Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thinking of Selling my Redeye Advice welcome!

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thread Starter #21
My local dealer offered me $72,500. I turned them down. But I said I respected their offer

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Matt do you have a car max close ? They were paying crazy money but it needs to be stock!!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My local dealer offered me $72,500. I turned them down. But I said I respected their offer
Hey...if your keeping your HC..and can get all the money for the RE..move it..and order the GT500...for you..best of both worlds...(y)

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
Hey...if your keeping your HC..and can get all the money for the RE..move it..and order the GT500...for you..best of both worlds...(y)
Guys I’m thinking maybe I’ll just save money the next two years and get a GT500 and keep them all. I’m going to be honest I got a little bit sentimental when I saw someone else pull away in my Redeye. I know your not supposed to get attached to your cars. I definitely have more attachments to my charger than my the challenger. I feel like I did this as well just to see how I’d react. Plus I really just wanted to see what kind of number they’d throw at me. I’m always straight up with you guys because you all are my homies. Even though IMO the Redeye Challenger WB is a bit of a blob of metal compared to the looks of the GT500. There’s something about that RAW Visceral feel when you put your foot in this car and that supercharger whine with the LMI it’s sinister.. I think maybe since it was a nice day and I haven’t really driven it but twice in the last 4 months it’s been under the cover.. but man I will say it’s my Polished Blob 😄. But this polished blob has 800 stinkin’ HP and it sounds unbelievably awesome. My dad has some money so I was busting his balls a bit.. like come on are you a pussy??? Help me get a gt500 so I don’t need to sell something lol 😂. Thanks for all your advice guys. But I definitely to be honest felt a little heart drop that was mine when I thought for a second this could be bye bye for my Redeye. And the offer at 72500. That would recoup everything I paid and the money I have into it. But as I said was looking for to 76k maybe 75k so I’m going to stand firm rejecting 72500 I don’t think that’s enough. I’m crazy haha.. thanks for listening guys and for any more advice on the matter.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Guys I’m thinking maybe I’ll just save money the next two years and get a GT500 and keep them all. I’m going to be honest I got a little bit sentimental when I saw someone else pull away in my Redeye. I know your not supposed to get attached to your cars. I definitely have more attachments to my charger than my the challenger. I feel like I did this as well just to see how I’d react. Plus I really just wanted to see what kind of number they’d throw at me. I’m always straight up with you guys because you all are my homies. Even though IMO the Redeye Challenger WB is a bit of a blob of metal compared to the looks of the GT500. There’s something about that RAW Visceral feel when you put your foot in this car and that supercharger whine with the LMI it’s sinister.. I think maybe since it was a nice day and I haven’t really driven it but twice in the last 4 months it’s been under the cover.. but man I will say it’s my Polished Blob 😄. But this polished blob has 800 stinkin’ HP and it sounds unbelievably awesome. My dad has some money so I was busting his balls a bit.. like come on are you a pussy??? Help me get a gt500 so I don’t need to sell something lol 😂. Thanks for all your advice guys. But I definitely to be honest felt a little heart drop that was mine when I thought for a second this could be bye bye for my Redeye. And the offer at 72500. That would recoup everything I paid and the money I have into it. But as I said was looking for to 76k maybe 75k. I’m crazy haha.. thanks for listening guys and for any more advice on the matter.
Maybe because I have been a Mopar guy since before I could drive and had mustangs for 24 years they don't interest me much anymore. Glad Dodge finally came out with some cars that were not front wheel drive so I could return

Around 2004 I starting to think on buying a Viper GTS. Used ones could be had around 40k. Was going to sell my 9 second mustang and get a loan for the rest. One of my friends went out and bought one and never said he was even looking for one. I rode in it a few times and the desire to have one went away.

Maybe if you drove a GT500 you would find out if you really wanted one or not. I have bought a few cars that I liked for different reasons with never even riding in one before hand and I was never disappointed in my purchase though

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
"I know your not supposed to get attached to your car."

You have that completely ackbasswards...

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
I just got word as well there will be no 2023 GT500 apparently 2022 having the heritage edition will be the last gt500 production year. So there’s that too. If I got nothing to trade up challenger is off the table. I’m not buying a used GT500. Base c8 vette in my opinion is not cool enough or fast enough for me.. Camaro is well a Camaro not much interest to me.. C7 ZR1 corvette prices are at the Sky so that’s off the table. Viper prices are at the Sky that’s off the table as well.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

You are suppose to get attached to your car. If you are buying and selling to make money please get out of the this hobby. I buy cars that I want to have not "the next big thing" I buy with intent to keep them but after awhile there is something else I may rather have. Right now I have the car I want, nothing out there interests me more

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Guys I’m thinking maybe I’ll just save money the next two years and get a GT500 and keep them all. I’m going to be honest I got a little bit sentimental when I saw someone else pull away in my Redeye. I know your not supposed to get attached to your cars. I definitely have more attachments to my charger than my the challenger. I feel like I did this as well just to see how I’d react. Plus I really just wanted to see what kind of number they’d throw at me. I’m always straight up with you guys because you all are my homies. Even though IMO the Redeye Challenger WB is a bit of a blob of metal compared to the looks of the GT500. There’s something about that RAW Visceral feel when you put your foot in this car and that supercharger whine with the LMI it’s sinister.. I think maybe since it was a nice day and I haven’t really driven it but twice in the last 4 months it’s been under the cover.. but man I will say it’s my Polished Blob 😄. But this polished blob has 800 stinkin’ HP and it sounds unbelievably awesome. My dad has some money so I was busting his balls a bit.. like come on are you a pussy??? Help me get a gt500 so I don’t need to sell something lol 😂. Thanks for all your advice guys. But I definitely to be honest felt a little heart drop that was mine when I thought for a second this could be bye bye for my Redeye. And the offer at 72500. That would recoup everything I paid and the money I have into it. But as I said was looking for to 76k maybe 75k so I’m going to stand firm rejecting 72500 I don’t think that’s enough. I’m crazy haha.. thanks for listening guys and for any more advice on the matter.
I always get attached to cars, man. I owned my second Camaro for all of 6 days, but I still miss that car. I owned my H3 Hummer for years, I still have a key to it. I owned my 2006 M5 BMW for only 24 hours before it got stolen and stripped by the same guy who sold it to me. Turns out he kept a copy of the key and tracked it back to my place with a cell phone in the fender well.

In todays world where the older folks tell us that money can’t buy happiness… well. I’m certainly happy when my bills are all paid and I have money to spare… these past few months have been rough. But I’m hoping after this month, things level out.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I sold a Corvette on Carvana, and I did well. Youll have a buy price in minutes once you enter the info online. Super easy to deal with if you accept the sale. Eliminates the tire kickers, low ballers, ask my wifers. In my case, a guy came by Uber to pick it up, he had my check, a license plate, and was ready to go. You can also do direct deposit with them. Check Vroom also. Good luck with the sale

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31

I think what I meant to say is I try not to wrap too much of my identity up in my cars. And I feel like I do unfortunately do that a bit. That’s more of what I meant.. haha yes I’m attached to my cars

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
I wouldn't sell a Hellcat/Redeye until I know for sure Dodge has canceled production for sure, then we can make crazy money.