Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 Challenger changes preview

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I'm not so sure. Yes, the platform is old, and past its prime. But that doesn't mean Dodge won't keep jacking with it until the very last second to save money. As long as they can keep cranking these out and people keep buying them, they won't change. I personally feel, also, that the Camaro is a better comparator for our cars than the Corvette. The fact this ancient Benz architecture with huge american (make that Mexican) engines in them are even being discussed in the same paragraph as the Corvette is pretty impressive really.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
WOW I mean WOW, that’s the big 2020 news????? Are you kidding me and not even a mention it came from Dodge? Is this FAKE news I mean really this is the hold out late in the year? Part of me says Dodge has not released the whole story and if so guess the 426 is a pipe dream. And damn if the HP rebates go away sooner than later then damn glad I got my Redeye. And now the 1000 postings begin and or maybe most just are not interested to respond since their ain’t nothing really to talk about. [dunno]
I am glad I didn't wait for the 20 as well. Got the rebate, and I could care less about the minor tweaks if this is for certain.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Let’s be honest, how much more can Dodge get out of the current platform? Even Chevy threw in the towel and went mid engine. At some point (and we may be there) the current platform is going to be maxed out.
I wonder that as well. They are so high in old world HP now! What if they go to a hybrid technology with a smaller power plant. Or an all wheel drive with hybrid technology.

I had one of the last naturally aspirated GTS 911s, and they went with a smaller liter motor the next year and turbos. It was quicker but the lovely sound was gone. I know this car is not naturally aspirated, but you get the point. I ride a lot of bikes, and even they are meeting certain standards and are changing rapidly. Heck, Harley even has an electric bike out now!

I love the big engines and old school vibe and would love to see a 426 Hemi option. How in the heck would we got it to hook up though, when we have issues right now with what we have. :) Bragging rights can be fun to!!!

Last edited:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
426 will be here before it's over. No doubt at all. They're not going electric until they milk the money cow with that.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Worked like a charm. If I had known no new anything for 2020, i may have done a RE with all the discounts.
Still have time. HP incentive ends Sept 3rd and possible it gets extended for another month.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Still have time. HP incentive ends Sept 3rd and possible it gets extended for another month.
Yes! Have you checked around to find one or see whats out there for wide bodies? I was at my dealer hoping mine would show up on Saturday. It looks to be coming via transport tomorrow. But he said he has had a quite a few calls looking for Redeye's. They are a huge dealer here in the midwest.

I do hope if anyone wants one bad, they get hooked up fast and get their rebate etc. I did some searching and found quite a few new narrow bodies. Narrow or wide, they are all nice!

Last edited:

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Yes! Have you checked around to find one or see whats out there? I was at my dealer hoping mine would show up on Saturday. It looks to be coming via transport tomorrow. But he said he has had a quite a few calls looking for Redeye's. They are a huge dealer here in the midwest.

I do hope if anyone wants one bad, they get hooked up fast and get their rebate etc.
I was looking into the RE but decided to go another route and wait for Dodge's next best thing. The rebate is a steal and I think anyone who ever considered one should jump on this deal.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I was looking into the RE but decided to go another route and wait for Dodge's next best thing. The rebate is a steal and I think anyone who ever considered one should jump on this deal.
That is awesome Tkracing1. Good for you!

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
426 will be here before it's over. No doubt at all. They're not going electric until they milk the money cow with that.
LOL. Where have I heard that before? :unsure:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I think that's going to be my plan too. Been flip flopping because of the rebates but in the end do I really want a third Challenger that is basically the same car? Those rebates are a game changer for sure, but ultimately i'd be in the same car with a hair more power. And not even any dash or door panel stitching!!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Man you guys are spoiled. I've been around since 425hp was a big deal lol. I bet SRT will do something for the 50th.

The platform may be aging but it handles 1000rwhp without much trouble. If you really want a 426 just have one built and it'll be better than what would come factory.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Speedy, some want a warranty with their rocket ship lol. But I hear what you are saying! How are the stock rear ends doing with 1000 Hp? Just curious! Or do they have to be beefed up some how, and with a stronger driveshaft?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Several folks racing them at 1000+ rwhp. DIRS brace is what is mostly being used.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
One seems to be the 15/16 slingshot version on the wide body. Thats huge for me. Ive wanted a WB but absolutely detest the devils rims. Just couldn't pull the trigger. I still think the impossible to clean 15/16 slingshots are the best looking wheels of any Challenger ever so this may push me over the fence. Maybe not though, still struggling with the idea of a third 15+ Challenger. Still basically the same car, was hoping for a refresh to motivate me a little more.
I definitely agree, I kinda like the devils from an angle but can't get used to the flowerlike look when you are in front of them. I definitely think the slingshot was better and the WB version could be killer, I think a pic of the WB version of the slingshot has been released with the WB charger. Good news for me. And the stitching is a detail, but maybe it will make the interior look a little less cheap. We'll see, anyway I'll buy one unless the price increases ridiculously, which shouldn't happen.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Several folks racing them at 1000+ rwhp. DIRS brace is what is mostly being used.
Thanks Speedy. Didn't know that. In fact I don't know much about these cars so I am asking lots of questions. Thanks for that information!!!!

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thanks Speedy. Didn't know that. In fact I don't know much about these cars so I am asking lots of questions. Thanks for that information!!!!
Just so you know, FCA has been denying warranty repairs for some using a diff brace. It seems stupid, but that’s what’s been happening.

Inrfire

Member ID
Reactions
City
Omaha
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Just so you know, FCA has been denying warranty repairs for some using a diff brace. It seems stupid, but that’s what’s been happening.
Thanks Demon1! I did go with an extended warranty on my unit and I did ask that specific question. I was told exactly that on a differential brace as well. But thanks for the heads up!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Silverdale
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2008 Toyota 4Runner SR5
So no 50th anniversary edition. Heck looks like the only throw back color available is f8. They picked a heck of a year to get rid of sublime, plum crazy and the like. It's like the people up there in Detroit aren't aware of there history. I have a 70 and I missed out on destroyer grey and passed on the power bucks to buy a 20 full price so I'd have 2 challengers 50 years apart. That article did jump the gun a little bit so hopefully y'all are right and they're wrong on some stuff. Or maybe I'm gonna have to wait to pull the trigger on one until late model year to see if they do what they did with the charger and offer a limited anniversary edition or something.
Kinda makes me sad that Sublime Green is gone. It was just starting to grow on me. I don't know if I was ready to put it at the top of my list above Go Mango, but it was getting there. It kinda feels like they found an old stock of paint lying around and just decided to off load it with a "special mid-year color."

Oh well, I guess it's Go Mango for me. :)

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
I definitely agree, I kinda like the devils from an angle but can't get used to the flowerlike look when you are in front of them. I definitely think the slingshot was better and the WB version could be killer, I think a pic of the WB version of the slingshot has been released with the WB charger. Good news for me. And the stitching is a detail, but maybe it will make the interior look a little less cheap. We'll see, anyway I'll buy one unless the price increases ridiculously, which shouldn't happen.
This would look killer on the challenger imo.

Attachments