Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Give it time, the car hasn't been out long enough to see proper reviews on different tracks. Same with the C8 Corvette.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I am not saying they are not fast and maybe they are faster then Redeyes. What I find interesting is that the 10.6 run that all the buzz is about is was on April 3rd 2019. Yet every car journalist and in the videos posted are stating the run happened after the reveal run which it did not. Who is this person that everyone is taking there word as gospel? Who verified any of this? Dodge states the Redeyes WB redeyes will do 10.8s on the stock tires which they do. Dodge also states that the NB will do 11.1 well my NB has gone 10.399@133mph with just rear wheel and tire change and 300lb driver. Several Redeyes have gone even faster. Will the GT500 go faster...maybe but I will believe it when I see one at the track. Ford fans have reason right now to fudge numbers. Why? Well 5 years waiting for a car that still will have a problem beating a Hellcat and a even harder time beating a Redeye. I don't hear any talk about lap times. I thought thus was a track car not a drag racer. Seems Ford boys were looking for a drag racer more then a track car. I predict a GT500 on a DR will be as fast as the fastest stock cats on a DR. Moparjim has gone 10.4 in his hellcat. I believe my Redeye has 10.2 or better in it but the season is done for me.
Mark Ford's are junk plain and simple . I have a special kind of hatred for Ford's. Ford guys are the biggest whiners . Just look at all the stuff from the past . Ford's motto was "if we can't beat them penalize them " how many race classes over the years did ford whine and have weight penalties put on dodge because they couldn't keep up . This car is a factory "prepared " car just for the money runs . Production cars won't crack 11's.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
PIPO

PIPO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Manhattan
State
KS
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 C7 Z06
Thread Starter #123
The driver who ran the 10.61 is allegedly a well know ford driver who had set multiple records.

Ford , like Dodge with the Demon, used a super-prepped track in excellent conditions to achieve these numbers. It is not likely that a better driver will surpass them -especially on the stock street tires. I measure weather at tracks all over and 30.10 baro is huge and almost unobtainable beyond coastal areas. The big baro is what makes a supercharged car Excel. It is unlikely that very many owners of these cars will ever see conditions as good as what ford had for the 10.61
Ok, but how about the 10.8@131 in Las Vegas with a 1.8 60’ and a 2800 DA? Isn’t that as impressive as the FL run?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Ok, but how about the 10.8@131 in Las Vegas with a 1.8 60’ and a 2800 DA? Isn’t that as impressive as the FL run?
Some people just want their heads firmly planted in the sand. :p

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Mark Ford's are junk plain and simple . I have a special kind of hatred for Ford's. Ford guys are the biggest whiners . Just look at all the stuff from the past . Ford's motto was "if we can't beat them penalize them " how many race classes over the years did ford whine and have weight penalties put on dodge because they couldn't keep up . This car is a factory "prepared " car just for the money runs . Production cars won't crack 11's.
:eek:

I mean, for the most part, he's not wrong. Ford stole the valve layout of the BBC for the Cleveland, and their new pushrod big block looks eerily similar to the LS architecture. Fix on race day.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I mean, for the most part, he's not wrong. Ford stole the valve layout of the BBC for the Cleveland, and their new pushrod big block looks eerily similar to the LS architecture. Fix on race day.
I've spent quite a bit of time looking at the 7.3 cutaways... but nothing struck me as LS off the bat. Did you have any specifics I'd be able to look into more closely? My new truck might be a 7.3, would like to glean some insights where you have them.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I have been told to try to run in the US at a NHRA track. LOL
I have also been told it's impossible because they have never seen a stock cat leave so hard. Again LOL.
I told one guy I would gladly go to the dealer of his choice to scan the car. If it has any hint of a p1400 code I will pay for it. If it doesn't he pays for it plus my gas and time. He didn't take me up on it. They were questioning likely because I beat their Blown magnum to the 1/8 heads up. He ran me down and I was at his door in the 1/4. He ran a 10.0 that day. LOL
We are 1 win each against each other in a heads up pro tree race.
You can point them at this as a second good example of a stock car on tires.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
You can point them at this as a second good example of a stock car on tires.

Good point. Thanks.
The funny thing is there is a go mango 2017 cat that is stock and he is usually not more than a tenth behind me.
He has run a 10.52 but they don't hassle him. LOL

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Ah, they just don't like you then that explains it LOL

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Ah, they just don't like you then that explains it LOL
They don't like getting beat by a car that runs .3 slower I guess. LMAO

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda

I can't say I agree that Ford stole the valve layout from the BBC for the Cleveland. There's only so many ways to build a OHV V8. There are other engines that have run canted valves before the Chevy BB. Mopar had their Poly head 318 from '57 to '66. While the exhaust valve was vertical, the intake valve was canted. The Hemi even had / has canted valves, but they're arranged a little different because of the overall combustion chamber.

A long time ago, a "Chevy guy" friend of mine use to say Chrysler stole the SBC architecture for the Mopar small block (LA) engine. He was trying to "dig" me because my little 340 Cuda was so fast, essentially claiming it had a SBC (of sorts) in it. That little LA block is virtually an A block (from '57) with a couple of minor changes.
As long as a company doesn't infringe on another's patent, I, for the most part, don't consider it a copy.

Plus, I think it's more the sanctioning body that penalizes to keep any one manufacturer from running away with the prize money all the time. The racers have to be close enough in competition to keep the fans coming back and rooting for their favorite. The Hemi head design is just plain superior to any other, and unless they get penalized, they will always win. It would get pretty boring for everyone if you already know who is going to win the race before it is even contested, even for the Mopar fans.
It's all about the money don't cha know...it's all about the money.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I've spent quite a bit of time looking at the 7.3 cutaways... but nothing struck me as LS off the bat. Did you have any specifics I'd be able to look into more closely? My new truck might be a 7.3, would like to glean some insights where you have them.
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/for...ivers-430-horsepower-packs-monster-potential/

There are just so many similarities rocker arms, 4-bolt cross bolted mains, beehives, bolt on rear cover, CNP etc. Look I get that you could say the same about the Gen III HEMI - but at least that engine came out in the last decade(ish). It (seems like it) took Ford 30 years to get back into pushrod gas engines just to build a stroker LS. Weird.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/for...ivers-430-horsepower-packs-monster-potential/

There are just so many similarities rocker arms, 4-bolt cross bolted mains, beehives, bolt on rear cover, CNP etc. Look I get that you could say the same about the Gen III HEMI - but at least that engine came out in the last decade(ish). It (seems like it) took Ford 30 years to get back into pushrod gas engines just to build a stroker LS. Weird.
Dude that is an LS if I ever saw one ! At least 75% is stolen from the LS.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lead engineer on the 7.3 project said the piston rings were the 1 thing that kept him up at night. I’ll check out the link - thanks!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Forget about the GT500. Moparjim just went 10.37 in a stock 707hp Hellcat with wheels and DR's. Moparjim is once again the worlds fastest stock Hellcat. Way to go Jim!!! WORLD RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor(5).gif

Last edited:

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Beholder of the eyes, and from here beholder looks stock. So is the 2,100 hp Challenger,, yepper.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States