seat and is buying billions of short through long term debt, not to mention equities, QE to infinity
If you mean the market that has made me a debt-free millionaire....yeah, that one.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tee hee... it looks like I struck a nerve. Personal attacks have no business in this objective debate, using them only demonstrates a lack of character.

Try using a fact-based a counter argument instead.

But, to answer your tirade I loved the concept of the stripper Demon - yet had no purpose for one, so I never pursued it. It is also important to note that ownership does not give you the only voice of authority on the subject. That type of elitist mentality and should be discouraged - because it reeks of a dismissive temper-tantrum and impedes an adult conversation.
If my response is a personal attack, I love to live in your world. Objective debate regarding the Demon? It rarely happens, it usually ends up Demon owners versus Demon haters and the haters are just jealous of the quickest car FCA has ever produced (usually). There are some in the middle but is usually becomes an polarized thread.

The threads on the Demon are unbelievable, they go from the 9.65 was done with a stripped down car or used nitrous, to values, Demons are over priced, to RE is a better car, the nonsense is never ending.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
If you mean the market that has made me a debt-free millionaire....yeah, that one.
Thank you, for interrupting the stream of negativity.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ohh, I did not say you cannot make money in it, I am saying beware, the stock buy back game cannot go on forever and the FED QE is not sustainable. The manufacturing indexes (Chicago PMI) tell the real story, that we are in recession. Manufacturing makes up 12% of the GDP and it continues to tank

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Ohh, I did not say you cannot make money in it, I am saying beware, the stock buy back game cannot go on forever and the FED QE is not sustainable. The manufacturing indexes (Chicago PMI) tell the real story, that we are in recession. Manufacturing makes up 12% of the GDP and it continues to tank
Oh, I didn't realize you were showing concern. I thought you were just being a Dick. My apologies sir😘

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh, I didn't realize you were showing concern. I thought you were just being a Dick. My apologies sir😘
My message is always the same, think for yourself, take the path less traveled, Carpe Diem.

There has been an inverted bond yield curve since at least January 19, , which 100% of the time means a recession is coming. Cannot tell right now if there is inverted yield because the FED is massively buying the entire debt spread (short to long term debt) for the last 3 or 4 weeks or so. The FED is right now bailing out the banks (REPO) saying the banks are "under capitalized" (i.e. broke). Why? The overnight REPO market hit interest rates over 10% because there is no cash in the system. Which means the big banks are broke.

They are not saying QE, the term now is "stimulus" and expanding their balance sheet. These are the facts, I guess I am a dick for stating them.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Hmm. Maybe the banks should've invested in Demons instead? Or not.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
So the single seat, no trunk liner, factory stripped down race car with crate probably will catch the most money in the distant future, but I suppose the rest of the values will be a factor of that price.....what about guys with rear set delete and no trunk trim from factory with crate? That's only a passenger seat away from the single seat.....suppose that is next best thing? :unsure:

How many of those are out there? I know a guy that owns one!
Single seaters and my bet is some of these 40 too...

DEMON_COLOUR_COUNT3 copy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.