Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
:eek:

I mean, for the most part, he's not wrong. Ford stole the valve layout of the BBC for the Cleveland, and their new pushrod big block looks eerily similar to the LS architecture. Fix on race day.
All of that is suspect (but then what companies don't copy from the competition and there are only so many ways to make engine architecture) but that still doesn't invalidate the runs. Need to see runs by production cars in the hands of joe blow.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thank about the GT 40's. Fine auto moe bile. As far as 170 proof lik or quor.

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #144
That's pretty impressive but with good track prep (or looks it) and nice cold air. Noice.
Does “good” prep really matters with street tires? I think not. I haven’t been able to duplicate my street launches on street tires at the drag strip.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Does “good” prep really matters with street tires? I think not. I haven’t been able to duplicate my street launches on street tires at the drag strip.
In my experience. Yes it helps. It won't hook like a drag radial. But with prep and other cars running with drag radials or slicks it gives a much better surface. A HC or the like will still be trickier ro get a good time. The low end torque with our gearing and tires make it difficult. Especially with the newer cars with the 3.09 gears.
You still have to baby it on a prepped track but with practice your times should be a fair bit better than on a dusty street.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
In my experience. Yes it helps. It won't hook like a drag radial. But with prep and other cars running with drag radials or slicks it gives a much better surface. A HC or the like will still be trickier ro get a good time. The low end torque with our gearing and tires make it difficult. Especially with the newer cars with the 3.09 gears.
You still have to baby it on a prepped track but with practice your times should be a fair bit better than on a dusty street.
No doubt good prep helps, more on drag radials than street tires but still, I agree. The fact that a total drag racing noob ran a 10.6 on street tires though shows that the GT500 is every bit as equal as the Redeye at the drag strip and much more on a road course.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
DA was negative for this run. December 1st Texas motorplex. 6:47pm. I have not run my Redeye in Neg DA yet so far 200DA was the lowest. I will wait to see what the GT500 does at the track beside me before I make my conclusion.
  • Dec 01 6:00 pm
  • 52 deg F
  • 38%
  • 29.59 Hg
  • 28 deg F
  • NW 8 mph
  • 99.95 %
  • 17 ft.

• Dec 01 7:00 pm
  • 51 deg F
  • 42%
  • 29.61 Hg
  • 29 deg F
  • NW 7 mph
  • 100.18 %
  • -62 ft.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
No doubt good prep helps, more on drag radials than street tires but still, I agree. The fact that a total drag racing noob ran a 10.6 on street tires though shows that the GT500 is every bit as equal as the Redeye at the drag strip and much more on a road course.
The thing I like the most about the HC platform is the fact that not everyone can be quick in one right away. The launch control in the GT500 looks like it does a good job. The fact that he tried launch at over 3k makes me cringe yet it seems to keep it under control.
I have a feeling that it may not pick up as much as we do on a drag radial. But then again if you can launch it at 3k🤷‍♂️.
I don't really care that it is a better handling car for my purposes. Hell as far as I'm concerned mine handles great thank you.
This whole comparison reminds me of the old Corvette vs Viper thing. Btw nothing to do with brand loyalty but my choice has always been the Viper. Like I will choose the Challenger because of space and comfort even if it was slower. Not to mention I like having to drive the car, not have it do the hard stuff for me. I don't like adaptive cruise either😉.
What I find amazing is we can discuss/argue/defend cars of this caliber at all.
Oh and I still ain't scared of one if it shows up at my track. 🍻

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Kid just weighed the GT500.. 4080 no driver about empty fuel tank..

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
How about the GT 40???

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
How about the GT 40???
Around 2900

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Well the guy is running the Ps4s. Just to note that compound is a lot softer and sticker once you do a quick burnout much more so than the Perillis zeros. I could image at the drag strip on a prepped surface it will hook pretty well. My PS4s on 10.5s get me to 100 on the street In 7.2 seconds and that’s with a 3.6 second to 60. Probably a good thing though. If my Cat stuck hard from 0-20 mph doing repeated launches it’d probably either break the stock driveshaft or rear. I’ve done a 1.23 G launch before on the street with the PS4s.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The thing I like the most about the HC platform is the fact that not everyone can be quick in one right away. The launch control in the GT500 looks like it does a good job. The fact that he tried launch at over 3k makes me cringe yet it seems to keep it under control.
I have a feeling that it may not pick up as much as we do on a drag radial. But then again if you can launch it at 3k.
I don't really care that it is a better handling car for my purposes. Hell as far as I'm concerned mine handles great thank you.
This whole comparison reminds me of the old Corvette vs Viper thing. Btw nothing to do with brand loyalty but my choice has always been the Viper. Like I will choose the Challenger because of space and comfort even if it was slower. Not to mention I like having to drive the car, not have it do the hard stuff for me. I don't like adaptive cruise either.
What I find amazing is we can discuss/argue/defend cars of this caliber at all.
Oh and I still ain't scared of one if it shows up at my track.
And at the end of the day Jim it's still a Ford...... A $hit box .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
And at the end of the day Jim it's still a Ford...... A $hit box .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Lmao. I was talking about the GT500’s with my dad the other day. I mentioned I was pretty impressed with this run. Haha.. “and not like I was even considering it but... my dad goes..” “what are you going to do sell your hellcat for a GT500, so what it’s a little faster than your car it’s a mustang it’s not going to ride and feel like your hellcat.. and simply said.. I’d hate it!”

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My cat's box actually smells better than that stinkin stang. But I did watch a program tonight about the 70's thru the newer custom modles of the Mach 1's. Thru the custom built $400,000 customs. Who wood?? now a 1974- 5 Mach 1 351 Cleveland 4 barrel,,, I would purchase for the right price. But the mods,, keep em. Instering car show,, I watch em all.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Kid just weighed the GT500.. 4080 no driver about empty fuel tank..
I am surprised it weighed that much. My '13 Mustang with a supercharger and added stiffening bars was just over 3800# without me in it and this new platform (15+) is suppose to be lighter

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
That kid definitely shows that the GT500 will run the numbers, do it easily, and there is tons of room for improvement. You guys have your hands full.

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Speed phenom got his and ran it. Ran a 10.6x

and also put it on a dyno jet and made 69x and 70x whp. Very impressive

gonna be buying one of these next year for sure

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
141 mph at redline. Nice. What gear do we think they tested in??
HC was at 192 when they spoiled mine up at an appropriate 1:1 ratio gear.