Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Quite surprised at the material on the oil cooler drain plug. Didn't think there would be anything on it but it was nearly as bad as the oil pan plug.
And here I thought that I was supposed to leave the oil cooler drain alone, so I wouldn't lose all the crap in the oil.

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
LOL, I just went through almost 2000 .jpgs in my HC folder looking for an image I took of my Dimple plugs with similar miles on oil/engine and couldn't find them... :(

But you'll just have to trust me in that mine showed much less "stuff" on them, I would describe it as "hair", and thin enough that I could still see the surface of the magnet through the hair...

I don't know that it means anything, but I would stay on top of it.

Thanks for looking through your photos. I appreciate the effort. I will stay on top of things. I even found a small "chunk" of metal in the drain pan that the magnet didn't catch. Haven't seen this much in the oil since the turbo went out on my SVO Mustang. Hope next time things have improved....

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
*CAUTION*
NONE OF THE BOLTS REMOVED WERE TORQUED TO THE REQUIRED 7 ft lbs. Some were just slightly more then finger tight. You might want to check yours.
Well thanks a lot, Paladin. I just spent an hour checking all 120 of them. And not a single one was loose.
That's an hour I could've been using up fuel and wearing out tires.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Well thanks a lot, Paladin. I just spent an hour checking all 120 of them. And not a single one was loose.
That's an hour I could've been using up fuel and wearing out tires.
You do know the SC MOUNT BOLTS are 22 ft lbs while the lid/cover bolts are 7 ft lbs?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Thanks, Paladin, but I cheated and only checked the lids.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Added a touch of honor😎
I did this on my 2008. The only issue was when you wash/dry the car the corners kept coming up. I finally removed it.

Now the battle flag on my Redeye sunroof has not had that problem.

29236CE6-B5FF-44A3-A127-1A44CFE584BC.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Put Lightweight seats in. LONG WEEK. Did ALOT more but not all went as planned, soooo (for now) I'll just put up this post and stay on a positive note. Also****** SHOUT OUT to Ron Silva (@DRAGRCR )****** His harness was the ONLY thing that did not give me a hard time this week, worked as stated and was TRULY 'plug-n play'. THANK YOU. No dash lights. WOOOO HOO!. Planted brackets are very well made and only needed minor tweaking to fit perfectly. Seats are very snug yet comfortable. Just hope they hold up long term.

Attachments

Last edited:

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
With all the insanity, I finally got my summer Continental ECSs on the HC. They are SO much better than the A/Ss. Had to go for some warmup time....great mental vacation!

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
I did this on my 2008. The only issue was when you wash/dry the car the corners kept coming up. I finally removed it.

Now the battle flag on my Redeye sunroof has not had that problem.

View attachment 17816
Love the look! Thanks for the heads up on pealing. I was thinking about adding some opti-coat hyper seal to help prevent that and hopefully reduce the fading from ultraviolet rays.

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Put Lightweight seats in. LONG WEAK. Did ALOT more but not all went as planned, soooo (for now) I'll just put up this post and stay on a positive note. Also****** SHOUT OUT to Ron Silva (@DRAGRCR )****** His harness was the ONLY thing that did not give me a hard time this week, worked as stated and was TRULY 'plug-n play'. THANK YOU. No dash lights. WOOOO HOO!. Planted brackets are very well made and only needed minor tweaking to fit perfectly. Seats are very snug yet comfortable. Just hope they hold up long term.
Love the seat. gives the interior a much needed aggressive look. :cool:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ordered more tires! What else would a responsible driver do since we burn fuel and rubber for a full hybrid effect. Oh, plus I may want some fresh front track tires for the home track later in June[rockon]

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Put Lightweight seats in. LONG WEAK. Did ALOT more but not all went as planned, soooo (for now) I'll just put up this post and stay on a positive note. Also****** SHOUT OUT to Ron Silva (@DRAGRCR )****** His harness was the ONLY thing that did not give me a hard time this week, worked as stated and was TRULY 'plug-n play'. THANK YOU. No dash lights. WOOOO HOO!. Planted brackets are very well made and only needed minor tweaking to fit perfectly. Seats are very snug yet comfortable. Just hope they hold up long term.
Those look really nice. What’s the weight savings? I wonder if they have something to match the red color of the nappa/alcantara’s🤔

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Those look really nice. What’s the weight savings? I wonder if they have something to match the red color of the nappa/alcantara’s🤔
Thanks. Normally, I would've weighed both originals and the aftermarkets, and put up a full detailed post. But when I said "LONG WEEK" I meant it . Lotta' money spent and not a lotta' result, so when these went in I said "fu&* it, I'm gonna get something done this week!" and just put'm in without a detailed analysis of weights and measures. The drivers seat is the big savings. When you lift that mutha' out of there and then put in the aftermarket, you know your saving something. LOL. From what I've read it's @ 70lbs.(maybe 80 total?). Plus I did the back seat delete a few weeks ago so I'm thinking 120/130 total? I weighed the car shortly after I got it and it weighed 4240. If I could get it under 4K I'll be happy for now.

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Thanks. Normally, I would've weighed both originals and the aftermarkets, and put up a full detailed post. But when I said "LONG WEEK" I meant it . Lotta' money spent and not a lotta' result, so when these went in I said "fu&* it, I'm gonna get something done this week!" and just put'm in without a detailed analysis of weights and measures. The drivers seat is the big savings. When you lift that mutha' out of there and then put in the aftermarket, you know your saving something. LOL. From what I've read it's @ 70lbs.(maybe 80 total?). Plus I did the back seat delete a few weeks ago so I'm thinking 120/130 total? I weighed the car shortly after I got it and it weighed 4240. If I could get it under 4K I'll be happy for now.
80lbs.. hellyeah! They look great regardless

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Ripped apart the engine bay for a spacer and blanket install.
5F7E961B-9A13-4052-BCE2-5319685370A4.jpeg

18413557-D0D9-4FB0-9E91-233D67D49E1B.jpeg

Everything is disconnected just gotta wait for a friend to help me lift the blower. 103 lbs is just awkward to move from this postition by yourself. Had to give the supercharger a tappy tap tap with a rubber mallet to get her to budge. While she is out gonna clean that engine bay.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If need be, I have a technique I used when I had to do it by myself that is very straight forward and reasonable that allows you to do it by yourself.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If need be, I have a technique I used when I had to do it by myself that is very straight forward and reasonable that allows you to do it by yourself.
Do tell.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Filled it up. My log says I have not filled up here since April. I know it came back from OK fill and sat for almost three weeks. Wow. So I tried some Shell 93 with no additives (at least on the way home).

Then just to verify a few things I did a quick 0-60 check. Got the horrible lag, hemi fart, timing pull btw shifts, whatever you want to call it, but it was quite a violent few seconds, complete with a little wheel spin of the 345/30's.. 3.4 seconds says the previous 3.3 was not a mistake and the new supercharger while definitely more quiet than the former is adapting fine. These things have so much power! My talented co-pilot spotted a 14 psi boost. On partial throttle anyway, it just don't seem to moan as much as the first unit.

Shell 93 vs BP 93, no difference, actually the Shell gas alone felt worse on that first little dash. Going to load up with Octanium and drive it this week and will try the dash to 60 again.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
do tell

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City