Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TNREDEYE '21 REWB

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #41
Btw, do any of you know how I could reach the SRT guys at Dodge? Maybe someone there could be of some assistance?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If that's the case, it might not be worth it to be honest. I'm sure eventually the wheel folks will adapt to the change.

Strange the things that get changed over time on a platform.

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye
If that's the case, it might not be worth it to be honest. I'm sure eventually the wheel folks will adapt to the change.

Strange the things that get changed over time on a platform.
Hi Guy's
Does anybody have new info 0n the front caliper diameter problem yet on the 2021 red eye. Have 2 winlite 18x5s sitting here driving me nuts. Thanks

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Hi Guy's
Does anybody have new info 0n the front caliper diameter problem yet on the 2021 red eye. Have 2 winlite 18x5s sitting here driving me nuts. Thanks
They are not going to fit a 2021. Period. I was able to look at some of the Weld 18X6 Alumastar wheels on a 2019 and the caliper is close enough for me to say that those will not fit either. Have you looked at he pics on Page 1 of this thread? It shows one rotor on top of the other. That is the distance that the caliper moved out.......

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye
They are not going to fit a 2021. Period. I was able to look at some of the Weld 18X6 Alumastar wheels on a 2019 and the caliper is colse enough for me to say that those will not fit either. Have you looked at he pics on Page 1 of this thread? It shows one rotor on top of the other. That is the distance that the caliper moved out.......
Thanks for the reply, I'm not sure how they are going on yet but I can say there going on. Might cost a little cash though.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #46
What Ron said appears to be correct.
It appears that the knuckles and both pairs of lower arms are different part numbers from everything else. I know the knuckle itself is different, it's caliper mount holes are moved outward to compensate for the larger diameter rotor.
I do not know if the lover arms are different in a way that won't work with either '20 and earlier RE/Hellcats or the Demon/SS rotor/caliper/knuckles.

As of right now the only way I know of to get a '21 RE to accommodate any 18" front wheels is to change out the following to known parts: rotors, knuckles, both pairs of lower arms and possibly calipers. The '19 and '21 calipers from my two RE's look to be functionally identical but are different part #'s. One is marked Brembo and the other is marked SRT so that alone may be the only reason for the part # change.

I've been busy with other real life stuff so I've just shelved the whole deal for now. I'm exploring all of my options before spending a small fortune on a bunch of parts that should have already been on the car in the first place.

If you learn anything more that hasn't already been shared here I'd love to hear it.

Bo

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye
What Ron said appears to be correct.
It appears that the knuckles and both pairs of lower arms are different part numbers from everything else. I know the knuckle itself is different, it's caliper mount holes are moved outward to compensate for the larger diameter rotor.
I do not know if the lover arms are different in a way that won't work with either '20 and earlier RE/Hellcats or the Demon/SS rotor/caliper/knuckles.

As of right now the only way I know of to get a '21 RE to accommodate any 18" front wheels is to change out the following to known parts: rotors, knuckles, both pairs of lower arms and possibly calipers. The '19 and '21 calipers from my two RE's look to be functionally identical but are different part #'s. One is marked Brembo and the other is marked SRT so that alone may be the only reason for the part # change.

I've been busy with other real life stuff so I've just shelved the whole deal for now. I'm exploring all of my options before spending a small fortune on a bunch of parts that should have already been on the car in the first place.

If you learn anything more that hasn't already been shared here I'd love to hear it.

Bo
I'm going to look into what is needed to mount a 18" wheel on this in the next week or when it have a good long day to research it with a Dodge rep or their parts dept. I'll post it on what parts are needed and their part #s when finished.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #48
I had the time to re visit with Luke at Steve White. This is what we learned:

1 - After a good bit of digging it's become *really* clear that the '21 RE definitely has different part # lower arms. Luke couldn't find any info one way or another that indicates that these parts would need replaced to install the more common knuckle that all '15-'20 Hellcat/RE's share. It's his opinion that they are likely functionally similar with maybe a different hardness in the bushings or such. The good news is that all 4 only cost about $400 combined if they do have to be replaced.
Also, the upper arm is the same as the earlier stuff.

2 - He compiled a list of components it will take to replace the stock knuckle, front rotors and calipers with the 4 piston SS style stuff. This direction is around $2400 for everything but the lower arms. And to clarify: this is the '20 SS Scat Pak forged caliper.

3 - The list is MUCH shorter if keeping the 6 piston standard style HC/RE stuff. Basically just the knuckle and rotors. The calipers are different part numbers from earlier 6 piston stuff but my measurements have convinced me that they are the same caliper just with different badging(from Brembo to SRT). FWIW - Powerstop makes a very cost effective one piece replacement rotor that would cut the overall cost of this down considerably. This way is $900ish for new knuckles and about $250 for the Powerstop rotors.

4 - There doesn't really seem to be any info floating around anywhere I can find that'll let me know for sure about the lower arms. In Luke's words "it looks like we won't have that answer until someone decides to be the guinea pig and just do it".

So.. I went ahead and ordered everything except the lower arms. It'll take maybe 3 wks to get everything in as there seems to be some delay in getting the 4 piston calipers in a timely manner. Once the stuff gets here I'll install it and hopefully, between doing the actual install as well as having my '19 sitting there beside it to measure off of, I can get this thing to where it'll accept any 17" or 18" front wheel I choose to install on it.

On a different note, I was planning to put the 315/50-17 ET Street R's on it and take it to the track today just to get a few bone stock runs in. I wasn't expecting earth shattering et's but I'm pretty curious to know if it has that damn 1-2 hiccup. Naturally it's raining so that plan is out...

Bo

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I had the time to re visit with Luke at Steve White. This is what we learned:

1 - After a good bit of digging it's become *really* clear that the '21 RE definitely has different part # lower arms. Luke couldn't find any info one way or another that indicates that these parts would need replaced to install the more common knuckle that all '15-'20 Hellcat/RE's share. It's his opinion that they are likely functionally similar with maybe a different hardness in the bushings or such. The good news is that all 4 only cost about $400 combined if they do have to be replaced.
Also, the upper arm is the same as the earlier stuff.

2 - He compiled a list of components it will take to replace the stock knuckle, front rotors and calipers with the 4 piston SS style stuff. This direction is around $2400 for everything but the lower arms. And to clarify: this is the '20 SS Scat Pak forged caliper.

3 - The list is MUCH shorter if keeping the 6 piston standard style HC/RE stuff. Basically just the knuckle and rotors. The calipers are different part numbers from earlier 6 piston stuff but my measurements have convinced me that they are the same caliper just with different badging(from Brembo to SRT). FWIW - Powerstop makes a very cost effective one piece replacement rotor that would cut the overall cost of this down considerably. This way is $900ish for new knuckles and about $250 for the Powerstop rotors.

4 - There doesn't really seem to be any info floating around anywhere I can find that'll let me know for sure about the lower arms. In Luke's words "it looks like we won't have that answer until someone decides to be the guinea pig and just do it".

So.. I went ahead and ordered everything except the lower arms. It'll take maybe 3 wks to get everything in as there seems to be some delay in getting the 4 piston calipers in a timely manner. Once the stuff gets here I'll install it and hopefully, between doing the actual install as well as having my '19 sitting there beside it to measure off of, I can get this thing to where it'll accept any 17" or 18" front wheel I choose to install on it.

On a different note, I was planning to put the 315/50-17 ET Street R's on it and take it to the track today just to get a few bone stock runs in. I wasn't expecting earth shattering et's but I'm pretty curious to know if it has that damn 1-2 hiccup. Naturally it's raining so that plan is out...

Bo
Did you order the stuff to do the scat pack brakes? Why not order the 2021 stuff? I would go for the new 2021 Scat Pack caliper in a heartbeat. The 17" wheels still fit. That is what we were running on the Demons......

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #50
Did you order the stuff to do the scat pack brakes? Why not order the 2021 stuff? I would go for the new 2021 Scat Pack caliper in a heartbeat. The 17" wheels still fit. That is what we were running on the Demons......
By the time we had chased the knuckle/lower arm deal around for an hour I simply forgot that the '21 had the billet caliper. I'll be touching base with him Monday to find out the cost difference and if those calipers are currently available.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #51
Update:
It appears that the Demon style billet caliper is out of stock and won't be available any earlier than some time in July. So.. forged calipers it is for me.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Belpre
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger REWB Jailbreak
Checking back on the Power Stop pads for the 2021 model. Power Stop won't commit at this time.

IMG_3700.jpg

The pads you installed must be working fine with the larger rotor. Part numbers for my 2019 REWB were Z26-1405 for the front and Z26-1053 for the rear. Shiny wheels and brake dust ooh nooo.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #53
Checking back on the Power Stop pads for the 2021 model. Power Stop won't commit at this time.

View attachment 39730

The pads you installed must be working fine with the larger rotor. Part numbers for my 2019 REWB were Z26-1405 for the front and Z26-1053 for the rear. Shiny wheels and brake dust ooh nooo.
I never circled back around to find out the whole story. Those are the part numbers I'm using on both the '19 and the '21. I have right at 500 miles on the '21 using those pads and they work just like they do on the '19.
And as you'd expect, very little brake dust.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Belpre
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger REWB Jailbreak
Thank you very much. Hopefully Power Stop will catch up soon.

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye
Thank you very much. Hopefully Power Stop will catch up soon.
Hi Guy's
Got mine finished up. All I needed was 2020 hellcat rotors that had a 15.2 "diameter and then did a end mill adjustment to the mounting holes on the calipers at the machine shop to set them down .285 lower and had inserts made to go into the slot with the mounting bolts back side that are also .285 to fill the void. You can still go back to the 15.8 rotors by changing the insert back the other way.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
BTW,, 3:40 am again. Calipers were painted a bright orange for the Universitey of Tenn I attendeded to after Military Acadady,, Ha ha. Funny but not. I then found out Tenn did,t do very good and had them repainted red with the engine red and calipers and the red eyes hell cats and rear end , goo look, DoDGE rear end painted and hell cat heades with his eyes with red eyes done by electrical engineer from Cali and attacheded by friend from Clear wataer, electrical engineer attached. Redone in red. The whole moter is done in red and black. Where the silver Hemi is done in silver is now black, and the cold intake is now red with the plastic electrical pices are done in red. Red and black. That was done 2 years agow with a rice tag og $10,000 with the heads and other colors done in black. Just had a painter look at it and re going my handeled red plastic done in red, redone. Black Hemih still good in black. Red eyes still done. But better red eyes. Bumper and DODGE better red. I need to take pics of these to imaginge the looks of the $10,000 paint job on all of these painted red with black satin black. All redonde again after 3 years. Even the 70' s 396 Hemi big block Chevelle thought it did well, and the BMERs and Roush Stangs and the 6.1 non in impressive thought it looked great. Some what noe one has this fit,, yet.,, not yet. See what chay think from a Tenn guy and Fla guy. Broke sholder still hurts and other parts does also. 4 weeks in the Hospital and 4 days in Baker Ackeded and wonder hyw my guns were taken ahey by the cops.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
BTW,
Jim Frost Auto Graftst my Knife and box fer me. 2 knifes and a silver box. Proud the Out Laws wood be proud of. Even Goat and Bear wood beez good with it.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #58
Hi Guy's
Got mine finished up. All I needed was 2020 hellcat rotors that had a 15.2 "diameter and then did a end mill adjustment to the mounting holes on the calipers at the machine shop to set them down .285 lower and had inserts made to go into the slot with the mounting bolts back side that are also .285 to fill the void. You can still go back to the 15.8 rotors by changing the insert back the other way.
I looked at a few options along those lines. In the end I decided that since my '21 will be used primarily for drag racing I'd just get the smaller SS setup. We're waiting on one more caliper and all the parts will be in. So, I guess next weekend I'll be spending some time in the fender wells. :giggle:

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #59
And Hickster, I never have a freakin' clue what your saying, or at least trying to say. :p

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye
I looked at a few options along those lines. In the end I decided that since my '21 will be used primarily for drag racing I'd just get the smaller SS setup. We're waiting on one more caliper and all the parts will be in. So, I guess next weekend I'll be spending some time in the fender wells. :giggle:
Yes I do agree with you that is the best way to accomplish this front wheel clearance problem..