Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Why the heck did they delay production then? To apply more decals and stitching? [?|]
Looks like to sell a lot more 19 MY cars

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Looks like to sell a lot more 19 MY cars
Worked like a charm. If I had known no new anything for 2020, i may have done a RE with all the discounts.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Your the first person I instantly thought of when I read this and yeah what a joke if it’s the real story. And I am not convinced it is yet [rant]
Guess I am ordering next spring instead of right when order banks open up like I hoped. Then again, no 426 really sucks and makes me think I am better off buying a low mileage used hellcat....I just don't like used and a new hellcat is too rich for my blood....

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Crap...I should have ordered a 2019 afterall, as soon as the rebate came out damn.....I am gonna call Koons tuesday to see if you can still get a 19'

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Crap...I should have ordered a 2019 afterall, as soon as the rebate came out damn.....I am gonna call Koons tuesday to see if you can still get a 19'
I got a better deal from Stafford of Fredericksburg don’t waste your time at KOONS. I have an excellent salesman that knows what to do and here is his info and tell him Garey sent you.
Joerobinson1986@gmail.com

I

Intense

Wah wah.

So the WB Charger is the big news this year?That’s cool but still kind of a nothingburger.

It’s genuinely surprising if they do nothing substantive for the 50th anniversary of the Challenger. Times are tight I guess. Is there any other car in the FCA lineup that gobbled up the development dollars?

JustForFun

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muscleville
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Pretty lame for sure. They didn't even bother themselves to take new media photos for the release. Those are all previously used pics from other model years.

JFF

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Wah wah.

So the WB Charger is the big news this year?That’s cool but still kind of a nothingburger.

It’s genuinely surprising if they do nothing substantive for the 50th anniversary of the Challenger. Times are tight I guess. Is there any other car in the FCA lineup that gobbled up the development dollars?
I probably would have moved up if the Charger had the Redeye option to go along with the widebody. Loving my current Charger that has been flawless so far.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Maybe dodge is gonna play the Ford GT500 game which was totally LAME and do the same for the 50th Anniversary Challenger. I personally feel something will be announced sooner than later for the 50th anniversary but if it’s something special don’t do the Gt500 flop. Dodge needs to follow the Chevrolet Corvette C8 reveal just show it and be done with it.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Worked like a charm. If I had known no new anything for 2020, i may have done a RE with all the discounts.
Same here. Checked out a Triple Nickel Redeye yesterday but it just wasn't the right car for me. I can't believe FCA isn't doing anything for the 50th. Call me the eternal optimist but I still hold out hope that there will be something special coming out.

Saw this Octane Edition and if it was the widebody I just might have made the jump to the Charger. Even dirty it looked good.

IMG_1008.jpg IMG_1007.jpg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
This dude a straight up fool. Mike I mean.

I explained it all to you, in detail and in plain English, on the other site. To sum up: sales were down and it wasn't profitable.
Agree completely (as also stated at the "other" site), and don't forget, they're still making money, even with all the rebates. Very informative regarding how much FCA really has in these cars.

I don't think they're going to show their entire hand this early. Something will be held back. What it is, and whether its worth anything is anyones guess.

What is an "Octane Edition"?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Got a bad feeling when it was reported the Ram Rebel TR with 426 was not going to happen.

Trucks do wonders for keeping these big V8s cheap. Without Ram i dont think a Challenger sees the 426. This kind of confirms it

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
This dude a straight up fool. Mike I mean.

Agree completely (as also stated at the "other" site), and don't forget, they're still making money, even with all the rebates. Very informative regarding how much FCA really has in these cars.

I don't think they're going to show their entire hand this early. Something will be held back. What it is, and whether its worth anything is anyones guess.

What is an "Octane Edition"?
I stated this on this site as well, in a previous thread, concerning the delay in 'reveal'. There is nothing important to reveal for 2020 Challenger. Sorta like 2017 was.
FCA short term directive is to bring the Charger line up into better consumer focus for the next 2 yrs.
Look at it this way, no new/major changes in the challenger line up will at least allow current market value to level off a bit, compared to both 2018 & 2019.
No loss, but no gain either, hopefully 2021/22 will bring big rewards to us enthusiast for waiting.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I have no clue about the 426, but I think they'll do some sort of anniversary Challenger after the first of the year. I think it won't be all that big of a deal, but be produced in limited numbers and produced as a sort of "Spring Special". Mostly decals and embroidered seats. Kind of like the Mopar '10 and the coming Charger Daytona.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Wah wah.

All we had to do is remember what they did for the 50th Anniversary of the Charger, or the 100th Anniversary of Dodge, to prepare ourselves for this announcement.

I am SO GLAD I went ahead and bought a ‘19 and didn’t waste driving time waiting for the 2020 order banks to open.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Got a couple of new wheel options, more variations of ugly.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Got a couple of new wheel options, more variations of ugly.
One seems to be the 15/16 slingshot version on the wide body. Thats huge for me. Ive wanted a WB but absolutely detest the devils rims. Just couldn't pull the trigger. I still think the impossible to clean 15/16 slingshots are the best looking wheels of any Challenger ever so this may push me over the fence. Maybe not though, still struggling with the idea of a third 15+ Challenger. Still basically the same car, was hoping for a refresh to motivate me a little more.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I will also tell you my Devil Rims have a crappy finish job on them. I also hate them. Almost so bad if they did not actually come on the car, I would say they have the quality of a "knock-off".

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Non of us knew for sure...(maybe we still don't)..It sure has been one big feast since 15..maybe the chefs need a break...we still got some leftovers..and at these discounts..they taste better...

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Let’s be honest, how much more can Dodge get out of the current platform? Even Chevy threw in the towel and went mid engine. At some point (and we may be there) the current platform is going to be maxed out.