Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

To install or not to install?

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Nah he scared he might spill some fuel on the garage floor

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
On a fuel pump note I have the early dual pumps I think the were 485s but later I’m going to buy the 525s and install them in place you can buy them both for less then 300 @Hpindy , I think you have the same as I do

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Shhh speedy is making a video. ;) Install it so my install will be easier.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
On a fuel pump note I have the early dual pumps I think the were 485s but later I’m going to buy the 525s and install them in place you can buy them both for less then 300 @Hpindy , I think you have the same as I do
Yes I do . I have logged mine and I only see 60 duty cycle on the pumps . I only run gasoline though . Those running E85 will need bigger pumps for higher hp levels .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
Speedy - put the filter in!

For those that think 90's impact fuel flow in an application like this you need to watch this (or other videos out there showing the same results)

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #26
I don't like mucking about with the fuel system any more than I have to. That filter is a nice one. $250. Had it been an option on the kit I likely wouldn't have ticked the box though.

My pumps are TI285.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
There you go speedy the proof is in the puddin

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Speedy - put the filter in!

For those that think 90's impact fuel flow in an application like this you need to watch this (or other videos out there showing the same results)
I really just wanted to make a meme for Speedy lol

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I don't like mucking about with the fuel system any more than I have to. That filter is a nice one. $250. Had it been an option on the kit I likely wouldn't have ticked the box though.

My pumps are TI285.
It cost me about $400 in parts from Fore to basically build a similar setup that you got for free. I did go with the larger filter though which was about $30 more but either way, you can't beat it for what you have in it.

Last edited:

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Fore is arguably at the top of the heap when it comes to fuel systems for these things and that filter is a part of their high end package. I have the triple 525 system and use that same filter. I don’t have a good picture of that but it can be seen in one I have of something else under there and I cropped it down to see the filter. I say use it. View attachment 12670
That's a clean run, straight in and out. No 90's. That looks like that's the way it should be plumbed to me.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
It cost me about $400 in parts from Fore to basically build a similar setup that you got for free. I did go with the larger filter though which was a little more but either way, you can beat it for what you have in it.
Have you ever tracked your car???

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Have you ever tracked your car???
Twice, but track prep and conditions were garbage both times. First time was the last week of June 2018, 85 degree ambient and 80% humidity, first pass was 11.0@135mph with lots of wheel hop on Nitto 20" drag radials so I backed out of it not to break anything so my 60ft was a 2.1. Second time was March 2019 at South Georgia Motorsport Park at the Modern Street Hemi Shootout event, track was rained out all morning so it took them about 5 hours to dry out the track when the rain finally stopped at 1pm, we didn't get to start running until after 6pm and humidity was awful though and the timing lights were fogging up, not displaying times or traps randomly. On that day I ran on a set of 18" MT ET Street Rs and outrun a Demon but unfortunately the ET and trap speeds didn't work properly and my time slip was blank. I got the run on video though, he got me out of the hole but I passed him right after the 1/8 mile. It wasn't what I would call an outstanding pass for me but it was good enough to outrun a Demon so I was satisfied. I have not run it since getting all of the BMR suspension, Jokerz ported blower and FI interchiller and spacers installed.

Last edited:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Twice, but track prep and conditions were garbage both times. First time was in June 2018, 85 ambient 80% humidity, first pass was 11.2@135mph with a lot of wheel hop on Nitto 20" drag radials so I backed out of it not to break anything. Second time was early 2019, track rained out all so it took them about 4 hours to dry out the track, humidity was awful though and the timing lights were acting up, not displaying times or traps randomly, on that day I ran on a set of 18" MT ET Street Rs and outrun a Demon but unfortunately the ET and trap speeds didnt work properly. I got in on video though. It wasnt what I would call an outstanding pass but it was good enough to outrun a Demon so I was satisfied. I have not run it since getting the ported blower.
I was curious, o know you have done a lot please post when you get some good passes

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I am always about risk adverse when adding mods; so yes to install the extra filter.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I agree with the filter installation but I do have plenty of logs of mine with only the pumps filters and my fuel pressure is spot on
Mine run as high 430lbs per minute but I’m only at 750 hp

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was curious, o know you have done a lot please post when you get some good passes
Man, the only thing really holding me back from running is breaking something. I haven't bought a trailer, so I hate to drive the car there and break it. I really need to just get over it, the car is built to take it. If I were really serious about it, I would need to get skinnies too for the front. My passes have been on 20x10.5 forged wheels and 295 width tires on the front which are slightly lighter than the stock wheels and tires, but not nearly as light as skinnies.

Last edited:

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Man, the only thing really holding me back from running is breaking something. I haven't bought a trailer, so I hate to drive the car there and break it. I really need to just get over it, the car is built everywhere to take it.
I definitely agree I now trailer mine everywhere because of that possibility

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I definitely agree I now trailer mine everywhere because of that possibility
I have ZERO doubt the car is a solid mid 9 second car with a drag wheel and tire setup, the power is there for sure. I just need more seat time to get the time slip. Nothing is gutted from my car in fact, I have a front tower brace, rear brace and subframe connectors adding more weight. The only real weight reduction is a lightweight Cox battery. Mine is fully optioned too with sunroof so it's probably as heavy as a Challenger can be. I have slightly different goals than most for my car though, I wanted the best handling I could get out of it along with the power increase.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine run as high 430lbs per minute but I’m only at 750 hp
Maybe on pump 93 and a 2.85 pulley but even that seems a little low. If you're trapping 140+, you're over 800whp. (y)